Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Have titanfall a while now so slightly disappointed. Never completely got into it. Actually thinking that my relationship with gaming is coming to a close! never feel the urge to complete a game or play for 2 or 3 hours solid anymore.

I'm getting old.....................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Bought titanfall special edition when it was reduced to 12.50 on the xbox store. Then they released the special edition dlc for free and now its free forever on ea access. I'd say i've played it for a max of 3 hours since i got it so waste of money then it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Trilla wrote: »
    Actually thinking that my relationship with gaming is coming to a close! never feel the urge to complete a game or play for 2 or 3 hours solid anymore.

you're not alone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Colemania wrote: »
    Bought titanfall special edition when it was reduced to 12.50 on the xbox store. Then they released the special edition dlc for free and now its free forever on ea access. I'd say i've played it for a max of 3 hours since i got it so waste of money then it seems!

Well if you're not already subscribed to EA access you technically saved yourself another 12:50 :o

I think mr Freeze is right, I just won't be buying EA games anymore.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well if you're not already subscribed to EA access you technically saved yourself another 12:50 :o

Oh but i am........ :o

So glad I didn't buy fifa 15 last year, first time i didn't buy a fifa since 2007. Such a heap of sh*te especially ultimate team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mickeroo wrote: »

I think mr Freeze is right, I just won't be buying EA games anymore.

It seems if we have enough patience we'll get loads of EA games for free minus the sub fee of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have titanfall a while now so slightly disappointed. Never completely got into it. Actually thinking that my relationship with gaming is coming to a close! never feel the urge to complete a game or play for 2 or 3 hours solid anymore.

ah everyone goes through ruts like that, i think we've reached a point now where theres no more "growing out of" gaming. I've been into it since I was 10 and i reckon I'll always be into it, but i've had one or two periods of up to a year or more where I'd game very little.

I've found that stepping back from buying "bargains" has helped somewhat, too much of a backlog is a similar situation to when you open the cupboard at home, see shelves full of food and think "nah, nothing there to eat, time for a takeaway".

I've forced myself to see a few games to completion recently, even though I felt the familiar "time for something new" feeling creeping in, its actually very satisfying to complete them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If I end up in an old folks home I won't mind as long as I still have the dexterity to use a game pad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT BROTHER!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

great to see, I'm going to definitely try and play a bit more of this now, plenty scrubs to help me rank up. I'm still stuck on level five with that poxy gooser achievement.

Pfft you noob I got those goosers to get to level 6 the hard way and got all 50 of them before the patch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

From E3: Dragon Age is coming for free this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Excellent :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Free EA Access to all gold members for the week.

Pretty good hook there, might get them more subs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Pfft you noob I got those goosers to get to level 6 the hard way and got all 50 of them before the patch

Indeed, I seem to remember you pleading to let you get em! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

Downloaded FIFA 15 and it wont let me play! Says insert the disk! What a joke..

Downloaded FIFA 15 and it wont let me play! Says insert the disk! What a joke..

i'd say there's just problems with it at the moment since e3. I have ea access and downloaded fifa 15 last week and it went straight into it.

Complete fantasy obviously, but I wonder if in light of backwards compatibility would they throw their last gen back catalogue in there. Apart from possible remasters they've nothing to lose. Subscribers to gain and dlc to sell.
    Me for EA president!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

erkifino wrote: »
    Complete fantasy obviously, but I wonder if in light of backwards compatibility would they throw their last gen back catalogue in there. Apart from possible remasters they've nothing to lose. Subscribers to gain and dlc to sell.
    Me for EA president!

I was wondering that myself, would be an interesting turn up for the books, we know that Dragon Age:Inquisition is coming at the end of summer, and then they could add Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2.

We will see could be interesting if they go for it, they would get more subscribers plus saves them from having to remaster the games themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Already had the disk version of Titanfall but it's a nice touch that I can play it from the hard-drive now without the disk or the need to reinstal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Already had the disk version of Titanfall but it's a nice touch that I can play it from the hard-drive now without the disk or the need to reinstal.

You could get a ten euro voucher for it from Cex for the disk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This is great value, surprised I hadn't heard about it before. $30 a year in seeing , or can you buy it in euros also for cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tinie wrote: »
    This is great value, surprised I hadn't heard about it before. $30 a year in seeing , or can you buy it in euros also for cheaper?

€25 a year for us :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    €25 a year for us :)

Even better. And I was going to spend €30 just on ufc!

Tinie wrote: »

I am surprised there are still people who don't know about it. That's not a dig on the people who don't know but on EA even microsoft for not getting it out there. PS+ was a big seller for ps3 and may have played a part in people swapping from xbox.
    Tbh I didn't even know about the free week til I read it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I could certainly see 360 games appearing on the vault especially titles that have season passes or doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

I could certainly see 360 games appearing on the vault especially titles that have season passes or doc

I hope that's the case, because there are definitely some good 'uns. Adding the first 2 Dragon Ages would be a great way to complement Inquisition, for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It might be tricky to implement. MS themselves couldn't figure out a way to give games with gold and take em away once your gold sub expires on 360, so they just said keep the games. So it would have to be done in the same way or EA figure out how to do it.

As far as I know, GWG Xbox One titles are not accessible if your Gold sub expires, so I assume they figured it out

Also, EA Access already works that way anyway - no Access sub, no vault games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

As far as I know, GWG Xbox One titles are not accessible if your Gold sub expires, so I assume they figured it out

Yes on Xbox One. 360 games don't work like that, so can't see them in the vault.

Advertisement