Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel - Palestine Conflict. **Mod note in OP - updated 1st August**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

hju6 wrote: »
    It's a very good explanation

David Duke is a vile scum bucket. Nothing that comes out of his filthy gob is "good". He devalues anything he touches, even if its correct.

This is not the first time you've strayed over into anti-semetic territory in this thread either. The Palestinian cause has enough obstacles in its way without more via you and duke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Nodin wrote: »
    David Duke is a vile scum bucket. Nothing that comes out of his filthy gob is "good". He devalues anything he touches, even if its correct.

This is not the first time you've strayed over into anti-semetic territory in this thread either. The Palestinian cause has enough obstacles in its way without more via you and duke.

Yeah let's just dance round the elephant and politely smile

Yeah let's just dance round the elephant and politely smile

What's "the elephant"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

What's "the elephant"?
    The elephant in the room, i suppose.

shedweller wrote: »
    The elephant in the room, i suppose.

That much I gathered.

That much I gathered.
    Ah yes. silly me! The elephant in the room would be (among other things) that here is a state illegally expanding past its agreed borders, shooting innocents while saying "damn, missed him!" and all the while, using mega expensive weapons that shouldn't miss, thereby implying that they are deliberately targeting innocent civilians.

And all the worlds leaders couldn't give a sh1t.:mad:

You confuse anti Semite with anti Zionism , I have nothing against Jews or Arabs

You confuse anti Semite with anti Zionism , I have nothing against Jews or Arabs

What's "the elephant" (presumably 'in the room') you were referring to earlier?

What's "the elephant" (presumably 'in the room') you were referring to earlier?

The control the zionists have over the worlds media, military, banks etc,

Or is that being anti Semitic :)

The control the zionists have over the worlds media, military, banks etc,

Or is that being anti Semitic :)

Given the earlier holocaust denial, the more recent david duke, as good as, yeah.

• Advertisement

Given the earlier holocaust denial, the more recent david duke, as good as, yeah.

More Zionist spin like the human skin lampshade story

More Zionist spin

Well done, you have uncovered me, Shlomo Goldberg, Zionist infiltrator and agent of the NWO.

Well done, you have uncovered me, Shlomo Goldberg, Zionist infiltrator and agent of the NWO.

I knew having 6 VPNs would come in useful one day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I knew having 6 VPNs would come in useful one day

You're talking an awful load of Blarney! Anyhow back on track...I expect there to be another solidarity march again tomorrow in cork,I shall be out. Hopefully a good turnout once again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Israel's style of public relations

A quick guide to Israel's PR methods:

1. We haven't heard reports of deaths, will check into it;

2. The people were killed, but by a faulty Palestinian rocket/bomb;

3. OK we killed them, but they were terrorists;

4. OK they were civilians, but they were being used as human shields;

5. OK there were no fighters in the area, so it was our mistake. But we kill civilians by accident, they do it on purpose;

6. OK we kill far more civilians than they do, but look at how terrible other countries are!

7. Why are you still talking about Israel? Are you some kind of anti-semite?

Test this against the next interview you hear or watch.

Adam Johannes, Secretary, Cardiff Stop the War Coalition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Class :-)

You forgot: "But we are entitled to defend ourselves"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

5. OK there were no fighters in the area, so it was our mistake. But we kill civilians by accident, they do it on purpose;

6. OK we kill far more civilians than they do, but look at how terrible other countries are!

That's the tried & tested repetitive formula alright and that pretty much nails it. Usually by the time any shift towards an admission occurs. Several days have passed and the story/atrocity has dropped off the media radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm reminded irresistibly of a famous excerpt from Yes Prime Minister in which Humphrey explains to Bernard how to effectively deal with a politician who shows an interest in a foreign affairs situation:

We follow the four stage program.
    In stage one, we say that nothing is going to happen.
    In stage two, we say that something may be going to happen, but we don't need to do anything about it.
    In stage three, we say maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do,
    And finally in stage four we say, you know maybe there was something we could have done - but it's too late now.

:pac:

That's the tried & tested repetitive formula alright and that pretty much nails it. Usually by the time any shift towards an admission occurs. Several days have passed and the story/atrocity has dropped off the media radar.

Meanwhile, in the haven of tolerance in the middle east......

"Some 350 demonstrators have been charged across Israel since the unrest began early in July; none are Jewish"
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.610828

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, in the haven of tolerance in the middle east......

"Some 350 demonstrators have been charged across Israel since the unrest began early in July; none are Jewish"
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.610828

I expect nothing less from such a shinning bastion of 'democracy'. To read the full content, Boardsies will have to register with Haaretz.

Here's another snippet, from Nodin's original link.....

The demonstrations that took place in Israeli towns and cities within the Green Line were organized and mostly non-violent, and were attended by members of parliament and dignitaries. But the police didn't view them this way. The Israel Police's official website stated that "while the civilian front of Operation Protective Edge is being managed, the fight against violent riots across the country continues," as if the protests were another front on which the war in Gaza is being waged.

"The wave of arrests is intended to silence and crush the right of Arab citizens to protest, via police violence and hostility," says attorney Suhad Bishara from the Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel - Adalah, who represented many of the detained demonstrators. "The Israel Police treats the Arab community as a potential enemy, and unfortunately, the court approved many of the police's requests for extended remand, even when there was no ground for this
    ."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.610828#

Palestine solidarity protestors target smart bomb manufacturer in Fife

PNN/Solidarity

Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign has called for a halt to the manufacturing of components for Israeli bombs in Scotland. The US owned Raytheon plant in Glenrothes produces guidance electronics for the Paveway II bomb which has been used to kill innocent women, men and children in Gaza.

A demonstration on Saturday 16 August at 3pm in the Fife town is expected to be attended by thousands of protestors from across Scotland. The revelation about the company’s involvement in the horrendous massacre in Gaza came in press reports last weekend and follows calls from the Scottish government for an immediate arms embargo on Israel. The company boasts that they “can take a dumb bomb and turn it into a smart bomb”.

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php/nonviolence/7987-palestine-solidarity-protestors-target-smart-bomb-manufacturer-in-fife

Mainstream medias silence on the protests is deafening

Well either israel got a bad batch of smart bombs, havent a clue how to operate them, or are deliberately targeting innocent civilians. I know where i'd put my money.

Well either israel got a bad batch of smart bombs, havent a clue how to operate them, or are deliberately targeting innocent civilians. I know where i'd put my money.

The fourth option seems most likely to me, which is that they are targeting what they think are militants without giving civilians a second thought.
    Not saying "There are a hundred innocent people there, let's kill them", but saying "there might be a target down there somewhere, let's just keep firing and hope we hit him. Collateral doesn't matter."

Contempt rather than hatred, which in my view is actually worse. Hatred is an emotion which requires some level of empathy, contempt is a complete lack of emotion towards a person.

Would you trust a racist genocidist with a bomb made in Scotland?

I wouldnt trust a racist genocidist with a bomb, full stop. Where its made hardly makes a difference.

• Advertisement

I'll rephrase

Would you trust an IDF with a bomb made in
    ?

I'll rephrase

Would you trust an IDF with a bomb made in
    ?
    No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

What I don't get about the "anti-Zionist equals anti-Semite" ****e that Zionists and their apologists keep rolling out is that at this stage it seems they really are trying to convince people that they do hate Jews. As the shadow of WWII and the holocaust fades from the collective consciousness, the original sin guilt card is a pretty weak one to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

I thought I would share this with those people who are interested and haven't seen it before.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/listen-love-time-genocide-performed-haidar-eid

In this video, the Palestinian intellectual and activist Haidar Eid, in Gaza, performs “Love in the Time of Genocide,” adapted from a poem by the late Egyptian poet Abdul Rahim Mansour.
    The words are unadorned, but Eid’s performance is haunting, set against images from Israel’s most recent massacre in Gaza:
    Between contractions and pain
    We will be reborn
    Between contractions and pain
    Wisdom will be born
    The song of freedom will be born
    All that has passed and gone
    Is still being born in your eyes
    At the end of the video are these words from Eid himself:
    The Palestinian people, and Gazans in particular, have been living an unending massacre since 1948. We can no longer negotiate about improving the conditions of oppression; it is either the full menu of rights, or nothing. And that means the end of occupation, apartheid and colonialism.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    What I don't get about the "anti-Zionist equals anti-Semite" ****e that Zionists and their apologists keep rolling out is that at this stage it seems they really are trying to convince people that they do hate Jews. As the shadow of WWII and the holocaust fades from the collective consciousness, the original sin guilt card is a pretty weak one to play.

Wow, that's consice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

1 word, Rothshild! Unfortunately, they have huge sway when it comes to these issues. Crazy, I know.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

A Young American Jewish woman asks her peer group some tough questions. Unfortunately they weren't up to the task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDE4mRwfSQ#t=515

1 word, Rothshild! Unfortunately, they have huge sway when it comes to these issues. Crazy, I know.:(

1 Word - Bullshit.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    And yet it works so well for so many. Strength in numbers yes? Thats the uphill battle and the zionists know this all too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Essential viewing on the origins of the latest conflict and the historical context.

Sorry if posted already

http://youtu.be/UEpn68BZIOY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

*shakeshead*

Crazy you say? You know we have a special forum for that kind of crazy.....:pac:

A Palestinian man and his Jewish bride-to-be are facing hostile protests in the Israeli town of Rishon Letzion after Israel's high court refused their application to ban demonstrations outside their wedding reception.

Mahmoud Mansour, 26, a Palestinian from Jaffa, has had to hire dozens of security guards after an anti-Arab group, Lehava, published details of his wedding reception online and called for Israelis to come and picket the wedding hall.

The group, which campaigns against assimilation between Jews and Arabs in Israel, is angry that Mansour's bride-to-be, Moral Malka, 23, is Jewish, although local media reported that she has already converted to Islam and the couple have had an Islamic wedding.

Lehava, which campaigns under the slogan of 'saving the daughters of Israel', was revealed to have links with the Israeli government in a 2011 investigation by Haaretz, receiving up to $175,000 per year from the state, over half of its operational budget.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/israeli-court-protesters-picket-palestinian-jewish-wedding

Charming. Stated funded bigots.

Lehava, which campaigns under the slogan of 'saving the daughters of Israel', was revealed to have links with the Israeli government in a 2011 investigation by Haaretz, receiving up to $175,000 per year from the state, over half of its operational budget.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/israeli-court-protesters-picket-palestinian-jewish-wedding

Charming. Stated funded bigots.

A pillar, a bastion Israel, a shining light of democracy and tolerance in the Middle East.

A pillar, a bastion Israel, a shining light of democracy and tolerance in the Middle East.

Absolutely. Any suggestion that the light source is burning Palestinian property, olive groves etc is clearly pro-terrorist propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Israel, the Westboro Baptist Church of the Middle East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

So it turns out that the IDF actually were incompetent when it comes to shooting.

http://www.imemc.org/article/68870?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PalestineNews+%28Palestine+News%29
    A report by the Israeli military on Sunday August 17th found that during the Israeli invasion of Gaza that began on July 8th, fifteen different incidents of ‘friendly fire’ occurred, killing 5 soldiers and wounding 23.

And in other news

Thousands block the unloading of Israeli ship in the USA.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/israeli-ship-remains-at-sea-thousands-protesters-gather?CMP=twt_gu

Israeli ship remains at sea as thousands of protesters gather in Oakland

bumper234 wrote: »

Blockage of that ship is heartening.

Blockage of that ship is heartening.
    They look like anti semites to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

And probably homosexual, provo supporting,blind,ignorant,hate filled anti semites.

How so? The word "Jewish" appears absolutely nowhere in the article.

How so? The word "Jewish" appears absolutely nowhere in the article.
    Sorry, i was being sarcastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

U know hating arabs or ethiopians is anti semetic cus theyre semites and a lot of palestinians are descended from jews who stayed in the roman palestine

• Advertisement

Sorry, i was being sarcastic!

Haha I'm notoriously bad at detecting sarcasm over the internet ;) The use of the ;) :pac: and :rolleyes: smileys helps considerably :p

Advertisement