Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tell you what though, it's stopped me from ever buying another EA game again.

I might miss out on the sense of community that you get when you play through something at the same time as everyone else, but it just doesn't make sense to buy a game when it's going to be on Access in a few months.

Savage value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent, was wondering what we'd be getting next.

Mixed reviews that call it more of a spin-off than a proper BF game, but I'll give it a go.

I've been playing a lot of Titanfall this last week for the first time in about 6 months, forgot how much fun this game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh, Hardline...

Great. I enjoyed the 10 hour trial. I didn't buy it though because I wanted to wait for it to appear in EA Access.

Don't think of Hardline has a battlefield game. It's more of a cops vs robbers shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I won't be buying FIFA either even though I know the amount of players online will have died down by the time it's free on EA access in about 8 months.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I only play Fifa at Christmas with my brothers when I'm home, so handy to be able to do that without buying the game.

Haven't a notion of buying Star Wars Battlefront either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Haven't a notion of buying Star Wars Battlefront either.

See that's the exception for me, I will have to get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Battlefield Hardline hitting the vault next month. looking forward to giving it a go.

EA Access is fantastic.

It really is. Too many games though :p Great timing for the winter months. Still haven't played BF4, Madden or Dragon Age from the vault.

Not sure if Dragon Age is my cuppa tae though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

At last, an EA game that I wanted but held off buying cos of EA Access. I'd already bought a lot of the ones that are now in the vault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Trilla wrote: »
    It really is. Too many games though :p Great timing for the winter months. Still haven't played BF4, Madden or Dragon Age from the vault.

Not sure if Dragon Age is my cuppa tae though

Love Dragon Age, one of the main reasons i got EA Access (and one of the reasons i havent really played the other games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Love Dragon Age, one of the main reasons i got EA Access (and one of the reasons i havent really played the other games)

its just me, not a fan of the rpg fighting kinda jazz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

i thought that too....90hours gametime later.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Didn't mean it in that way just that ea access is fantastic, something for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Dunno why people would buy battlefront to be honest. Using this as a guide battlefront will be in the vault before summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

tkd93 wrote: »
    Dunno why people would buy battlefront to be honest. Using this as a guide battlefront will be in the vault before summer
    First off, Star Wars Battlefront won't be going for free anywhere near that quickly because it's Star Wars. This is the biggest EA game of this generation. Hardline was dismissed as nothing more than a cops and robbers Battlefield. If anything, it only made me appreciate BF4 more. It'll be a year minimum unless they make another Star Wars to profit from in Winter 2016.

I've been looking forward to Battlefront for a long time now and would definitely prefer paying 45 euro in under two months time than wait for it to be free in at least eleven months from now. If you get a kick out of getting stuff for free, more power to you.

Next in the Vault would have to be Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour unless they announce 360 games in November/ December. Using this past year as a guideline, the 2016 sports games added to the vault would be: NBA Live 16 in February, Madden NFL 16 in March, NHL 16 in April, FIFA 16 in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The 10 hour trials for the following games & when:

- NBA Live 16, Today September 24th

- Need for Speed, October 29th

- Star Wars Battlefront, November 12th

Quite looking forward to Need for Speed, a guilty pleasure series for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Quite looking forward to Need for Speed, a guilty pleasure series for me!

The last one (Rivals) was the worst one I played. Found it dreadful.

Luckily I got it as part of Access.

I actually quite enjoyed Rivals for what it was... Got very repetitive though pretty quickly

New game looks like going back to more traditional NFS type game, and the gameplay looks great apart from that dodgy drift camera angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

maximoose wrote: »
    Have tried about 10 now, dunno what the problem is!

Edit: After googling found the solution is to log in on the web app and change the name through there
    Have you a link for the fifa 15 UT app? Google only returns the latest one.

Link here: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app

Access has now been removed from EA Access trial users though...

• Advertisement

Battlefield Hardline will be in the Vault from next Wednesday 14th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Awesome. I really enjoyed the trial but didn't want to pay for the full game so delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks for that Misky, wasn't sure when it would be added. Actually preferred the single player than multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

trixiebust wrote: »
    Thanks for that Misky, wasn't sure when it would be added. Actually preferred the single player than multiplayer.
    Great news. I loved the single player in the campaign demo ("Previously on Battlefield Hardline"), will look forward to finishing it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Looking forward to hardline single player tomorrow :-)

Noticed something interesting about this earlier that wasn't the case last year.

I have had a year subscription since last October.
    I got a bit itchy to play extra FIFA before launch so took out a one month option on my second account.

I went to cancel it earlier and it said I would be given a refund of e3.23(or similar) for the remaining SIX days.
    The second screen said e3.99, which was the full price.

Whether it comes or not I'm obviously not bothered as I got what I paid for but it would be crazy if I actually got 90% of the money back by cancelling this late.
    In theory if it works, you could pay by month and renew and it would cost less than e12 for a year.

I did extra subs last Sept for FIFA 15 so this refund policy certainly wasn't there then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Battlefield Hardline is now free in the vault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have you used them before Misky ? I'd never heard of them.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Have you used them before Misky ? I'd never heard of them.

Nope never used them myself. Spotted deal on reddit.com and a bunch of people have bought the code and redeemed it, a few minor hiccups but overall worked for everyone on there.

Advertisement