Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

folders

• 29-07-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Not Sure where this goes so sorry for and inconvenience caused.
    I have an external HDD when it is connected to my laptop it automatically assigns folders (my pictures, my music and my videos). I'm sure what itis but i can't seem to turn it off. It happens with all HDDand not USB's so I'm guessing it has something to do with NTFS.:confused:
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It could be some software installed.

However, you can include additional locations into your libraries and if the drives are connecting with the same letter, it could be creating the folders each time.

Try opening a computer window. Right-click on one of the sub libraries (e.g., music/pictures under "Libraries" on the left hand side) and go to properties. See if you can remove the interfering library locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Monotype wrote: »
    It could be some software installed.

However, you can include additional locations into your libraries and if the drives are connecting with the same letter, it could be creating the folders each time.

Try opening a computer window. Right-click on one of the sub libraries (e.g., music/pictures under "Libraries" on the left hand side) and go to properties. See if you can remove the interfering library locations.

Seems to have done the trick.:)

Advertisement