Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

With the trail versions of games can you play online multiplayer against people with the full retail version?

Say if I downloaded the 10 hour trail of Madden 16 can I play against my mate who owns the game on disc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Faker74 wrote: »
    With the trail versions of games can you play online multiplayer against people with the full retail version?

Say if I downloaded the 10 hour trail of Madden 16 can I play against my mate who owns the game on disc?

It's the full game, unrestricted*. You even get achievements.

*Except for the whole ten hour thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When using a trial make sure when you finish playing that you press quit over the game tile. Otherwise the time will keep ticking even if you navigate else where on the console. Make sure you don't leave it running and power off in instant on mode as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Make sure you don't leave it running and power off in instant on mode as well.

I use 'instant on' but didn't have any problems with Need for Speed continuing to run after I turned to console off in-game. Everytime I restarted the console, EA Access would tell me how many hours I had left before relaunching the game from the Home screen again. I think the app quits the game when you shut down the console because I was never able to hop straight back into exactly where I left it. Might just have been with Need for Speed though, not sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I used my 10 hours of FIFA 16 after playing 2 games from not quitting out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Battlefront trial is up supposedly.

I couldn't see it, as the console had to update so I couldn't set it downloading before I went to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Yeah it's there, 47% downloaded in 20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah it's there, 47% downloaded in 20 mins

Are you directly connected to the server? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

mines been downloading for 2 hours and its only at 64% :(

• Advertisement

Battlefront is gorgeous on XB1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Battlefront is gorgeous on XB1 :D

Sure is!

This game is great for background wallpapers! (Sorry for potato quality!)

VsQcQiR.jpg?1

rZEB4E5.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just checked the vault and couldn't see it, do I just search the Xbox store instead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

stuchyg wrote: »
    Just checked the vault and couldn't see it, do I just search the Xbox store instead

Won't be in the vault, it'll be in the free trials section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This game is great for background wallpapers! (Sorry for potato quality!)

VsQcQiR.jpg?1

rZEB4E5.jpg?1

How do you make that the wallpaper? Do a screenshot and save it as your background?

How long do the 10 hours of trail gameplay remain available for?

Do they take them down soon after the game launches?

Haven't used my one month free trail of EA Access yet, but don't want Battlefront to be gone before I sign in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Misky, are you running the beta firmware or has the new xbox dash gone live now?

I hate not being able to kick off the downlods remotely!
    Have to wait til I get home, and it won't be until after 7 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

How long do the 10 hours of trail gameplay remain available for?

Do they take them down soon after the game launches?

Haven't used my one month free trail of EA Access yet, but don't want Battlefront to be gone before I sign in!

The 10 hours last 10 hours as long as you have a subscription with EA Access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Misky, are you running the beta firmware or has the new xbox dash gone live now?

I hate not being able to kick off the downlods remotely!
    Have to wait til I get home, and it won't be until after 7 :mad:

New dash is live

• Advertisement

The 10 hours last 10 hours as long as you have a subscription with EA Access

Sorry if my question wasn't clear. Are the trails themselves pulled after a certain amount of time?

So Battlefront went live today, assuming I don't download it right now how long will it be in the trail section of EA access for after the game goes on sale?

Can I download it for the first time and start my 10 hour trail in a months time? 3 months? 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sorry if my question wasn't clear. Are the trails themselves pulled after a certain amount of time?

So Battlefront went live today, assuming I don't download it right now how long will it be in the trail section of EA access for after the game goes on sale?

Can I download it for the first time and start my 10 hour trail in a months time? 3 months? 6?

No, you can use the 10 whenever you like, it is never pulled.

Colemania wrote:
    How do you make that the wallpaper? Do a screenshot and save it as your background?

Yeah that's it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tempted to just bite the bullet and pre-order the Battlefront Access version, but I reckon it could be cheaper elsewhere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do I just go straight t the store to get the 10 hour trial? I went into the access app last night, into the battlefront shortcut on the main page which took me to store but could see no option for the trial anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do I just go straight t the store to get the 10 hour trial? I went into the access app last night, into the battlefront shortcut on the main page which took me to store but could see no option for the trial anywhere.

The app take you to the store where there are two options, 'Bundle Only' and 'Try it for Free', or something like that anyway. Select the 'Try it for Free' option and it should start downloading. That's what happened for me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

B_Sharp wrote: »
    The app take you to the store where there are two options, 'Bundle Only' and 'Try it for Free', or something like that anyway. Select the 'Try it for Free' option and it should start downloading. That's what happened for me anyway!

Ya make sure and select the standard edition of the game, thats the one with the trial.

Not the deluxe or ultimate editions.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could have sworn the only option I had was bundle only, will give it another look tonight.

Tempted to just bite the bullet and pre-order the Battlefront Access version, but I reckon it could be cheaper elsewhere.

Well if its e60 on the US store that would be e50ish and you certainly won't beat that.

Super Valu are the only possible competitors who could come close but unsurprisingly they didn't stock Fallout 4(bigger than COD but not to a suit) so this is unlikely.

The only lost cost will be the fact you cant trade in a game that will enter the vault(CEX usually still give e20 odd back by then)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Dumb question how do you quit out of a trial on ea access so as to not lose any of your remaining 10 hours

Advertisement