Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tiredness made me post this in another thread, but it actually belongs here:

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I have a feeling that purchasing EA Access uses EA rules rather than Microsofts, and they've got more restrictions on purchasing methods. From their website, it seems that they only accept "select" prepaid credit cards.

It's just my thoughts on it, more anecdotal than anything else, but normally if I buy anything from Microsoft, I get a Microsoft email and a tax receipt from Microsoft, but with EA Access, I just got an EA Access email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I definitely got a tax receipt for it after purchasing it last week using a debit card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I definitely got a tax receipt for it after purchasing it last week using a debit card.

Huh, maybe I didn't get one because it was a renewal. Ignore me then. :o

I just subbed for 1 month to try out Star wars and Need for speed.

I went on to xbox.com to turn off auto renew. It was due to expire tomorrow but one of the options was cancel now and get a refund.

Did that and the full E3.99 was put back into my paypal account. Basically got the full month for free. Is this a glitch in their system or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I went on to xbox.com to turn off auto renew. It was due to expire tomorrow but one of the options was cancel now and get a refund.

Did that and the full E3.99 was put back into my paypal account. Basically got the full month for free. Is this a glitch in their system or something?

Yeah it's been like that for past few months. Surprised they haven't caught on yet tbh :o

• Advertisement

I mentioned that a few months back.
    I took out a second sub for FIFA, cancelled really late and got the full amount back.

I do however hold a full year sub on my primary account so even if it worked more than once its of no real use to me.

Makes little sense though if it works month after month, hardly an industry standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

There's an EA Access members only sale going on since the 15th, with today being the last day.

It's mainly addons for Battlefield and Dragon Age, but NBA 16 can be got for €15 and Bruce Lee for UFC can be got for €3 :D

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/members-only-sale.html

marcbrophy wrote: »
    There's an EA Access members only sale going on since the 15th, with today being the last day.

It's mainly addons for Battlefield and Dragon Age, but NBA 16 can be got for €15 and Bruce Lee for UFC can be got for €3 :D

[url]
    http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/members-only-sale.html[/url]

I did see Battlefront for e45 which doesn't seem too bad if you're mainly a digital buyer.

Not sure was the same % off the same on the US store but it would have made it even cheaper as it was €45.

I did see Battlefront for e45 which doesn't seem too bad if you're mainly a digital buyer.

Not sure was the same % off the same on the US store but it would have made it even cheaper as it was €45.

Yeah it's about a 30% discount on a 1 month old game.
    Pretty big discount and I was tempted for a few seconds, but I soon got over it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Hey lads,

I just got a new xbox and signed up to ea access. I see you can have 10 hour trials of a few games. Do you have to do the 10 hours straight or can you break it up. I heard you can but you need to quit out of the game to make sure the count down doesnt continue. How do you quit out of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

You dont have to do the 10 straight just make sure that you close the game when you dont want to play or you use up your hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

You dont have to do the 10 straight just make sure that you close the game when you dont want to play or you use up your hours

Im new to xbox one, how do you close the game down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Fol20 wrote: »
    Im new to xbox one, how do you close the game down?

As far as I remember, go to dashboard, press the menu button while over the game, and then you should have an option to close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mcgovern wrote: »
    As far as I remember, go to dashboard, press the menu button while over the game, and then you should have an option to close.
    Or, just launch another game. The xbox can only run one game at a time, so launching a new game essentially closes the previous one.

(note: ensure that it is a game you launch, not an app - the Xbox can run multiple apps while keeping the game running or suspended in the background)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in argos on Xmess eve someone was going to buy UFC for the xbox one I think 50 euros or so it was. The game was for himself.

Turned to him and said why don't you get ea accuss and Google it for him as for 25 euros a year you get about 12 games incudeing fifa, UFC and titanfall.

He said that each accuss sounds like a waste of money and bought ufc. Jeses people you try help them save money and there not happy ha ha

Was in argos on Xmess eve someone was going to buy UFC for the xbox one I think 50 euros or so it was. The game was for himself.

Turned to him and said why don't you get ea accuss and Google it for him as for 25 euros a year you get about 12 games incudeing fifa, UFC and titanfall.

He said that each accuss sounds like a waste of money and bought ufc. Jeses people you try help them save money and there not happy ha ha

That's the type of people you have to deal with, what a knob :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lads I want to get ea access for my son, the non full game access as in the likes of battlefront,bf4 etc , how long does he get to play them?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dcully wrote: »
    Lads I want to get ea access for my son, the non full game access as in the likes of battlefront,bf4 etc , how long does he get to play them?

Bf4 is completely free..you get 10 hours unlimited play on the trial games including battlefront.
    Theres like 2 tiers for want of a better description.
    Theres the full games you get and the "demos"..not really demos but 10 hours access to the full games.
    Well worth a sub to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Dcully wrote: »

He will get BF 4, hard line and the likes include with EA access but the likes of battlefront you get 10 hour trail of it and thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Can I say a big "thanks" to this thread? (Well there, I kinda said it!) I know EA Access wasn't conceived here but you lads definitely brought it to my attention. I've had my xbone 3 or so weeks by now and I've yet to buy an actual game as I've been too busy playing titanfall, battlefield(s) etc.

All it's missing for me is one of the Tiger/Rory golf games and if only PES was EA :(

Best £20 I can remember spending in 25ish years of cultivating arthritis in my hands!

theteal wrote: »
    Can I say a big "thanks" to this thread? (Well there, I kinda said it!) I know EA Access wasn't conceived here but you lads definitely brought it to my attention. I've had my xbone 3 or so weeks by now and I've yet to buy an actual game as I've been too busy playing titanfall, battlefield(s) etc.

All it's missing for me is one of the Tiger/Rory golf games and if only PES was EA :(

Best £20 I can remember spending in 25ish years of cultivating arthritis in my hands!

There's a 10 hour trial of the McIlroy game I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

And I'd guess it isn't far off being added to the vault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

There's a 10 hour trial of the McIlroy game I think.

How often does stuff go up there? Can we set up email alerts?

I've not checked back in to the EA Access app since my first day, too busy enjoying the cr@p out of titanfall

Just follow this thread.

One of us here will always post when there's something new being added to the vault or the list of upcoming 10 hour trials.

You could follow @eaaccess on twitter too, but they tend to spam a bit with the auld marketing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

Lads i appear to still have an ea access subscription until sep 2016 but when i try to get battlefield hardline in the vault it brings me to store page i think and shows me a few options.. standard/delux etc all with prices..

The standard one is 39e to buy and next to it says 35.99 ea access

I presumed this was free to download as i'm a ea access subscriber??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

bonkers wrote: »
    Lads i appear to still have an ea access subscription until sep 2016 but when i try to get battlefield hardline in the vault it brings me to store page i think and shows me a few options.. standard/delux etc all with prices..

The standard one is 39e to buy and next to it says 35.99 ea access

I presumed this was free to download as i'm a ea access subscriber??

you have to go into the EA access app to download games from the vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

yea thats what i did, but when i click install i get redirected to the store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

bonkers wrote: »
    yea thats what i did, but when i click install i get redirected to the store?
    You get redirected from the EA Access app to the store to complete the purchase. In my case it lists the options Install, a price, game hub.

If you click Install, it should just install at no cost. The price is listed (with 10% Access Discount) in case you wanted to buy it.

Are you seeing different options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Signed up for EA Access last night, downloaded their app and had a peek at the Vault. However, I don't see all the games they advertise on their site as being in the vault. For example, I saw all the sports games, NFS Rivals, and the two kids games, but no Battlefield, no Titanfall.

I initially thought it might not show any games rated 16 or above, but upon restarting the application, I was given the option to play the Battlefront trial, which is rated 16, same as Titanfall.

Anyone else seen something like this?

Advertisement