Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Madden 15 will not be coming in a hurry, Madden 25 (I know, numbering schemes, eh?) is still there for free and is supposed to serve as your gateway into all things Madden and get you to head out and buy Madden 15 if you want it.

Maybe in the Summer (at a push) they might add Madden 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

NBA live 15 is currently down to €10.50 in the xbox sale.
    They must be trying to squeeze a final few customers out of it before it goes to the vault :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I only got access over the Christmas so this may have happened already but I'd be surprised if they added any games to the vault before the newest version was released. I know the NFL is done and dusted but I'd imagine they'll keep Madden 15 on sale for a good while longer yet, maybe drop the digital price to entice sales over the summer.

Same goes for FIFA, Battlefield, etc. Like, even though Hardline is about to come out, I'd say it'll be a good while before we see BF4 on access. Happy to be wrong though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

B_Sharp wrote: »
    I only got access over the Christmas so this may have happened already but I'd be surprised if they added any games to the vault before the newest version was released. I know the NFL is done and dusted but I'd imagine they'll keep Madden 15 on sale for a good while longer yet, maybe drop the digital price to entice sales over the summer.

Same goes for FIFA, Battlefield, etc. Like, even though Hardline is about to come out, I'd say it'll be a good while before we see BF4 on access. Happy to be wrong though.

BF4 is on EA access, has been for months. They've even given away one of the expansions.

CatInABox wrote: »
    BF4 is on EA access, has been for months. They've even given away one of the expansions.

You're 100%. Christ, I even downloaded it...brain fade there! I'd still be surprised to see the big annual sports titles come out before the latest versions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You're 100%. Christ, I even downloaded it...brain fade there! I'd still be surprised to see the big annual sports titles come out before the latest versions.

It's one of the problems with a digital backlog, very easy to forget. I've gone to buy a game before, only to find out that I already own it, and I'm ashamed to say that's happened far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

marcbrophy wrote: »

Great stuff.

Installing it now.

Just wondering , as I install it I see I still have the option to purchase it with 10% discount. I assume this applies as I could leave my membership of EA Access but are games ever removed from The Vault and will I eventually lose them if I stay a member?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Great stuff.

Installing it now.

Just wondering , as I install it I see I still have the option to purchase it with 10% discount. I assume this applies as I could leave my membership of EA Access but are games ever removed from The Vault and will I eventually lose them if I stay a member?

They said they have no intentions of ever removing games from the vault. That was when they launched the service.

I'd say it's just so you can purchase it for if you decide against renewing your subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Whats the verdict on NBA 15 and UFC lads? Anyone enjoying either of them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

NHL 15 next up in the vault I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

COYVB wrote: »
    NHL 15 next up in the vault I think

Any reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I hope so. Didn't want to buy it after the reception it got but would love a hockey game to jump in and out of

maximoose wrote: »
    I hope so. Didn't want to buy it after the reception it got but would love a hockey game to jump in and out of

The actual gameplay was supposed to be quite good. It was the lack of features that were the problem although these were added through updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I liked NHL 15. I played a good chunk of my allocated 6 hours. Love starting fights in it :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I liked NHL 15. I played a good chunk of my allocated 6 hours. Love starting fights in it :D

What do you mean by allocated 6 hours

stuchyg wrote: »
    What do you mean by allocated 6 hours

You can preview EA games for 6 hours. A timed demo essentially.

CatInABox wrote: »
    You can preview EA games for 6 hours. A timed demo essentially.

That's pretty good isn't it. I just joined it last night. Played me some madden. Is battlefield 4 single player any good. I'm not much of an online shooter type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That's pretty good isn't it. I just joined it last night. Played me some madden. Is battlefield 4 single player any good. I'm not much of an online shooter type

Its alright, plenty of bits that make no real sense and plenty of big explosions, but you'll remember very little of it when its finished.

the bug that randomly deletes your single player save is still in effect too, so be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Madden 15 is now in the vault...deadly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Took me by complete surprise. Great stuff!

Just downloaded 14. May delete it now

I know the NFL is done and dusted but I'd imagine they'll keep Madden 15 on sale for a good while longer yet, maybe drop the digital price to entice sales over the summer.

Never more delighted to be wrong!! Game is only 7 months old, player updates mean it'll still be relevant until at least the new one comes out. I'm a big NFL fan but I'd never but Madden annually, one every 2/3 years. Only a real die-hard could justify buying the new one every year with this.

Just goes to show what great value Access is. For me, it's one of the Xbox's main advantages over the Playstation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

NHL 15 is great. The gameplay is amazing. If you've played any of the previous versions though there's loads of content missing. They've gradually added stuff but it's still not nearly what it was. There still isn't even a tutorial which is bizarre in my eyes. Still, nabbed it for €30 in one of the digital sales so happy with that. Definitely not a full price game though as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    NHL 15 is great. The gameplay is amazing. If you've played any of the previous versions though there's loads of content missing. They've gradually added stuff but it's still not nearly what it was. There still isn't even a tutorial which is bizarre in my eyes. Still, nabbed it for €30 in one of the digital sales so happy with that. Definitely not a full price game though as it is.

Downloaded it tonight and there are definitely tutorials. Lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

so NBA15 was pure muck..have it deleted already,will gladly play Madden 15 and hopefully in a few months they will have dragon age added to access.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    so NBA15 was pure muck..have it deleted already,will gladly play Madden 15 and hopefully in a few months they will have dragon age added to access.

Did the same and will be deleting. Awful stuff. Excruciatingly slow and unresponsive. I had downloaded madden and played it the last couple nights but is now looking for me to purchase. Was it listed in error

Did the same and will be deleting. Awful stuff. Excruciatingly slow and unresponsive. I had downloaded madden and played it the last couple nights but is now looking for me to purchase. Was it listed in error

hmmmm just went into madden 15 and it says ive 3 hours game play remaining but i thought it was a full release on access.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    hmmmm just went into madden 15 and it says ive 3 hours game play remaining but i thought it was a full release on access.

Same. I have the option to purchase or try still but not play. Have tweeted ea about it and they recommended power cycle. Tried that and same story

• Advertisement

Same. I have the option to purchase or try still but not play. Have tweeted ea about it and they recommended power cycle. Tried that and same story

ive just tweeted them myself

Advertisement