Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd actually be quite happy with that :pac:

I was thinking it might be DA: Inquisition as it's 40% off in the store at the minute,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That would be class!!!!

But I think they were just giving it away for free on Origin last week, I don't know if there are plans for an XBOX ONE version.

Indeed, EA have an "On The House" program, that releases old classic games every month. It's Theme Hospital this month, and they've already given away Crusader, and one of the Wing Commander games(I'd say Mark Hamill has nightmares about those).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    I was thinking it might be DA: Inquisition as it's 40% off in the store at the minute,

I bought DA: Inquisition at that discount over the Xmas. At that price I had to, because like Titanfall, I think we could be waiting a long time to get those on EA Access.

But id love Theme Hospital if they gave that way. I'd be glued to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd actually be quite happy with that :pac:

I'd say they'll have another six months of selling that, to be honest.

Although, to be fair, EA do seem to have caught on to the benefits of Digital Distribution far faster than anyone else. I have to admit, if you said at the start of this generation, that EA would be the company that leads innovation in selling games, I'd have laughed in your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Starting from tomorrow until February 28th all EA Access members get the BF4 DLC Second Assault for absolutely FREE!

Even when your EA Access membership runs out, you still get to keep Second Assault!

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news.html?utm_campaign=eaa-social-us-ocm-fb-bf4-dlc-announce-fb-prev&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=eaa-social-us-ocm-fb-bf4-dlc-announce-fb-prev&cid=34422&ts=1422468348112&sf35836931=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any idea when it'll be available on Xbone?

Any idea when it'll be available on Xbone?

When what will be available, second assault or...?

Tomorrow if so! and only on Xbox ONE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Damn it, I'm only now realising that UFC was added to the vault!
    Great game though, so delighted with that!

Is there any way of being notified when new games drop in the vault, other than constantly checking the app or EA blogs? :)
    Sorry if that's been asked before!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Damn it, I'm only now realising that UFC was added to the vault!
    Great game though, so delighted with that!

Is there any way of being notified when new games drop in the vault, other than constantly checking the app or EA blogs? :)
    Sorry if that's been asked before!

I find their facebook page the best source of relevant news if you want to give them a 'Like'.

https://www.facebook.com/EAAccess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I find their facebook page the best source of relevant news if you want to give them a 'Like'.

https://www.facebook.com/EAAccess

Thanks for the suggestion, might try that. I normally hate to engage with companies on FB, might try twitter.

I'll follow this thread anyway, probably the easiest way to find out :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    When what will be available, second assault or...?

Tomorrow if so! and only on Xbox ONE.

Sorry, Theme Hospital.

Was on mobile and an initial google didn't throw up much.

Sorry, Theme Hospital.

Was on mobile and an initial google didn't throw up much.

It's already available on Origin, but it's only for PC. I doubt that it will ever come to Xbox One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I can't see Theme Hospital coming to the ONE either.

Boo-urns. There goes my nostalgia buzz.

Boo-urns. There goes my nostalgia buzz.

You surely have a laptop, download Theme Hospital for free right now and get your nostalgia buzz going! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm a new xbox one owner, so still learning - EA access sounds like a really good service, even for a casual gamer or am I missing something?. I was just about to buy Battlefield 4 in the EA sale...but wouldn't I be better off buying the one year sub to EA access instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm a new xbox one owner, so still learning - EA access sounds like a really good service, even for a casual gamer or am I missing something?. I was just about to buy Battlefield 4 in the EA sale...but wouldn't I be better off buying the one year sub to EA access instead?

Yup, as long as you have an active subscription you have full access to all the games in the vault.

ablelocks wrote: »

Yup and you have until the end of February to grab the 'Second Assault' DLC for free with EA Access. You even get to keep it if your sub ever runs out.

Now that the Super Bowl is over, we'll hopefully see Madden added in the next week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Now that the Super Bowl is over, we'll hopefully see Madden added in the next week or so.

Would much prefer a golf game, or an nba game that isn't muck!

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Would much prefer a golf game, or an nba game that isn't muck!

Well no golf game exists and the NBA season is far from over for them to release NBA Live 15.

However the NHL is nearly finished too so we should see hockey and football added soon.

NBA will follow them but should be another while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well no golf game exists

wow really, thats a pity. Has the EA PGA tour \ Tiger Woods franchise come to a schhtop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Well no golf game exists and the NBA season is far from over for them to release NBA Live 15.

However the NHL is nearly finished too so we should see hockey and football added soon.

NBA will follow them but should be another while yet.

I think the NHL is on special with Games With Gold at the minute.

nicklauski wrote: »
    I think the NHL is on special with Games With Gold at the minute.

So is Madden.

Would be extremely foolish to buy either of those when for the same price in a week or two you'll get them both for e25 with Access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Well no golf game exists

There is a download only golf game called 'The Golf Club', I thought it was piss poor and looked like something somebody made in their bedroom, my mate was of the same opinion when I showed him. For €35 I felt ripped off, it would pass for an arcade title maybe.

Just my opinion on it, other folk apparently like it.

Edit: golf game coming this spring http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/ea-sports-pga-tour-301233?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

There's also Powerstar Golf. Reviewed well. Its supposedly free to play but I would view it more as a demo.

Liamalone wrote: »
    There is a download only golf game called 'The Golf Club', I thought it was piss poor and looked like something somebody made in their bedroom, my mate was of the same opinion when I showed him. For €35 I felt ripped off, it would pass for an arcade title maybe.

Just my opinion on it, other folk apparently like it.

Edit: golf game coming this spring http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/ea-sports-pga-tour-301233?

I have it.

But seeing as this is an EA Access thread, there doesn't exist a golfing option through the service is more what I was saying :D

FWIW I don't think TGC is that bad, it's obviously not as pretty as Tiger Woods but it offers a realistic enough approach and the course editor gives it a bit of re-playability.
    Would be a great local multiplayer if you've friends who call over, bit light for single player use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Only problem being its meant to be awful. Was hoping for madden seeing as the season is over and NBA is only at the all star break

• Advertisement

stuchyg wrote: »
    Only problem being its meant to be awful. Was hoping for madden seeing as the season is over and NBA is only at the all star break

It's not exactly surprising that Live came first.

It seemed to improve on 14 but it's still a poor game with poor sale numbers.

I guess thats the key between it being added and Madden still unavailable.
    Madded is the FIFA of the US, so it's probably still selling enough of a trickle to this point to hold it a bit longer.

I'd still expect Madden in the next few weeks, NHL is another that should be coming sooner rather than later.

FIFA sells well until maybe July or so, so wouldn't expect that until 2/3 months before 16s launch.
    Madden and NHL could work the same way as well actually, 2 months play before the new edition.
    Madden comes out in August(?) so we may not see it until May at worst.

Advertisement