Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fetac offers cao 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 katiiedaiily94

hey have people got any offers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

Got offered Business in UL!! :D I'm so unbelievably happy right now

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Yes! Got my first choice, Arts in Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Oh my god i am after getting nursing :o:D !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 katiiedaiily94

;( didnt receive an offer...this sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 aj9706

Anyone get an offer from UCC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tara_Dev

Anyone recieve an offer from DIT yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Toto95

Tara_Dev wrote: »

Anyone get an offer from gmit?

• Advertisement

Toto95 wrote: »
    Anyone get an offer from gmit?

I don't think GMIT's offers are out until same time as the leaving certs! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Toto95

I don't think GMIT's offers are out until same time as the leaving certs! :)

Oh is it? Did you want gmit too? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 skerryderry

Im just after checking my offer now. Got my first choice in DIT. im buzzzzin.

How did everyone do?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FirePoi

Anyone get an offer from WIT? Myself an my girlfriend having and we both thought we would have enough for our courses. Is it possible that offers are late and could come available later in the day? Do offers from wit come in this round? Is it possible my course is t offered in this round? Unbelievably nervous....

I got dkit , there offers arent out till the 18th with lc apart from nursing :)

Toto95 wrote: »
    Oh is it? Did you want gmit too? Thank you

No I wanted DIT but it isn't looking so good. Got an offer for Social Science in UCD tho :)

• Advertisement

FirePoi wrote: »
    Anyone get an offer from WIT? Myself an my girlfriend having and we both thought we would have enough for our courses. Is it possible that offers are late and could come available later in the day? Do offers from wit come in this round? Is it possible my course is t offered in this round? Unbelievably nervous....

What courses did you's apply for? Most of wit courses wont be offered till same time as leaving certs

Sinny2 wrote: »
    What courses did you's apply for? Most of wit courses wont be offered till same time as leaving certs

The Level 8 & Level 6 Hospitality Management courses. Is there anyway to find out if they were offered today?

Anyone get anything from UCC? I'm guessing they're out if UCD has theirs sent out :/ oh god.

The Level 8 & Level 6 Hospitality Management courses. Is there anyway to find out if they were offered today?

You could always ring CAO or the college itself come nine o' clock and see what the story is

i am almost sure they wont be offered till 18 th of august so dont worry :) only way to find out for suret is ring wit

• Advertisement

Im just after checking my offer now. Got my first choice in DIT. im buzzzzin.

How did everyone do?

Well done, I'm very jealous! Social Care in DIT is my first choice. No luck tho :(

i am almost sure they wont be offered till 18 th of august so dont worry :) only way to find out for suret is ring wit

I think I will give them a ring but what makes you think they're not offered til then, just wanna put my mind to ease lol

I think I will give them a ring but what makes you think they're not offered til then, just wanna put my mind to ease lol

Wit operates under the pilot scheme where your fetac award is converted to lc points and therefore you have to compete against leaving certs for places (all apart from nursing) :) i have social care level 7 as my first level 7/6 choice in wit but didnt get offered it yet :) and have more than enough to secure a place

Oh and last year i got offered pyschology in wit and that wasnt until same time as leaving certs too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanMcG95

So guys, am I correct in saying that if you've applied for an art course (specifically LIT & GMIT), the offers aren't out yet since you're competing with the leaving cert students when your portfolio score is added to your FETAC or LC points?

SeanMcG95 wrote: »
    So guys, am I correct in saying that if you've applied for an art course (specifically LIT & GMIT), the offers aren't out yet since you're competing with the leaving cert students when your portfolio score is added to your FETAC or LC points?
    I'm pretty certain that that's correct

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sarahke

I got social science in UCC
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Just accepted Science in Trinity. :)

Sarahke wrote: »
    I got social science in UCC
    :D

Did that offer come at 6am?

I'm not sure. Got a text from the Cao at 9am to say I had an offer and I checked then.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. Got a text from the Cao at 9am to say I had an offer and I checked then.

Okay! Thanks and congrats!

aj9706 wrote: »
    Okay! Thanks and congrats!

thanks :) don't worry if you didn't get an offer, you could still get one in round 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ais942

CheyK wrote: »
    Got offered Business in UL!! :D I'm so unbelievably happy right now

Your so lucky!!!! Well done

thanks :) don't worry if you didn't get an offer, you could still get one in round 1!

Thanks. I read somewhere when put into round 1 the grades are turned into LC points but the maximum is 400 with 8 distinctions. Last year the course I wanted was 420 (round 2)... Which really sucks! I emailed the admissions just to be sure.

Got no offers..... Could any offers come throughout the day?

Oh my god i am after getting nursing :o:D !!!!!!

Your so lucky! Where?

ais942 wrote: »
    Your so lucky! Where?

Dundalk i.t :) i tried last year as well but had no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Username1_

Hey if I applied threw fetac & mature student route am I ruled out of the next round? ( Lit, Wit)

Username1_ wrote: »
    Hey if I applied threw fetac & mature student route am I ruled out of the next round? ( Lit, Wit)
    what courses did you apply for ?

• Advertisement

Dundalk i.t :) i tried last year as well but had no luck
    What time did your offer come? Were you notified by text?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Username1_

what courses did you apply for ?

A few different courses mainly sport courses & business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Any offers from GMIT/NUIG? I just read on the CAO website that courses with a quota for FETAC students MAY offer places today. So they might offer them in August too. Holding out for hope here!

PLL wrote: »
    Any offers from GMIT/NUIG? I just read on the CAO website that courses with a quota for FETAC students MAY offer places today. So they might offer them in August too. Holding out for hope here!

Same lol!

Anyone doing arts in Maynooth? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 masterwayne

PLL wrote: »

Got an offer at NUIG so happy as it was the only university i had on my cao.

• Advertisement

ais942 wrote: »
    Your so lucky!!!! Well done

Thank you! How'd you get on? :)

got an offer at NUIG, the only university i put down on my CAO, athlone was my first choice didnt think id be able to get in to NUIG.

Im so undecided as to whether to accept NUIG or wait for the other offers, but i have to accept before the 7th, im so undecided and confuse because round one offers are not out for ages.

You can accept your Round Zero offer and still receive an offer in Round 1 as long as it's higher up on your CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Was offered Law and International Language in DCU! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

Whooo got my first offer :) Level 8 Social Care in Blanch :D so happy right now. Well done to everyone :)

Whooo got my first offer :) Level 8 Social Care in Blanch :D so happy right now. Well done to everyone :)

Well done! Congrats :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement