Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

sweetie wrote: »
    I believe DA: Inquisition has been added

Just checked the smartglass app on the phone, and you are correct! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Never buying an EA game again >_<

They said weeks ago it would be added, I'm guessing you never heard?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,374 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tinie wrote: »
    They said weeks ago it would be added, I'm guessing you never heard?

I heard, I bought it months ago when it was on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The missus bought me Rory McIlroy PGA Tour after my 10 hour timed demo timed out on pause, I was playing it and she landed home, paused it, forgot about it.

So she went and bought it, I didn't have the heart to tell her it would be free in a few months.

I'll buy Battlefront, but no other EA game ever as long as I have EA Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

good hangover game freeze! nice and gentle!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Never buying an EA game again >_<

Could have been worse, you could have paid full whack for a 10 hour game which DA:I isn't certainly not :)

Could have been worse, you could have paid full whack for a 10 hour game which DA:I isn't certainly not :)

Double negative.
    Now I don't know if its 10 hrs or more!

Anyone know a way I can get this to start downloading remotely? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone know a way I can get this to start downloading remotely? :)

If you have your XB1 set to 'Instant On' power mode with background downloads enabled then in theory it should start downloading if you purchase it via Smartglass.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you have your XB1 set to 'Instant On' power mode with background downloads enabled then in theory it should start downloading if you purchase it via Smartglass.

That's the thing though, I can't purchase it, I can only play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That's the thing though, I can't purchase it, I can only play it.

You might still have it downloaded if you got it for the trial, this would explain why smartglass only gives you the option to play it.

Nolimits wrote: »
    You might still have it downloaded if you got it for the trial, this would explain why smartglass only gives you the option to play it.

That's yet another thing, I never downloaded the trial for it :pac:

I'd say there's something weird going on with my MS profile.
    I clicked into the new Rare Replay game and it says "Play on Xbox One", like I own it, but I haven't bought it :)

Just tried [Protoype] there too and the same thing.

Looking like any items that are included in a bundle, but aren't the bundle itself, the app seems to assume I own them.

So you guys see something like Purchase for FREE or along those lines?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just checked on Smartglass, it comes up with Play for me too, weird. When you click play, it brings you to the store page on the actual xbox.

Xbox.com doesn't seem to be any good either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm in work and can't see any apps in my smartglass on my phone. Am I doing something wrong?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just checked on Smartglass, it comes up with Play for me too, weird. When you click play, it brings you to the store page on the actual xbox.

Xbox.com doesn't seem to be any good either.

Must be the way it's designed then.
    It's awful :D
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm in work and can't see any apps in my smartglass on my phone. Am I doing something wrong?

You can't actually see your apps as far as I'm aware, only the few recently used ones that would show up on your home screen in xbox :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have put a good 70+ hours into DA:I over the last few weeks. Thought it was amazing value at the sale price. Is phenomenal value for £20 with the other games too....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have put a good 70+ hours into DA:I over the last few weeks. Thought it was amazing value at the sale price. Is phenomenal value for £20 with the other games too....

£14 if you buy from hungarian;) marketplace. Takes 2 seconds to change to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finally signed up to this. Approx 19.30 on Hungarian store at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Got my first ea access subscription today. Only got it to try out Bf hardliners and the golf game tho. Wondering when the fifa 16 trial is going to be playable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Got my first ea access subscription today. Only got it to try out Bf hardliners and the golf game tho. Wondering when the fifa 16 trial is going to be playable?
    One Week before launch (in September)

• Advertisement

EA are currently looking into adding 360 titles with backward compatibility to EA Access.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    EA are currently looking into adding 360 titles with backward compatibility to EA Access.

That could be a pretty big back catalogue.

Sounds cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Great, I can play Fifa 08 again!

Members get the Madden NFL 16 10 hour trial starting Aug 20:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

All the ea sports games are ridiculously hard to get the hang of. Tried out nba and ufc and jeez there's way too much **** to learn lol.

All the ea sports games are ridiculously hard to get the hang of. Tried out nba and ufc and jeez there's way too much **** to learn lol.

Yeah there's a lot of button combinations to learn. I don't really play any of them :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Unless it's a sport you're into the tutorials are a right pain in the hoop. UFC was tough going.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Members get the Madden NFL 16 10 hour trial starting Aug 20:

Sweet, not something that I pan to buy at full price, but I reckon I'll buy it somewhere along the way, before it goes free.

I like Madden games usually :D

Whats the hungarian name on the country list on Xbox.com as theres nothing under "H" for hungary.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Whats the hungarian name on the country list on Xbox.com as theres nothing under "H" for hungary.

Magyarország

Advertisement