Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black screen Cubot One (HTC One copy)

• 29-07-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Recently dropped my Cubot One only to find that I have a "black screen". There is no picture but the touchscreen still works and I am able to unlock the phone. There isn't any cracks or scratches on the actual screen after I took a bad fall off my bicycle.

Just wondering is the "black screen" beyond repair. Also, if it is repairable, how would I go about about fixing it and an estimate of the cost. Is the phone covered by warranty?

Thanks.

P.S. If the phone is beyond repair would it be worth my while trying to sell it on Done Deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the "touch" part still works(the capacitive panel) and the glass is intact its just the LCD thats f'cked.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-LCD-Display-for-CUBOT-ONE-Tronsmart-TS7-Cell-Phone-321938.html

2nd google result. If you're good with a scredriver and prying tool it wont be a super difficult job most likely.

Oh, theres a video of the takedown and all:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pewpew16

Took the phone to a guy in Cork you were right a tiny crack in the lcd took out the whole display on the phone the beauty of Chinese phones is that a screen replacement is only €19 ;) Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

19? Wow thats good value. No need for a case at that price xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 WillContribute

I also have a Cubot one, love it, but today dropped it outside of it's normal plastic protector/bumper.
    Yesterday, I took it out to remove the battery to reboot, but forgot to put the bumper back on.

After the fall, I have moving stripes on the screen, but still functional. The stripes come in and out and vary according to the image.
    Can you suggest or hint even where you brought it for your repair?

If I can get this back on track it's worth every penny. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Sad story, god bless you

• Advertisement
Advertisement