Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fetac offers cao 2014

• 30-07-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey, just said I'd start the 2014 thread for the fetac offers. So the offers to third level for fetac applicants are out on Thursday... What is everyone hoping to get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Really? I wasn't aware of this. Do you have links to any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ais942

PLL wrote: »
    Really? I wasn't aware of this. Do you have links to any info?

Not allowed post links as I am considered a 'new user' but if you go onto the CAO website and have a look around on it you'll find the offer dates and fetac students are under 'round zero'

• Registered Users Posts: 5 skerryderry

Im hoping to get an offer from Dit, medical physics or clinical measurents.

what did you apply for?

Im hoping to get an offer from Dit, medical physics or clinical measurents.

what did you apply for?

I put nursing down first in UL and social studies second in LIT. It's very hard to get nursing in this country.

ais942 wrote: »
    I put nursing down first in UL and social studies second in LIT. It's very hard to get nursing in this country.

Oh yes defo! Best of luck. you may never know maybe you are ONE of the few picked for a 3rd level Nursing.

How many distinctions do you have?

• Advertisement

Oh yes defo! Best of luck. you may never know maybe you are ONE of the few picked for a 3rd level Nursing.

How many distinctions do you have?

Nine out of nine. How did you get on

Nine out of nine. How did you get on

Thats really good. I got 7 D and 1 M.
    Do we expect the offers online by 6 do u knw ?

Thats really good. I got 7 D and 1 M.
    Do we expect the offers online by 6 do u knw ?

Well done!! Your offer could be there at 6am. Or it could be there at 10am. I would wait until 10am. Wouldn't want to panic at 6am and wonder if you'll get an offer at all.

I applied for a course in an LIT and also applied for a course UL. Could I get an offer from any of these 2 tomorrow? Or do I have to wait until the leaving cert results are out to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

I'm hoping to get Social care in Blanch as my 1st choice but I would be happy if i get offered anything on my list. Bit nervy for tomorrow. Anyone else a bit nervous?

• Advertisement

I'm hoping to get Social care in Blanch as my 1st choice but I would be happy if i get offered anything on my list. Bit nervy for tomorrow. Anyone else a bit nervous?

Is it only the colleges that use the HEI system offering places tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Does anyone know if you accept an offer from the FETAC route, can you still accept an offer from the CAO with your Leaving Certificate in August?
    I have Science in Trinity as number 5 on my CAO but it's the first course with FETAC on my CAO. Does this mean if I accept that course (should I get offered it) I'll still get an offer in August for my courses above that with the rest of the Leaving Certs?

Does anyone know if you accept an offer from the FETAC route, can you still accept an offer from the CAO with your Leaving Certificate in August?
    I have Science in Trinity as number 5 on my CAO but it's the first course with FETAC on my CAO. Does this mean if I accept that course (should I get offered it) I'll still get an offer in August for my courses above that with the rest of the Leaving Certs?

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. If you get offered a place on your 2nd/3rd choice and accept it you can still get offered your first choice when the results come out in august. If you get offered something tomorrow that not your first choice you may still get offered it again in the second round of offers.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. If you get offered a place on your 2nd/3rd choice and accept it you can still get offered your first choice when the results come out in august. If you get offered something tomorrow that not your first choice you may still get offered it again in the second round of offers.

Thank you very much!

I taught you can only apply to the cao using one of those methods?

I taught you can only apply to the cao using one of those methods?

When I filled out my CAO earlier this year I put in my CAO number as well as my PPS number for the FETAC course I completed this year. You could enter both into the CAO.

When I filled out my CAO earlier this year I put in my CAO number as well as my PPS number for the FETAC course I completed this year. You could enter both into the CAO.

Oh.. I should have done that :-/

Yeah I put both in myself :) anyone nervous yet? lol. I don't know why I'm so nervous because I will prob have to wait until the 18th of August.

Yeah I put both in myself :) anyone nervous yet? lol. I don't know why I'm so nervous because I will prob have to wait until the 18th of August.

Same!! Lol I'm so nervous.. I just want to know already. So you won't be getting up to check early in the morning will you?

Same!! Lol I'm so nervous.. I just want to know already. So you won't be getting up to check early in the morning will you?

Oh I wil be getting up to check but I just have a funny feeling i'll have to wait. whats your first choice?

• Advertisement

Oh I wil be getting up to check but I just have a funny feeling i'll have to wait. whats your first choice?

Yeah I prob will too. Nursing. But getting a place is so hard and I only put down one college for it because I can't go to any other college due to circumstances. I put social care second. Wbu?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

Hey, I have been waiting for this thread to appear!! Hoping for Business in UL but have a stong feeling I'll be waiting 'till the 18th of August for any offers.

CheyK wrote: »
    Hey, I have been waiting for this thread to appear!! Hoping for Business in UL but have a stong feeling I'll be waiting 'till the 18th of August for any offers.

Glad to hear. I'm the same. I dunno whether we get the offers tomorrow or not. I'm confused. Apparently, colleges associated with HEI system which includes UL and LIT send their offers on round zero because they have only a certain amount of places for us fetac students. Now I can see UL sending out their offers tomorrow because I have seen the numbers they have for fetac students In my chosen course for there, but in LIT I don't know how many they take but I know they take a lot.

Wish it was clearly stated on a fetac site saying which colleges are sending their offers to fetac students on round zero and what ones send their offers on round 1. It would put all our minds at ease :)

I'm completely the same. I'm pretty sure I read on the UL website somewhere that they were sending out offers to FETAC students on the 31st of July but I could be completely wrong. I think the FETAC system changed this year with the marking scheme and everything and now I honestly have no idea what colleges offer places in Round 0 and what colleges offer places in Round 1.

I completely agree. I really wish there was more information available so we could all stop stressing about it!

Yeah I prob will too. Nursing. But getting a place is so hard and I only put down one college for it because I can't go to any other college due to circumstances. I put social care second. Wbu?

Well fingers crossed you get offered Nursing :) even if you do have to wait until the 18th it will be worth it :) My first choice is social care. But if I'm honest I would be happy if I get offered anything. All my choices are mixes between childcare and social care. 6 can't come quick enough LOL!

Im also very nervous. i really hope we all get what we want. I wont be waking up til 9 incase my offer comes in late. But im sure my mind will b fully awake tonyt and i wont be able to sleep due to being nervous and slightly excited

Im also very nervous. i really hope we all get what we want. I wont be waking up til 9 incase my offer comes in late. But im sure my mind will b fully awake tonyt and i wont be able to sleep due to being nervous and slightly excited

I'm up for work at half 6 so i may aswell check while I'm awake haha I prob wont sleep tonight thinking about it haha

I was reading last years thread and people didn't start getting their offers till quarter past nine then :O. I don't think I'll be able to wait that long

I was reading last years thread and people didn't start getting their offers till quarter past nine then :O. I don't think I'll be able to wait that long

I know, I was thinking the same and I start work at nine so it will be killing me all day thinking about it haha

• Advertisement

I know, I was thinking the same and I start work at nine so it will be killing me all day thinking about it haha

I'm in at nine too, so if the offers don't come out early tomorrow, I'll have to wait the entire day to find out if I got an offer or not!! I don't know if I can handle that.

I'm in at nine too, so if the offers don't come out early tomorrow, I'll have to wait the entire day to find out if I got an offer or not!! I don't know if I can handle that.

yeah the wait all day will kill me! I really hope they come out on time :) Whats your first choice?

yeah the wait all day will kill me! I really hope they come out on time :) Whats your first choice?

Business in UL :) Whats yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Hey guys, just wondering if somebody might have an answer to my question. I've applied for social science as my first level 8 choice in UCC and my first level 7 choice is social care in CIT. Now, because UCC operate under the HELS scheme, I will HOPEFULLY get offered social science tomorrow. At the moment I am leaning towards social care in CIT bit i am not certain if i want to accept that over social science yet. So, lets say I get offered social science tomorrow, if I accept it, does that mean that I wont be offered social care at the middle of august? Thanks.

Sarahke wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering if somebody might have an answer to my question. I've applied for social science as my first level 8 choice in UCC and my first level 7 choice is social care in CIT. Now, because UCC operate under the HELS scheme, I will HOPEFULLY get offered social science tomorrow. At the moment I am leaning towards social care in CIT bit i am not certain if i want to accept that over social science yet. So, lets say I get offered social science tomorrow, if I accept it, does that mean that I wont be offered social care at the middle of august? Thanks.

If social care in CIT is your top choice for level 7 and you have the points/ get offered a spot though FETAC, you CAN get an offer in Round 1 and accept it even if you have already accepted your offer from UCC. I don't know if CIT is under the HEI scheme, but if so it's possible to get an offer from a level 7 course, and a level 8 course on the same day as far as I know :)

The Level 8 course and the Level 7 are in different columns so regardless of what qualification you are using to try and get on to the course, these are not competing against one another so you could get offered both.

Courses that state there are a certain number of places for those presenting a FETAC award are the ones that will be reveled tomorrow. This is universities maknly with some courses in IT's following this method and I think all nursing courses as they are so competitive. Any course in an IT that doesn't have places set aside for FETAC students still allows FETAC students, it is just in that case you are competiting against leaving cert students with ypur points been calculated from your best 8 modules with a max score of 400 being possible for 8 out of 8 distinctions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

Thanks a million for yer answers :) lets hope that I'll actually get an offer now tomorrow :P what are ye hoping to get?

Thanks a million for yer answers :) lets hope that I'll actually get an offer now tomorrow :P what are ye hoping to get?

Hoping for Business in UL but I can't see it happening

Business in UL :) Whats yours?

Mine is social care in Blanch. But i'll be happy if i get anything on my choices because its all mixed between social care and childcare :)

Well fingers crossed you get offered Nursing :) even if you do have to wait until the 18th it will be worth it :) My first choice is social care. But if I'm honest I would be happy if I get offered anything. All my choices are mixes between childcare and social care. 6 can't come quick enough LOL!

Thanks! Best of luck to you too! I have social care second

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Hoping for arts in NUIM, UCD is second, 8 distinctions 1 merit, I think I have a pretty good chance

• Advertisement

Mine is social care in Blanch. But i'll be happy if i get anything on my choices because its all mixed between social care and childcare :)

Best of luck with it!! The nerves have really hit me now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Toto95

Does anyone know anything about GMIT, I plan on studying business. Do GMIT get offers tomor does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

5 hours to go :p

Toto95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about GMIT, I plan on studying business. Do GMIT get offers tomor does anyone know?

Pretty sure it's just universities and DIT today, other ITs offer places to fetac students at the same time as leaving cert students, as far as I know

It's like Christmas! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Have applied to a few courses I'm interested in between DCU and DIT. The one I really want though is in DCU.

Hope to get offered something tomorrow, been a long wait!

Toto95 wrote: »

You will find out same day as the leaving certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Be prepared for the cao site to crash at about 6:02 :p did last year and took ages to log on then :p

Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shano1996

Yesss :) I got my first level 7 choice and my sixth level 8 :) im delighted and gonna take my level 7 choice. I got 5 distictions, 3 merits and 1 pass which was bare minimum to get my course! Good luck to all :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement