Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

Is anyone having any issues with this? I've signed the kids up paid a years sub and they downloaded plants v zombies no problem. They tried to download UFC but it won't work??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

danois wrote: »
    Is anyone having any issues with this? I've signed the kids up paid a years sub and they downloaded plants v zombies no problem. They tried to download UFC but it won't work??

Make sure that you're downloading through the EA access app.

Might also be problems with Xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The EA servers are down at the moment.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Make sure that you're downloading through the EA access app.

Might also be problems with Xbox live.

Yeah he's deffo trying to download via the app.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    The EA servers are down at the moment.

He has been trying since last night how long have they been down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Presume it's an adult gamertag linked to eaaccess for the downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is this a gamertag that has age restrictions on content in the settings?

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/security/child-attempts-to-view-restricted-content

No restrictions on it. He got his uncle to have a look and it's working now thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Couple of quick questions. Apologies if they have been answered before.
    Can you buy EA access with Xbox credit? And when will FIFA 15 be added?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No, can't use credit

Don't know yet, early summer this year would be my guess!

• Advertisement

I'm hoping NFL and NHL arrive in the next month or so as the seasons end domestically.

Yeah I'd like to get NHL soon, could see it coming before FIFA as it wasn't received very well

Playing the demo had me pining for a remake of this

51wqJ6QtY6L._SX300_.jpg

What a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Couple of quick questions. Apologies if they have been answered before.
    Can you buy EA access with Xbox credit? And when will FIFA 15 be added?

Fifa 15 is 50% off in the Xbox Store til Jan 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Fifa 15 is 50% off in the Xbox Store til Jan 19th.

Yeah saw that, cheers mate.
    I was thinking of holding out for it to come on to EA Access if it was going to be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like to get NHL soon, could see it coming before FIFA as it wasn't received very well

Playing the demo had me pining for a remake of this

51wqJ6QtY6L._SX300_.jpg

What a game

Sorry, but this will always be THE definitive hockey game for me
    nhl95_pc_1.jpg

the days myself and the brother spent on this are some of the best gaming memories that I treasure to this day.how two young lads from north cork learned the nuances of line changes, icing, and fist fighting always brings a smile to my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yeah saw that, cheers mate.
    I was thinking of holding out for it to come on to EA Access if it was going to be soon.

Won't be til FIFA 16 I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sorry, but this will always be THE definitive hockey game for me
    nhl95_pc_1.jpg

the days myself and the brother spent on this are some of the best gaming memories that I treasure to this day.how two young lads from north cork learned the nuances of line changes, icing, and fist fighting always brings a smile to my face.
    I didn't even know it was hockey game, I thought it was a beat em up :D
    Loved it on the Sega Mega Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Okay some questions for you expert gamers out there - apologies in advance for my stupid questions (I have read the thread - just want to be sure)

We have an xbox one - have gold on my account - and standard accounts (no gold) for the kids. They can play the gold games I download for them - happy days.

So I can do the same for 24.99 with ea access ? - buy it on my account and everyone on the home xbox can play the games ?

Second question - Plants versus Zombies Garden warefare - suitable for an eight year old ? - seems online based - is there a way to turn off sound etc. on it and play in an age restricted way or does that ruin the game.
    Hes on about this game for his birthday - however it seems to be 100% online mutiplayer to me ?

Thanks in advance guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

PVZ gameplay is suitable for a young one but is an online game. Not sure what the parental controls can do regards voice chat as I've never used them myself.

I hate hearing kids talking in games so rather than go though the lobby muting them every game I just start a party so I can't hear game chat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Okay some questions for you expert gamers out there - apologies in advance for my stupid questions (I have read the thread - just want to be sure)

We have an xbox one - have gold on my account - and standard accounts (no gold) for the kids. They can play the gold games I download for them - happy days. - YES

So I can do the same for 24.99 with ea access ? - buy it on my account and everyone on the home xbox can play the games ? YES

Second question - Plants versus Zombies Garden warefare - suitable for an eight year old ? -YES seems online based - is there a way to turn off sound etc. on it and play in an age restricted way or does that ruin the game.
    Hes on about this game for his birthday - however it seems to be 100% online mutiplayer to me ?

Thanks in advance guys.

As to the last question, It is online based, so you could limit his communication settings. Theres no blood and guts or cursing in game so no worries that way. As far as i remember there is a mode you could play on your own (garden defense I think) but I didnt really play it so I can't speak for as to how good or bad it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Thanks guys - you've answered my questions.

This EA access is brilliant value really then if you have kids - there's at least 4 games there that are for about that age (fifa 14, plants, need for speed and peggle)

he already has fifa 15 - The other game he wants is Forza - however need for speed will probably satisfy his need to crash into things

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I posted in a UFC thread not realizing it was over a year old, my bad! Has anyone played this since signing up for EA Access? Can you play as Colin Mcgregor in it? Can't seem to find him in the player selection

Try looking for Conor instead of Colin ;)

He's def there anyway! You looking in the LW/FW division?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I played the demo of UFC I reckon it would be easier to go down the Gym and learn UFC than play the game, the combo's are nuts imo.

It is a bit complicated when you first start. It throws tutorial after tutorial at you and it can be hard to remember what it just showed you, when it's trying to teach you 7 new things.

I played through the career on easy to start with and through the training before matches and actual fights it's easy enough to get comfortable with the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

bennyc wrote: »
    I played the demo of UFC I reckon it would be easier to go down the Gym and learn UFC than play the game, the combo's are nuts imo.

Controls just feel so robust at times and I can't transition out of a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

maximoose wrote: »
    Try looking for Conor instead of Colin ;)

He's def there anyway! You looking in the LW/FW division?

Lol typo brain fart!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Saw something that next Ea Access game will be Theme Hospital :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Saw something that next Ea Access game will be Theme Hospital :mad:

That would be class!!!!

But I think they were just giving it away for free on Origin last week, I don't know if there are plans for an XBOX ONE version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Its a great game on the PC, hopefully its out on xbox one

Advertisement