Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it ok to be going back to secondary school at 19

• 29-07-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

hi i left school at 15 after the JC and wanting to join the army but after my mother nearly skinning me alive i was not aloud to lol..... so spend the next 3 years farming but all ways wanted to be a cop ....so my question is im 18 now 19 a few weeks after school starts is it ok to still be in 5th year at 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Nothing at all wrong with it, A guy came into leaving cert year for my year at age 26 so its fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Totally agree with Badwulf, I've seen any number of students going back to school as adults for various reasons, nothing in the world wrong with doing what you have to do to achieve your aims in life. Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

There's nothing stopping you. Everyone has their reason to go back to school to do their leaving cert. Don't feel judged. Countless of others do it every year including my aunt. She did her leaving when she was 25, went to UCD to do accountancy and now she works in London. No reason why you can't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

No problem at all. If you don't go back now you'll probably be still thinking in five years that you should have gone back.

Many people take a little longer to get to the same stages but ultimately you'll still find people the same age and far older in the same situation as you. I know a guy who's 19 going into LC now because he got expelled, took a year out and then went back. He might sound like a wreck but really he's in a decent situation and he's got hs act together to some degree. Go back now while you're still young!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Without a doubt there's no harm in going back to school. One of my closest friends now, went back to school at 20 years old and joined us in 5th year because her dream was to study Medicine. She's nearly 22 now and has just completed the Leaving Cert.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it:) Better to do it this year while you're still young.

• Advertisement
Advertisement