Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who looks after public areas of Docklands?

Options
  • 29-07-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Been down docklands way lately by the Theatre and notic d its starting to look a bit dirty and not as fancy looking. There was some lovely features like a fountain, the glass in the middle of the seats are gone. Light features on paths broken. Trees pulled down and the central plaza is all overgrown. Shame...still a very nice area but getting less so.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Was the DDDA but as part of their windup, a lot of these responsibilities are being transferred to the Council. Naturally the changeover seems to be confused at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Robbo wrote: »
    Was the DDDA but as part of their windup, a lot of these responsibilities are being transferred to the Council.

I hold little hope for the entire area if that is the case. It's a pity because for a few years it did seem like the only real world class environment in the city. Now it will be let go to sh!t just like everywhere else the council has responsibility for.

I am convinced we live in Europe's dumbest capital city from an administration point of view. The results are all around. Sure the mayor thinks O'Connell Street is grand. They will surely do their best therefore to bring this area to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Do Bilfinger not manage a lot of this? private company - its all a bit odd: http://mygrandcanaldock.ie/my-public-area/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Michelin

Crash wrote: »
    Do Bilfinger not manage a lot of this? private company - its all a bit odd: http://mygrandcanaldock.ie/my-public-area/

They could well do.
    There are a lot of security personnell walking around in the area now also. There must be some issues down their regarding security also. Like previous post commented on it been a world class area within Dublin, it would be great to hold on to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

The hot weather attracts local gurriers to dive into the dock and then cause nuisances for local businesses and residents, there have been extensive threads on this. I'd imagine that's why the security is there.

• Advertisement

The hot weather attracts local gurriers to dive into the dock and then cause nuisances for local businesses and residents, there have been extensive threads on this. I'd imagine that's why the security is there.

Not too sure about that, was talking with a local today at lunch time and the security are only patrolling in and around the apartments. Although he didnt know what exactly why there are patrolling the apartments.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Michelin wrote: »
    Been down docklands way lately by the Theatre and notic d its starting to look a bit dirty and not as fancy looking. There was some lovely features like a fountain, the glass in the middle of the seats are gone. Light features on paths broken. Trees pulled down and the central plaza is all overgrown. Shame...still a very nice area but getting less so.

I thought it was private property? Have you called and asked them?

kceire wrote: »
    I thought it was private property? Have you called and asked them?

Whose private property?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Michelin wrote: »
    Whose private property?

The DDDA / the Grand Canal Harbour Management Company.

Advertisement