Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Personal hotspot issues with iPhone on Tesco Mobile

• 29-07-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭

I moved from Three to Tesco Mobile but can't use personal hotspot to be able to access the net on my laptop or iPad. Has anyone else had this issue. It worked fine when I was on the Three network. It's an iPhone 4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try resetting network settings. And check if Tesco allow tethering, as they might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Zcott wrote: »
    Try resetting network settings. And check if Tesco allow tethering, as they might not.

They allow tethering. Have just tried it and tethered to my iPad and works fine. I don't use it that much but it seems to work fine. Maybe check with them. Might be just your settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Potus wrote: »
    They allow tethering. Have just tried it and tethered to my iPad and works fine. I don't use it that much but it seems to work fine. Maybe check with them. Might be just your settings.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Mmsc: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    Mms proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080

If you have a chance could you, on you iPhone, go into Settings>Cellular (might be 3G/4G on different models)>Cellular Data Network and see if there is any text entered under the Personal Hotspot section? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is tesco mobile 3g fast enough to be bothered tethering?
    I enquired a few years back and they told me to expect speeds of .5 mb max.

Advertisement