Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fetac offers cao 2014

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fitz95

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Yeah you can still get offered anything higher up on your list if uou meet the requirements :)

Ah phew! that's good :) Thank you for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

fitz95 wrote: »
    Ah phew! that's good :) Thank you for replying

No probs :) best of luck to everyone waiting on monday to come! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Toto95

Anyone expecting offers tomor?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Houset

Toto95 wrote: »
    Anyone expecting offers tomor?

Yes I am waiting for nursing offers, doubt I will get anything now . I applied through FETAC and Mature. Unfortunately I didnt score high enough for mature entry :(

Houset wrote: »
    Yes I am waiting for nursing offers, doubt I will get anything now . I applied through FETAC and Mature. Unfortunately I didnt score high enough for mature entry :(

Where did you apply to? I got psych nursing in dkit through fetac, ive heard some people has turned down dar offers and also applicants to nursing has dropped slightly this yr so fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement

Where did you apply to? I got psych nursing in dkit through fetac, ive heard some people has turned down dar offers and also applicants to nursing has dropped slightly this yr so fingers crossed :)

I'm hoping for business studies in gmit, dunno whether to be nervous or not:(

Hi, I applied to Dkit all types of nursing and DCU general. I am really hoping for DKIT.

Congratulations!!! You are so lucky to have gotten in Psych nursing. If you dont mind me asking did you get 8 or 9 distinctions. I got 8 distinctions and 1 merit. I'm asking because one of the girls in my class got 9 distinctions and I thought maybe this is why she got a place. This whole waiting process has me driven mad, I get my hopes up and then nothing :( I really hope there are places still going, fingers crossed :)

Hi, I applied to Dkit all types of nursing and DCU general. I am really hoping for DKIT.

Congratulations!!! You are so lucky to have gotten in Psych nursing. If you dont mind me asking did you get 8 or 9 distinctions. I got 8 distinctions and 1 merit. I'm asking because one of the girls in my class got 9 distinctions and I thought maybe this is why she got a place. This whole waiting process has me driven mad, I get my hopes up and then nothing :( I really hope there are places still going, fingers crossed :)

I got 9 out of 9, but they only count 8 anyway and anyone who got 8 or more are in for the places. What did you get the merit in? I know you need distinctions in certain modules to be considered. Yeah its so hard to get i was delighted! I tried last year as well but had no luck and i now how devastating it is but defo keep your fingers crossed for tomoro :)

I got 9 out of 9, but they only count 8 anyway and anyone who got 8 or more are in for the places. What did you get the merit in? I know you need distinctions in certain modules to be considered. Yeah its so hard to get i was delighted! I tried last year as well but had no luck and i now how devastating it is but defo keep your fingers crossed for tomoro :)

Hiya, I got a merit in Maths, it wasn't a mandatory module, thanks so much I wud be over the moon if I got a place 😄

Hiya, I got a merit in Maths, it wasn't a mandatory module, thanks so much I wud be over the moon if I got a place 😄
    defo in with a shot then its just the random selection thing for nursing that you havent got an offer already :) best of luck anyway, i'll be up checking to see if i get a higher offer nd if so my place could be up in the next round as well so dont give up hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 niamhy94

i got offered DIT for leisure management in the round zero :) but refused it and waiting till tmoro , is anyone hoping to get sports coaching performance in letterkenny it r some kind of sports course r any in lyit . But any of ye do sports course the level 8 of sports coaching and performance and i did fetac in sports and recreation in sligo and finished in april and got 9 distinctions and 3 merits

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

many people waiting for results in the morning?

yes GingerNut93 , where u hoping to get

6 more hours guys!!!
    Anyone waiting for gmit offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkspark10

Nursing is impossible to get in this country. I got all Distinctions and no offer thank god I applied to the UK. I got offered 3 places there and 1 offer in Scotland. I'm going to take London. Done with depending on this place...

hey, did anyone get sports coaching and performance in lyit :):)

Nursing is impossible to get in this country. I got all Distinctions and no offer thank god I applied to the UK. I got offered 3 places there and 1 offer in Scotland. I'm going to take London. Done with depending on this place...

Couldnt agree wit u more!! I'm sick now I just didn't apply to England!! It wud av been so much easier, anyone who applied to England in my college got in! I got the 8 distinctions and nothing :( Best of luck in the UK, I hope all goes well for u :)

defo in with a shot then its just the random selection thing for nursing that you havent got an offer already :) best of luck anyway, i'll be up checking to see if i get a higher offer nd if so my place could be up in the next round as well so dont give up hope :)

Hi Sinny, no offers yet but I'm quite close to getting disability nursing thru my mature route, a few ppl av da same score as me in dkit so it's like a lottery :( did u go any higher up urself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkspark10

You should apply to UK in September for the February intake..it's not too late..at least you will qualify in 3 years time as well...I know it is very disheartening I got 10 Distinctions it does'nt matter what you get..but def apply to UK your wasting your time here..

• Advertisement

You should apply to UK in September for the February intake..it's not too late..at least you will qualify in 3 years time as well...I know it is very disheartening I got 10 Distinctions it does'nt matter what you get..but def apply to UK your wasting your time here..

I heard someone else say that to me I mite start looking it up now! I sure am wasting my time ere! I wud luv to eh qualified in 3 years :)

Hi Sinny, no offers yet but I'm quite close to getting disability nursing thru my mature route, a few ppl av da same score as me in dkit so it's like a lottery :( did u go any higher up urself ?

There could be a good chance then.. Alot of people get disability as a last choice so a few could turn down the place .. No im going ahead with psych.. Hearing how hard it is for everyone to get in is so disheartenin but i no how lucky i am.. Trying to sort accomodation in dundalk is a nightmare! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Well lads, Did a PLC LVL 5 and I applied through CAO can I defer my course till next year and do a lvl 6 PLC and then go into College in September 2015.

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Well lads, Did a PLC LVL 5 and I applied through CAO can I defer my course till next year and do a lvl 6 PLC and then go into College in September 2015.

heya, ring cao and they will tell you or they could have down on your cao choices to defer your course

I got in contact the admin office in the college and asked for a deferral and they told me yeah no bother. But now I am wondering what happens when the college sees I did a lvl 6 plc when I register again as a deferral student to CAO next year. Will I lose my offer or not. But they all ready agreed to a deferral.

i say you wont loose your offer , and they have agreed what you hoping to do

niamhy94 wrote: »
    i say you wont loose your offer , and they have agreed what you hoping to do

Software development how about yourself

Software development how about yourself

got offered sports and recreation in letterkenny it, where is yours

got offered sports and recreation in letterkenny it, where is yours

Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭HonestCry

Hi guys, i would like your help.
    I am thinking about doing a PLC as i failed my Leaving Cert, i would like to work my way into Social Care.
    But i would like to know the work that has to be done in a PLC like is it hard/time consuming for projects etc?
    I'm 19 and wouldn't mind repeating but my parents doubt that it'l work out for me even though i didn't do a tap of work so that's why i failed!
    Every spec of detail from you guys will be appreciated as you all have been through it, i need your insight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

HonestCry wrote: »
    I am thinking about doing a PLC as i failed my Leaving Cert, i would like to work my way into Social Care.
    But i would like to know the work that has to be done in a PLC like is it hard/time consuming for projects etc?
    I'm 19 and wouldn't mind repeating but my parents doubt that it'l work out for me even though i didn't do a tap of work so that's why i failed!
    Every spec of detail from you guys will be appreciated as you all have been through it, i need your insight.

You'll be kept busy with assignments in a PLC.
    If you don't do a tap, you will not pass.
    The thing with PLCs is that you have to be consistent, you can't doss all year and suddenly put in a spurt at the end of exams.

Only you know if you're going to bother to work next year, either repeating or in a PLC.

I didnt find the plc as hard as such nd i got 9 distinctions.. But you will be extremely busy with assignments, i done 9 modules and 8 of the modules had 2 assignments each and 1 module had 5 mini assignments and one large overall one.. Its not a doss contrary to what some people believe, in general mist modules had a written exam apart from one nd the exams were usually worth 40% and each assignment worth 30%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I did 10 modules and got 10 distinctions. From day one you have assignments and different class work you have to complete, which can be quite time consuming. The most important part is consistency and getting on top of things as soon as you get them. So many of my classmates would wait until 2 days before a deadline to start an assignment, and would be so stressed out because of the lack of time to research and write 3,000 words.

As soon as I got an assignment, I would start researching and do a run through of an assignment and would get the lecturer to look over it to see what areas I could improve on. This was invaluable to me as I did end up getting distinctions and I felt because I was more organised that's why it worked out the way it did. Hope this helps :)

if you want any more information , u can call me , message me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fitz95

I'd like some advice if possible. I got offered both social and community development and early childhood care and education in Blanchardstown IT but I'm not sure which one is the best to take. I really wanted social care but had no luck getting into that. Has anyone done/is doing either of these courses and what are they like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

fitz95 wrote: »
    I'd like some advice if possible. I got offered both social and community development and early childhood care and education in Blanchardstown IT but I'm not sure which one is the best to take. I really wanted social care but had no luck getting into that. Has anyone done/is doing either of these courses and what are they like? :)

I have done level 6 childcare in FETAC and enjoyed it! its hard work but the work experience is very rewarding! You think to yourself childcare wouldn't invovle too much work and be very hands on but to be honest it's alot of assignments and knowledge needed when it comes to the likes of child development and social and legal studies.

I can't say much about social and community development as I'm not sure how it is. I got offered the social care in blanch for this year as I had to go the long route after my leaving cert. Always wanted to do social care but i unfortunately couldn't even get a plc in social care because of the one higher level subject! If you have your heart set on social care maybe look at the modules in both social and community dev and child and compare them to the modules in the social care and see which one you think would be most like it. If you do end up accepting childcare you can msg me for questions and I'll try my best to help. :) what are you leaning towards more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jason1892

hey, did anyone get sports coaching and performance in lyit :):)

Mee! What sport are u choosing? :)

Jason1892 wrote: »
    Mee! What sport are u choosing? :)

hey i messaged u there in your inbox and we can chat there :)

Advertisement