Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applewood Swords

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am tring to find some information about Applewood in Swords this moment. I am thinking of buying there, I like the place etc but I am worry about the Management Company. I am tring to get some ,,true" information but property Agent said me They will not provide you any details untill you are not an owner....ok but how can I be if I have nobody who can explain me few things and answer for all questions? Do you know who play the Management Company role in that place?
    Does anyone has any experience and suggestion as a Apartment/duplex owner there?
    They have quite good Management Fee per year but is parking place includded (or is extra charge for this and how many cars you can keep there?) are bins included ? I will be glad if you sare your opinions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mpaulina

???

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Hi, I know the applewood area and it's decent enough. Good amenities, school, close to swords, m1 etc. I'd think prices are reasonable considering it's not a sought out area to live.

However, Your agent sounds dodgy. I would not commit to anything unless you have the full details. They should provide the management fees and full information. If they don't I would go to another agent.

Good luck

Thanks very much for your answer :) DO you know by any chance someone who actually lives there and is an owner as well? I am trying to google who is the Managment Comp. there with no results... Agent gave me some details .... amount of the Management fee etc but was unable to for example say if parking space is extra paid or is included in Management fee.... I would love to ring Management company by myself and ask many question but i am just wondering If they give me the answers if I am not a owner yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

My friend has two apartments in Applewood.
    Im going to quote him what he told about the management committee.

"The management company was fired, then another was got in and was fired when they wouldnt treat the home owners as sh!t, when requested by the committee. So the committee fired them and took over the management themselves. It is now run by 5 <Directors> who have absolutely no respect, and will not answer to the property owners now."

He also told me that they have AGMs purposely with short notice and that most people who turn up are talked down. Every time they come up for renewal, there arent enough people there to vote them down, and nobody else wants to be on the committee with the people on it already. If anyone else was to go on it, they would want a clean slate committee, because its like a gang on the board.

And members of the committee send letters to his tenants and personally call down to give them warnings etc, even though he has told them that they are not to be dealing directly with HIS tenants.

<Mod Snip>

Another issue is that some of the apartments have leaks from outside and the management company keep fobbing the owners off and will not fix them.

So what you have described doesnt surprise me one bit OP.
    I'll email him and try to get the email addresses of the committee, but as you have seen. They think they own the whole place themselves.

Edit.
    That was quick.
    Here you go - [Mod Snip]
    He says you cant get any better contact details than that email address, and mentioned <Mod Snip> again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I owned a property mainly rented on the main street for a few years. Nice area. Few issues at times. Management Company were a complete pain in my ass and resulted in my car being clamped numerous times through no fault of my own. My biggest gripe with the house was the plumbing. I'd swear the builder contracted in Ray Charles to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Seems to be a problem there with too many landlords not paying their management fees.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/applewood-clamping-defended-27805551.html

jd wrote: »
    Seems to be a problem there with too many landlords not paying their management fees.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/applewood-clamping-defended-27805551.html

From what I hear people who were previously paying their service charges have stopped paying them because of the shoddy management. Why pay for someone to do a job that is not done right.

I know for a fact that some owners (and the number is increasing) there have told the committee that once they resign, and the complex has a proper management company in and good people on the committee, all of their management charges will be paid, including previous years. The management committee wont play ball though.

Dredd_J wrote: »
    From what I hear people who were previously paying their service charges have stopped paying them because of the shoddy management. Why pay for someone to do a job that is not done right.

I know for a fact that some owners (and the number is increasing) there have told the committee that once they resign, and the complex has a proper management company in and good people on the committee, all of their management charges will be paid, including previous years. The management committee wont play ball though.

If they are not happy with the directors they should replace them. It sounds like the usual hurlers on the ditch you get in most apartment complexes, including my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

My friend has two apartments in Applewood.
    Im going to quote him what he told about the management committee.

"The management company was fired, then another was got in and was fired when they wouldnt treat the home owners as sh!t, when requested by the committee. So the committee fired them and took over the management themselves. It is now run by 5 <Directors> who have absolutely no respect, and will not answer to the property owners now."

He also told me that they have AGMs purposely with short notice and that most people who turn up are talked down. Every time they come up for renewal, there arent enough people there to vote them down, and nobody else wants to be on the committee with the people on it already. If anyone else was to go on it, they would want a clean slate committee, because its like a gang on the board.

And members of the committee send letters to his tenants and personally call down to give them warnings etc, even though he has told them that they are not to be dealing directly with HIS tenants.

<Mod Snip>

Another issue is that some of the apartments have leaks from outside and the management company keep fobbing the owners off and will not fix them.

So what you have described doesnt surprise me one bit OP.
    I'll email him and try to get the email addresses of the committee, but as you have seen. They think they own the whole place themselves.

Edit.
    That was quick.
    Here you go - [Mod Snip]
    He says you cant get any better contact details than that email address, and mentioned <Mod Snip> again :)

I've edited your post can you please refrain from:
    • posting email addresses on a public forum;
    • calling directors of a company slanderous names;
    • alluding to corruption.

Folks a gentle reminder that Boards.ie is responsible for what you write here, please try to leave the libelous posts to your own blogs.

Thanks

The email address is a public email address of a company.

Fair enough that I repeated what I was told about theses guys and it probably cant be published here, but anyway, i hope people get an idea about these directors from whats left.

jd,
    As usual, easier said than done when it comes to replacing embedded people con committees i suppose.

OP,you should find out when there is an agm on, go to it and ask your questions there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

The email address is a public email address of a company.

Fair enough that I repeated what I was told about theses guys and it probably cant be published here, but anyway, i hope people get an idea about these directors from whats left.

You should know by now not to argue a mod instruction on thread.
    It's against the charter to post email addresses & phone numbers.

Back on topic - I presume when you say "property agent" you mean the estate agent selling the property you are interested in?

Is it an apartment you are interested in?

There may be a problem with funding repairs if people aren't paying their service charges

Take a look a some of the docs here
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Applewood-Village-Management-Company-Limited-328690

Yes ,,jd" I meant the estate agent selling the property.
    The problem was he couldnt answer for all my questions and I was trying to locate the Management COmpany and ring them by myself or even better to visit them(if possible) for a quick chat.... I just want to know what I am possibly buying and not be suprised when its sale is complete :/

I have really simple questions, how it works,what is included in price etc.

Thanks for all your suggestions , but I do not think we will find perfect Management Copmany ... its always ,,something" I guess :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Something to consider is that there are a number of different management companies in Applewood, as the various properties were built in phases. Bear in mind that the information above might not be relevant to the property in question. You should really push the estate agent on getting those details. It is absolutely standard to have this sort of information before a purchase.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement