Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nothing extra is required. Once the game comes is as part of the Vault, if you had previous downloaded to time limited Trial (which is the full game), the system already recognises this when you start the game the next time after it was in the Vault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Madden 16 is now in the vault. It might not show up in the vault app but it's available through store search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Madden 16 is now in the vault. It might not show up in the vault app but it's available through store search.

Deadly

Is everyone expecting a April timeframe for Rory and May\June for Fifa16?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep. Think we might see Rory next month, it's heavily discounted at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

It is actually quite good going by my first game. Don't forget there is a boards.ie Madden league! Two games a week. I used to be in it and I am rejoining. Good craic and a much better way to play the game in comparison to playing the CPU and playing against other people online who have no decorum with regards 4th down and kickoff etiquette :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

It's a pain not knowing when things are going to enter the vault. Really tempted by McIlroy at the moment for €16. Obviously it's going in the vault at some stage but if it's not for 3/4 months, I could probably justify paying 16 quid to get it earlier.

B_Sharp wrote: »
    It's a pain not knowing when things are going to enter the vault. Really tempted by McIlroy at the moment for €16. Obviously it's going in the vault at some stage but if it's not for 3/4 months, I could probably justify paying 16 quid to get it earlier.

Me too. I recommend you do a 1 euro accum bet on 4 or 5 certs, make your 16 euro then purchase the game and enjoy it

Simples

Nalz wrote: »
    Me too. I recommend you do a 1 euro accum bet on 4 or 5 certs, make your 16 euro then purchase the game and enjoy it

Simples

If only gambling was that easy. A e1 accum returning e16 would take a fair amount of "dead certs".
    Id say Rory will be in fairly soon. Its out nearly a year now so its probably not too far away.
    Id personally take the subscription out and leave the game unless its something you REALLY want and cant wait.

As someone who loves Golf, I found that I barely played the trial and you might find similar once you play it.

Another cheap alternative you could try is the Golf Club.
    Its a more simulated experience of the game and you should get your moneys worth.
    Also has a course builder so you can play new courses each time or design your own to decent standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

As someone who loves Golf, I found that I barely played the trial and you might find similar once you play it.

Should clarify, I have an EA Access sub. I played the 10 hours of McIlroy and enjoyed it. It's not ground-breaking or anything but scratched my itch.
    Another cheap alternative you could try is the Golf Club.

I have the Golf Club as well. I liked aspects of it, the handicap system was cool, as were the user-made courses, but it's fairly barebones. McIlroy is pretty paired back compared to past iterations as well but it has, for me, a better career mode and the licenscing is an added bonus.

To be honest, I've such a backlog on Xbox and PC, I have enough to keep me going until it's free so I should just wait. It's weird tho. If EA Access didn't exist, I would have bought McIlroy ages ago. Instead, I'm holding back on a game I want to play just to get it for free!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm still laughing at the fact this costs me just 25 per year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

EA Access for a year for €22.99 on this site https://www.xbox-live.com/en/1079-buy-ea-access-pass-12-months-xbox-one/

Is Unravel early access this week ?

Is Unravel early access this week ?

It's out now, first 2 levels or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's out now, first 2 levels or something like that.

Ah sweet, anyone tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Played it for a few mins earlier. Really good so far and the music is great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's really good. I don't usually like these kinds of games but every now and then a great platformer grabs my attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played it for a few mins earlier. Really good so far and the music is great in it.

Def going to pick it up. I don't buy to many indie games but got Ori (really need to get back into it) and loved the music and atmosphere in it. Hopefully this could be just as good.

Or €11 from South Africa :pac:

Have you got it this way or are you just stating the price?.

Mine is up on Sunday[what a quick year its been :( ] so I'm looking to renew.

Have you got it this way or are you just stating the price?.

Mine is up on Sunday[what a quick year its been :( ] so I'm looking to renew.

That was a game; Unravel I was referring to as being €11 from South Africa. Not sure where's cheapest for EA Access. Hungary is €19ish per year afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That was a game; Unravel I was referring to as being €11 from South Africa. Not sure where's cheapest for EA Access. Hungary is €19ish per year afaik.

Yup Hungary is the cheapest.

• Advertisement

Loaded up earlier only to remember my sub ran out on Sunday.

Said id just try BF anyway and sure enough it loaded up.
    Cant afford a new sub until Thursday so be nice if this lasted at least a few days.

Worth updating on this.

After my year sub ran out, it continued to work the day after as mentioned above.

Anyway to clarify as I didn't know this.

Your trials are still valid after the sub runs out.
    I was able to go back to battlefront yesterday evening.

Suppose its handy for someone who won't get much done in a month but wants to try some of the non vault games in bulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks like we get UFC 2 on trial from March 10th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

First backwards compatible game added go the vault. Plants vs Zombie...

Mixed feelings on this. I think they've slowed down the turnout of games recently. Hopefully this doesn't mean we are waiting longer for FIFA. Rory mac, battlefront etc

Of course there are a few 360 games that would be great if added to the vault

http://m.windowscentral.com/ea-access-now-offers-backwards-compatible-games-starting-plants-vs-zombies?utm_source=wpc&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Worth updating on this.

After my year sub ran out, it continued to work the day after as mentioned above.

Anyway to clarify as I didn't know this.

Your trials are still valid after the sub runs out.
    I was able to go back to battlefront yesterday evening.

Suppose its handy for someone who won't get much done in a month but wants to try some of the non vault games in bulk.

Trail is only usable as long as the subscription is active.

Had 8 hours left on a trail recently and couldn't go back in until i updated my subscription,

Faker74 wrote: »
    Trail is only usable as long as the subscription is active.

Had 8 hours left on a trail recently and couldn't go back in until i updated my subscription,

I can still confirm that my trials are active.

Tried both Battlefront and Madden.

My sub ran out a few weeks ago too.

To clarify, I had a year sub. Maybe months work different.

"UFC 2" 10 hour trial is available on EA Access now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

"UFC 2" 10 hour trial is available on EA Access now.

Sweet!

Can you kick off the d/l remotely yet? :)

whens Rory coming!!!!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

Nalz wrote: »
    whens Rory coming!!!!!!! :)

Looks like we'll have to wait. NHL 16 coming next week. 29/03

Advertisement