Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Maybe it was common knowledge but it was surprising to see Parcel Storm from BF4 as a course :D.

Played one hole on custom, not too fond of not being able to zoom the camera which was turned off in the option I selected(custom)
    Hopefully you can zoom without the ball line (Similar to The Golf Club), it would be a happy medium as the line is cheap but looking at the top view map is too hard.
    Its not like a golfer can't walk up ahead for a look.

The swing on left analogue is tough too but I'm sure that can be altered, I just skipped the intro and played one hole.

Doesn't feel like it will disappoint anyway even after an absence and system change.
    Hopefully the option to buy dlc courses with coins earned in game is there ala TW a few years back, that would be a big selling point for me.

You can zoom when using the arcade mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

I actually don't like the game, very easy, being able to spin the ball in mid air I never liked, or getting extra power by tapping the A while swinging,I mean why?.....
    I always want the best game because I want the ultimate experience but with EA sports they cater for people who can pick it up easy, and do all this unrealistic silly crap with it! The golf club I feel is more true to the real game of golf but if it could have the licences this had it would be great!
    EA buy rights to everything and advertise and pay big bucks into advertising these games but the core element of their games (gameplay simulation to the real thing) is always a let down!
    Why can't we just get the ultimate game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Is it only because it's a trial that you can't play full rounds on career mode or is supposee to be like that. In one way I kind of like it because it doesn't take too long to get through the 4 rounds of a tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I actually don't like the game, very easy, being able to spin the ball in mid air I never liked, or getting extra power by tapping the A while swinging,I mean why?.....
    I always want the best game because I want the ultimate experience but with EA sports they cater for people who can pick it up easy, and do all this unrealistic silly crap with it! The golf club I feel is more true to the real game of golf but if it could have the licences this had it would be great!
    EA buy rights to everything and advertise and pay big bucks into advertising these games but the core element of their games (gameplay simulation to the real thing) is always a let down!
    Why can't we just get the ultimate game :)

That's because you chose the easiest of the three control schemes. Did you not notice that before you went ranting?

Arcade style uses the left stick to control power and accuracy and gives players the ability to add spin to the ball while it's in the air.
    Classic controls eschew the thumbsticks completely and are reminiscent of earlier EA golf games, where a 3-click system determines power and accuracy.
    Tour style controls are the most simulation-heavy of the three control schemes, with the length of backswing and speed of follow-through determining power and the club path through the ball being the most important factor in determining accuracy.

You can zoom when using the arcade mode

Ya that was kind of the point in that I didn't want the outright unrealistic approach of arcade.
    I know arcade has the exact line but I was hoping it had The Golf Club option of a zoom without a line.
    I just feel a complete blind shot is a bit too much.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Ya that was kind of the point in that I didn't want the outright realistic approach of arcade.
    I know arcade has the exact line but I was hoping it had The Golf Club option of a zoom without a line.
    I just feel a complete blind shot is a bit too much.

I think you can change everything individually as a custom setting so you can have the realism along with the zoom, have only played for an hour so can't say for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I was expecting the game to look at lot better than it does.

Maybe its because its not fully downloaded when we played a course, but in terms of looks, its nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

DJ90 wrote: »
    Is it only because it's a trial that you can't play full rounds on career mode or is supposee to be like that. In one way I kind of like it because it doesn't take too long to get through the 4 rounds of a tournament
    You need to select full round in the setting menu, otherwise you will just play the important holes.

As for the game, I think it's far too easy - running away with the first tournament in your Pro career is hardly realistic. I'd much prefer to be battling it at the cut line for a season with the odd good tournament than win straight off the bat. I cancelled my pre order when I realised it could be trialed, kinda glad I did now.

I'll give it another go later and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I had swing difficulty on hard but it's much more challenging with difficulty on hard and mechanic on advanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

When does the opportunity to play your trial end? As in, does it disappear when the game is released? I have it downloaded but I'm busy for the next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Liamalone wrote: »
    When does the opportunity to play your trial end? As in, does it disappear when the game is released? I have it downloaded but I'm busy for the next week

No it's there for as long as your EA Access subscription is active and you haven't already used your 10 hours.

You can still go back and play the 10 hour trial for Battlefield Hardline for example.

(if you haven't used it already)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do those trials for the games in EA access (Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour/ Battlefield Hardline etc.) start when you download the game, or when you click start? Also, is it 10 hours from when you start the game, or 10 hours total e.g. if if you play 20 minutes then take 20 minutes break then play another 20 minutes, that's only 40 mins of your trial gone.

Tinie wrote: »
    Do those trials for the games in EA access (Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour/ Battlefield Hardline etc.) start when you download the game, or when you click start? Also, is it 10 hours from when you start the game, or 10 hours total e.g. if if you play 20 minutes then take 20 minutes break then play another 20 minutes, that's only 40 mins of your trial gone.

They only start once you click start & launch them.

You can play 20 mins here and there no problem. I can still go back and play my 5 hours of dragon age any time I want. Only played less than an hour if it when it first came on.

Just make sure to press the start/menu button on the game whilst looking at the dashboard and choose the quit button to make sure the game is fully closed.

Some people didn't realise this, just put their xbox into standby mode after dashboarding the game without quitting. Only to find their 6 hour trial gone when they loaded it back up.

Moral of the story, quit the game fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'd a good go on Rory McIlroy golf (EA Trial) and then went back to Tiger Woods 14 and there's a huge difference, so I'll be giving Rory a miss, was really hoping it would be amazing (the bunker sand looks cool though :)) I'll hold off til next year. Too many features missing. Same with F1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'd a good go on Rory McIlroy golf (EA Trial) and then went back to Tiger Woods 14 and there's a huge difference, so I'll be giving Rory a miss, was really hoping it would be amazing (the bunker sand looks cool though :)) I'll hold off til next year. Too many features missing. Same with F1 :(

Ya it wasn't great at all but nice to be able to give it a go alright. The backspins on the green were insane! Very unrealistic!

I'll hold off til next year.

I have read on multiple sites that it's not going to be an annual title. Whether this bares to be true or not, time will tell. They also said they will be providing free updates adding more content over the next few months.

Apparently its not going to be a yearly release anymore, but they will support it for a few years. It must not have been selling well anymore.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I have read on multiple sites that it's not going to be an annual title. Whether this bares to be true or not, time will tell. They also said they will be providing free updates adding more content over the next few months.

I went for NHL15 with the promise of updates over a few months and it was updated but still far short of previous NHL's. I do realise that it's difficult for programmers to include everything when changing to a next gen system, which is why I'm holding off in future.

Apparently its not going to be a yearly release anymore, but they will support it for a few years. It must not have been selling well anymore.

Mad. Doesn't sound like EA :) Guess we'll know next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

Mad. Doesn't sound like EA :) Guess we'll know next year.

That's the long term aim with most of their annual titles. Retail release year one, premium annual update patch released year two

• Advertisement

That's the long term aim with most of their annual titles. Retail release year one, premium annual update patch released year two

I wish. They're hardly gonna give up tagging '14, '15, '16 onto their titles to make a few bob. Updates or not, they won't say you need to own '14 to upgrade to '15 etc. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

If I purchase an ea access sub can I play the 10 hour trials for all the games? Bf hardlime etc?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    If I purchase an ea access sub can I play the 10 hour trials for all the games? Bf hardlime etc?

Yes, but you get the first 2 missions on bf Hardline, the rest is multiplayer. Golf etc. is 10 hours in any mode. Only purchased it recently myself but I'm pretty sure that's it. Someone else will no doubt clarify.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Yes, but you get the first 2 missions on bf Hardline, the rest is multiplayer. Golf etc. is 10 hours in any mode. Only purchased it recently myself but I'm pretty sure that's it. Someone else will no doubt clarify.

Yeah only the first 2 missions for Hardline campaign as it's short in comparison to their other games.

Someone could have pretty much finished the campaign in the 10 hour trial if they wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

I wish. They're hardly gonna give up tagging '14, '15, '16 onto their titles to make a few bob. Updates or not, they won't say you need to own '14 to upgrade to '15 etc. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

That's the plan I'm told. Buy 16, update to 17 via $20-25 update, or continue playing 16, buy 18, repeat.

More money in it for them that way apparently

We are getting the best deal currently at the current exchange rate however.

We are getting the best deal currently at the current exchange rate however.

We are getting a better deal than the U.S, but we definitely aren't getting the best deal over all. €19 in Hungary is currently the best I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I believe DA: Inquisition has been added

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,374 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Never buying an EA game again >_<

Advertisement