Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you swap your bike ?

• 30-07-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering do people here ever swap their motorbike with friends for a few days ? Reason I ask is I noticed my new insurance policy allows me to ride other peoples bikes and be insured on them. I'm wondering is there ever an appetite in the biking community to swap bikes for a day or a weekend so you get to try out something new. Or are people's bikes so personal to them there's no way they'd let someone else ride it, even if it meant they got a spin on a bike they really wanted to try out.

For me I ride a cruiser which suits me for the type of riding I like, which in these summer months is 50% pleasure riding. I don't think I'd ever want to own a sports bike but I'd love the opportunity to ride one for a day, or a weekend, just to give it a try out. There's a few other bikes I'd love to try out too but I'm never gonna show up at a garage pretending to be an interested punter just to get a test drive. So if there's any sports bike owners out there who'd like to give a cruiser a ride out for the day or a weekend and have insurance docs to prove cover then by all means give me a shout. There probably isn't but it's worth a try :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Sorry mate I'd rather ride...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

In theory its a great idea but in practice id never let anyone ride my bike. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I would and have done so but only with riders I have been out on the road with and trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I also have swapped bikes but only with a very select few......usually its easier to swap if the other bike is worth more!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I have swapped a few times on my old bike and only yesterday gave a mate a shot on my new bike.

I wouldnt be letting a stranger have a shot though.
    No insurance payout will compensate for all the extras and hours spent on a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

often insured third party only if availing of the 'riding other bikes' clause

just be be aware..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

There are only a few people id trust on my bike.

I think two others have ridden it since I got it. I've been on both of their bikes too.

Offhand can think of two more id allow on if they asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

yes

I think part of the deal would be your own bike actually working :P:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I would and have done so but only with riders I have been out on the road with and trust.

This. I know a few people I'd trust, but know a few people well that I wouldn't let anywhere near it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement