Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pest control due to boarded housing renovation.

Options
  • 30-07-2014 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Within reaching distance of my house there are three empty properties, two of which are now being renovated by dcc. Since works commenced we are catching mice at a rate of two per night with evidence of a lot more activity and an hour ago i spied one in my cooker. We also have a substantial increase in ants (for the smartasses thats use of four cans of poison against one last year)-
    Can
    / do dcc initiate pest control as part of a refurb? Im not griping over the price of a mousetrap but leaving premises abandoned for significant lengths of time is inviting infestation, something the private householder has to deal with. Now im confident if the shoe was on the other foot a warden would have been at my door long before now..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Contact DCC & explain that you may have an environmental health issue as a result of their work on adjacent properties. It is possible that they may be able to help with the mouse & ant issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Or Borrow a Cat for a few Days, I did this when something similar happened where I live, renovations only lasted a couple of weeks in my case though.

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Get some anticoagulant bait for the mice and put it down.

They wont be around for very long anyway,they prefer to live somewhere quiet and the renovations are upsetting them.

Advertisement