Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving range

• 29-07-2014 8:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Are there any golf driving ranges in Roscommon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭mikewest

There is one 5 minutes drive the Roscommon side of Athlone half mile or so off the main road, it is well signed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

mikewest wrote: »
    There is one 5 minutes drive the Roscommon side of Athlone half mile or so off the main road, it is well signed.

It's down to the right about five minutes past the Hodson Bay Hotel as you go towards Roscommon. I think it's the same road that you use if going to the Bridgets GAA club.
    It's not a very fancy set up but then all you want is to be able to hit the bloody ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

How far from Roscommon is that ?

How far from Roscommon is that ?
    I'd say about 14 miles, 20 minutes at a handy pace

Thanks.

Its a pity there is none in ross town. I'd say it would do well !!!

• Advertisement

Thanks.

There's your business opportunity now, driving range, coffee shop, sportwear/golf gear outlet, golf lessons. Get Lowry down from Offaly to open it. Millionaire by 30!

Great idea. Wanna go half's on it ???

Great idea. Wanna go half's on it ???

Sorry. No can do. All my capital has been invested in Garth Brooks Loves Ireland T Shirts and cowboy hats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Thanks.

Er, no it wouldn't.
    Most golfers are already members of the golf club which provides most of those things

golf ranges only work with a very large population who don't have the time to go for a round of golf and want to improve their game

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Sorry. No can do. All my capital has been invested in Garth Brooks Loves Ireland T Shirts and cowboy hats.

You better get on adverts ASAP to flog all that gear

• Advertisement

You better get on adverts ASAP to flog all that gear

I'll make my money back next year on "Mayo for two in a row" t shirts

Advertisement