Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ire Customer Service Dept

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I am trying to contact Samsung but all my online searches only show me links/emails directed to the UK. I'd prefer a physical address and write a formal letter rather than an emal or has that gone out of fashion ? Has anyone ever delt with Samsung in Ireland or through their UK dept? I wish to contact them in regards to a TV I bought recently that I am not happy with. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Dealt with them over the phone...the key is to keep phoning until you get someone based in the UK and not their Asian call centre. You will succeed eventually. I got a 4 year old tv replaced with little problem once I got through to someone who was actually based in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

athtrasna wrote: »
    Dealt with them over the phone...the key is to keep phoning until you get someone based in the UK and not their Asian call centre. You will succeed eventually. I got a 4 year old tv replaced with little problem once I got through to someone who was actually based in the UK.

Wow well done. My TV is only 2 months old to your 4 years. I appreciate your advice but I did want to write to them in the first instance. I'm useless on the phone and don't think I could adequately put my case across using that method.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Where did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I think I had an email but IIRC I emailed and got a copy and paste from a script type reply which is why I took it to the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If it's only 2 months old then you should be dealing with the retailer.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    Where did you buy it?

Argos

If it's only 2 months old then you should be dealing with the retailer.

Maybe it would be better if I described the nature of the problem. The unit is not faulty. I'm just not happy with the picture quality. I read countless very positive reviews online but it's performance to me does not match what I had read. On further investigation I found that the panel ( screen ) in my particular unit isn't a Samsung panel at all but made by a company called Optronics so it's no wonder the reviews I read online don't match my TV at all cause in essence it's a completely different telly albeit it with the same Samsung branding !

So you can see why I would want to deal directly with Samsung on this and not Argos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Return it to Argos stating you are not happy with the PQ and see what they say. They may let you return it, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I had issues with a Samsung laptop and put my complaint on their Facebook page. They arranged to contact me and resolve the issue. They sorted it out quite quickly.

madfcuker wrote: »
    I had issues with a Samsung laptop and put my complaint on their Facebook page. They arranged to contact me and resolve the issue. They sorted it out quite quickly.

That's an idea. Worth a try , thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement