Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squat Webinar on Wednesday

• 30-07-2014 8:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

A couple of weeks ago I got given out to pretty badly by a coach of mine - "stop saying 'buy my sh*t' and start giving back more". I kinda took it to heart. Because this has always been about coaching and changing peoples lives for me. The money was just a nice side benefit.

So I recalibrated my feng shui and started a new approach - doing awesome things on stuff I know really well to help people out.

I got back blogging as a start. But even better I got stuck into doing some webinars again.

I've a squat one coming up on Wednesday week - 60+ minutes of free content on how to improve your squat. I've a couple of handful of people who post here that I've trained who'll attest to the improvements as a result of this sorta stuff.

Here's what'll be covered;
    >> mobility hacks to improve your squat
    >> why if you want to squat more (weight), you need to squat more (often)
    >> where to put your bar to get bigger PRs
    >> a ton of other stuff
    >> open Q&A

You can sign up to that here: https://revolutionfitness.leadpages.net/squatwebinar/

PS - here's the deadlift one I did last week, I didn't think to put information up here about it beforehand, sorry!

PPS - with COMPLETE disclosure, there'll be a 30 second pitch at the end of it for a workshop I'm running in August, so if that bothers you - don't sign up, or just bail early.

PPPS - if you sign up, you get added to my mailing list and get emails every day off me - if you don't like that, just unsubscribe.

4PS - leave your negativity at the door, if you're not helping people daily on this stuff, don't try to drag down those of us who are

Comments

Thanks Hanley. Just watched your deadlift video—very well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,616 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Signed up for thus easier, then realised its on at 4/5am for me. Nice concept though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

gvn wrote: »
    Thanks Hanley. Just watched your deadlift video—very well done.

Second that - found it on my rarely-used Twitter account and thought it was class.

Kudos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mellor wrote: »
    Signed up for thus easier, then realised its on at 4/5am for me. Nice concept though.

I record them all and email them to the sign ups anyway, so you'll get that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

Hi Hanley,
    this workshop in August, have you any details you could PM me. I would be very interested in attending. I won't be able to sign up for the webinar. Plan to watch the one posted tonight though. again kudos!!

• Advertisement

guile4582 wrote: »
    Hi Hanley,
    this workshop in August, have you any details you could PM me. I would be very interested in attending. I won't be able to sign up for the webinar. Plan to watch the one posted tonight though. again kudos!!

You can sign up for it.. you just can't watch it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Deadlift one was great, really was - very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Just watched the deadlift one, really easy to understand and all made perfect sense, good stuff dude, looking forward to the squat webinar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

dylbert wrote: »
    Just watched the deadlift one, really easy to understand and all made perfect sense, good stuff dude, looking forward to the squat webinar.

Much as it hurts me to swell his already considerable ego :D

This is Hanley's strength... lotsa people can deadlift, lotsa people can deadlift really well and really technically correct... but it's not easy to teach someone else to do it... I had a 10-min crash-course with H a few months back and it was just so simple. Few pointers, couple of 'thoughts' to keep in mind that help you set up, a trigger to get the lift started and bingo bango, I was doing something resembling a deadlift - as opposed to doing something that looked like a breakdance of sorts beforehand...

He's alright, the lad...

** HOW TO SMASH YOUR SQUAT - 15 MINUTE WARNING **

I had to reschedule, but it starts tonight at 8.30pm.

My live "how to smash your squat" webinar starts in 15 minutes. Join the other 48 attendees now and watch this free hour long training seminar where I reveal pretty much all my squat secrets!

Register here now; https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3265311300543457281

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Can't watch this at work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Missed this - are you going to make it public?

Yah I've uploaded it a couple of times and youtube has eaten it. Working on a fix tomorrow :)

Hanley wrote: »
    Yah I've uploaded it a couple of times and youtube has eaten it. Working on a fix tomorrow :)

Gentleman! Wasn't out of work in time.

NecroBump...

Got a program design Webinar on tuesday y'all may be interested in.

The spiel...
    -
    -
    -

Discover a proven method for quickly and easily designing mind blowing strength training programs which will increase your squat, bench press and deadlift by up to 30% in 7 weeks training just 4x per week for 60 to 90 minutes a time.

On the webinar I'l be showing you exactly how to build your own training program.

I'll show you how to identify weak muscle groups which cause you to get crushed under heavy weights.

And I'll show you show what assistance exercises to choose so you can steamroll thru those plateaus.

It's on next Tuesday @ 730pm.

Register here now: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/666c8fab59

(Replay only available to those who register in advance)

NecroBump...

Got a program design Webinar on tuesday y'all may be interested in.

The spiel...
    -
    -
    -

Discover a proven method for quickly and easily designing mind blowing strength training programs which will increase your squat, bench press and deadlift by up to 30% in 7 weeks training just 4x per week for 60 to 90 minutes a time.

On the webinar I'l be showing you exactly how to build your own training program.

I'll show you how to identify weak muscle groups which cause you to get crushed under heavy weights.

And I'll show you show what assistance exercises to choose so you can steamroll thru those plateaus.

It's on next Tuesday @ 730pm.

Register here now: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/666c8fab59

(Replay only available to those who register in advance)

Hanley did the squat webinar ever make it up on to youtube.
    I feel its still my weakest lift

Can't remember. If you didn't register at the time and didn't get a replay link, probably not.

Can't remember. If you didn't register at the time and didn't get a replay link, probably not.

I registered at the time, but didn't manage to watch it live.
    No worries. I'll be tuning in for this one

• Advertisement

I registered at the time, but didn't manage to watch it live.
    No worries. I'll be tuning in for this one

The following weeks will be updated squat / bench / deadlift ones anway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

... what the hell's a "necrobump"??

WHIP IT! wrote: »

It's like munting.

WHIP IT! wrote: »

Thread CPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks for this Hanley - just watched back the video replay. Got lots of great info from this, especially in terms of assistance stuff, so much appreciated!

Enjoyed it as well. Video and audio died on the phone last night even though I could see comments coming up in the chat box so watched it this morning.

And my question was read out :)

Double-paused squats sounds like all kinds of unpleasant.

Enjoyed it as well. Video and audio died on the phone last night even though I could see comments coming up in the chat box so watched it this morning.

Ah here, I'll have to relisten to the questions and see if I can guess which one it was.

"Alf has asked what's the best angle to take a selfie from to catch his best side for maximum instagram gainz" :D:D

Ah here, I'll have to relisten to the questions and see if I can guess which one it was.

"Alf has asked what's the best angle to take a selfie from to catch his best side for maximum instagram gainz" :D:D

It was the best one ;)

Can you ask Qs while on the phone?

• Advertisement

Can you ask Qs while on the phone?

I think I could have. I was able to accidentally request to speak anyway and I think I could have typed a comment in the chatbox.

But I sent in the question when I signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

good stuff!

Since this was originally about a squat webinar... there's another one on Tuesday.

Live training classes are a labour of love for me.

By the time I record the videos (I shot 15 or 20 for this next one) and put together the slides, and double check I've covered everything I want to talk about, it takes at least 10 hours of work to get ready for every webinar you see. Probably more.

This weeks How To Squat Like A Powerlifter one is no different.

Register here: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/6dc837c00d

I've put it together so that by the end of the live 60 minute online training class you'll have no option but to squat properly and lift more weight. Even if your mobility is cack.

If you've ever struggled with barbell squats in the gym, this webinar will literally be a non-cliched game changer for you. You'll even understand what "butt wink" is, and why most often it's a technical fail, and not a mobility issue.

Most of the squat training articles I read or see are very much "you're a nail, because all I have is a hammer" in the way they approach the info. They're written by guys who live on youtube regurgitating info they found elsewhere, or just write blogs. They don't even train anyone!

There's no individual prescriptions or recommendations because the authors aren't experienced enough in the real world to account for things like;

- how to identify and your individual mobility restrictionss, how that will effect the lift and the correct warm ups to use to fix the problem in less than 3 weeks

- how hip socket construction will change the kind of squat that is right for you

- why "mobility" work is the second thing you should be doing after you learn how to breathe properly

- the best way to activate your core preworkout

- how to instantly warm up your hips so every squat feels like a hot knife sliding thru butter

- why warming up your UPPER BODY is crucial if you want to squat the heaviest weights possible and avoid elbow pain

- learning the squat from the floor up, how foot position and activation effects everything from your knee position, to your hips, to glute recruitment

- the difference between high bar and low bar squats, and how that changes the way the squat "looks"

- when "ass to grass" IS ass to grass, even if your ass is way off the floor (this is really important for guys with short femurs)

- the importance of understanding why you should NOT goes hips first, or knees first when squatting

- what to do when your hips shoot up first out of the hole, and the right corrective exercises to stop it from happening

- how to stop your core folding (aka back rounding) and why your knees collapse in at the bottom of a squat (it's not ALWAYS bad, but most of the time it is)

- a comprehensive way to asses what your weak link is in the squat, and how to pick the correct assistance movements to fix it

And that's just a small snapshot of what can go wrong. If you think squats are just a lift where you put the bar on your back and sit up and down again with them, you couldn't be more wrong.

Once you understand the process and how to perform the lift properly, that is all they are, buuuuuut I'm guessing if you're reading this email you're probably not there yet.

So, come along on Tuesday @ 730pm for a free online training class which will cover everything you need to know about squatting including how to identify your indiviudal mobility issues, what warm ups to do to fix it, 3 steps to better squat technique, why you might have the bar in the wrong position on your back, and how to modify your program to include individually tailored assistance work which will get you better results, faster.

If you can't attend live, that's cool. There'll be a replay link, but ONLY if you register in advance. So register here now: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/6dc837c00d

See you then,
    James "I like my squats like my bass - down low" Hanley

PS - there's an optional multiple choice survey after you register which asks 2 questions;

1) what problems are you having with your squats right now

2) any specific squat related topics you'd like me to cover on the webinar

Fill that **** in too so I can really tailor the hell out of the content for you :)

** BUMP **

About 90 minutes to kick off.

Just did my final run thru and I am SO excited for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Found the deadlift webinar very informative (especially for some relatively new to deads/squats) have registered for the squat one and will watch it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Gonna watch this tonight. Couldn't convince my kids to go to bed early last night so I could watch a webinar.

• Advertisement

Do You Make These Mistakes When Bench Pressing?

Go to any gym on a Monday night and you’ll see every dude in there bench pressing. But only about 20% of them are doing it right. Come to my free online training workshop to learn how to:

== Generate rock solid shoulder stability ==

How you set up before you unrack the bar, and the warm up movements you pick will have a massive impact on whether or not your remain pain free when benching pressing. Not only that, but picking the right pre bench stabilisation exercises will keep your shoulders locked down tighter and let you put more weight on the bar.

== Bench press for bigger pecs ==

Some guys naturally find it easier to recruit their chest when benching pressing. Some find their shoulders and triceps dominate the movement. If you’re one of the unlucky ones whos shoulders and tris take over, there’s a simple trick you can use to bring your chest more into play just by squeezing the bar together (I’ll show you how to do that over video on the webinar)

== Choose PR building assistance lifts with more accuracy than a laser guided missile ==

More so than any other lift, the choice of assistance work will make or break your bench press. Picking the correct 2 assistance exercises from a menu of about 80-100 is actually pretty easy when you follow the flowchart I’m going to show you on Tuesday.

http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/75564aad5d

When I did the 6-week strength challenge, I debated which was the worst: 2s pause squats or 1.5 squats. I did lean towards the latter.

But I've come to the conclusion it's double pause squats.

They're just sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

James is the Alpha Strength Challenge suitable for women? Would love to give it a go.

eire1 wrote: »
    James is the Alpha Strength Challenge suitable for women? Would love to give it a go.

Only if you wanna get really strong really fast and can deal with working hard to get there :)

Shoot me a mail to james@revolutionfitness.ie if you wanna talk about any specifics!

This may help some of you with your benching - it's a slide from tonights webinar.

12728989_10153837046050115_1132007347748487912_n.jpg?oh=661f72e4237fbb672a176654ef7a4187&oe=5725E774

• Advertisement

It goes without saying - but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said - but the time and energy being put into the webinars is much appreciated.

It goes without saying - but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said - but the time and energy being put into the webinars is much appreciated.

Very kind. Thank you!

Didn't get the usual reminder email for some reason but fortunately remembered manually :)

Thanks for this - some great tips as usual!

Didn't get the usual reminder email for some reason but fortunately remembered manually :)

Thanks for this - some great tips as usual!

Strange. MAy have gone to spam. No one else has said anything.

Yet.

Yet.

I got one anyway. But was to my work email so I only got there on time cos I remembered.

Then phone battery died halfway through...

Yet.

Just me so. I'm special obvs :D:D

Not sure what I'll do with my Tuesday evenings in 3 weeks' time :(

Thanks again for the great tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Did your 2 pauses squats today Hanley. I did not enjoy them 1 bit!!! they are bloody tough! however weirdly I found I was able to squat lower when pausing an inch or two above where I would usual stop before dropping again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Great answer for 'How do you get into position with heavy dumbbells' - 'Lay back and pray'

Just me so. I'm special obvs :D:D

Not sure what I'll do with my Tuesday evenings in 3 weeks' time :(

Thanks again for the great tips!

I never said they were finished - just that I didn't know what I was gonna do the next one on!!!!

(hint hint: suggest something)

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    Did your 2 pauses squats today Hanley. I did not enjoy them 1 bit!!! they are bloody tough! however weirdly I found I was able to squat lower when pausing an inch or two above where I would usual stop before dropping again

I'm not surprised by that. Makes sense when you think about it - if you pause where you nearly breakdown and lock up that position better, once you release it you should be able to continue down a bit more.

It's a good indicator that you need some positional / stability work in squats :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement