Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Will Fifa be available from midnight, or will it be later in the morning?

I don't really want to play it tonight (or I'll prob be late for work tomorrow :D), but it'd be nice to kick off the download and play it straight after work tomorrow!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Will Fifa be available from midnight, or will it be later in the morning?

I don't really want to play it tonight (or I'll prob be late for work tomorrow :D), but it'd be nice to kick off the download and play it straight after work tomorrow!

The NHL trial was supposed to be out on the 8th but did show up on the 7th around 8pm - 10pm so I'm hoping it's the same for FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The NHL trial was supposed to be out on the 8th but did show up on the 7th around 8pm - 10pm so I'm hoping it's the same for FIFA.

We'll probably find out as the evening progresses then!
    If it's early enough, I might be able to get in a game or 2 before bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

FIFA 17 trial available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Quick question for you all :)

I recently bought 12 months sub for EA access and its been great.

Decided to buy some of the DLC for Dragons Age Inquisition as I have a disk copy of the game anyway. Bought the DLC in the recent deals with Gold

When I went to play it, I had forgotten to put in the disk and it played anyway? It shows up on EA access as 'play' or buy but I didnt have to download anything other than an update.

Am I right in thinking that while I have the subscription, I wont have to use the disk but if the subscription runs out, I will?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

That is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

amadablam wrote: »
    Quick question for you all :)

I recently bought 12 months sub for EA access and its been great.

Decided to buy some of the DLC for Dragons Age Inquisition as I have a disk copy of the game anyway.

When I went to play it, I had forgotten to put in the disk and it played anyway? It shows up on EA access as 'play' or buy but I didnt have to download anything other than an update.

Am I right in thinking that while I have the subscription, I wont have to use the disk but if the subscription runs out, I will?

Thanks
    Yep, that is absolutely correct -as long as your Sub is valid and the game is in the vault it will work like a digital copy, when your sub runs out you will need the disc again to start the game.

And you would also get a 10% discount on buying the DLC as well (and will keep the DLC even if your Sub runs out).

Did this auto download for anyone?

Especially someone without access.

My sub ran out two months ago, turned on the Xbox and left the room, came back to a notification that I hadn't enough space for FIFA.

I haven't pre ordered either.

No doubt it won't work in the end but I started the download anyway to see what happens... I'll get it at some point so no harm pre installing either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Did this auto download for anyone?

No doubt it won't work in the end but I started the download anyway to see what happens... I'll get it at some point so no harm pre installing either way.

Are you game sharing with someone?

Either they bought FIFA or they have EA Access.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Are you game sharing with someone?

Either they bought FIFA or they have EA Access.

No.

It says it isn't available to play yet.

The store says "buy" and trial... The game itself in the install screen said "Pre-Order" so I double checked my account on the laptop to see did I pre order by mistake and its not listed.

I guess ill see what happens on launch.

I'm not expecting it to work but the whole thing seems odd tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

News out on whats next in the vault.

Battlefront and UFC2 are coming as well as some more Popcap games.

No dates yet as the link to the news isnt active yet.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/coming-soon-fall-2016.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

Popcap games are there now. Bejewelled 2&3, feeding frenzy 1 & 2, Zuma and heavy weapon.

Also can't seem to find a date for the other two games

Which feeding frenzy is better 😂😂😂

Buttros wrote: »
    Popcap games are there now. Bejewelled 2&3, feeding frenzy 1 & 2, Zuma and heavy weapon.

Also can't seem to find a date for the other two games

Which feeding frenzy is better 😂😂😂

Yeah, just seen that. The dates should have been stated on the link I posted only EA f'd up and haven't made it viewable yet.

Yeah, just seen that. The dates should have been stated on the link I posted only EA f'd up and haven't made it viewable yet.

The article is now live. No dates specified for Battlefront or UFC2, but it does state that Mirrors Edge Catalyst will also be available on Access by years end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've never bothered with an EA Access Sub because of my backlog but it's getting to the stage I really need to consider it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've never bothered with an EA Access Sub because of my backlog but it's getting to the stage I really need to consider it :D

I don't even play many ea access games but for 25 quid a year its worth the choice anytime you want. Great service and long may it continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Happy enough with UFC 2. I managed to log a good few hours into the first game even though it wasn't the most polished experience, almost got to the point where I considered actually buying the second game :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

This membership is the main reason I bought an Xbox One and I don't regret a thing. Crazy value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The article is now live. No dates specified for Battlefront or UFC2, but it does state that Mirrors Edge Catalyst will also be available on Access by years end.

I'd say Battlefront will be timed to coincide with Rogue One later in the year.

Battlefield 1 trial out Thursday.

I know there's only 2 playable missions but can't wait to try out the campaign!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Looking forward to that.

Actually it could be out tomorrow night. NHL and Fifa came out the night before the official release date.

It's letting me download the BF1 trial on EA access. Not sure if it will let me play it once it's downloaded though.

It's letting me download the BF1 trial on EA access. Not sure if it will let me play it once it's downloaded though.

Been playing on PC since just after 2 today

It will, folks on my friends list are playing away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

Just seen this posted on the xbox live site for EA Access join for one month and get another free

Join EA Access today and get your second month FREE with PayPal plus the chance to win the new Xbox One S

Cant post the link!

Got an email from EA stating that UFC and Mirrors Edge will join the Vault next month, while Battlefront will join in December.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst enters the vault next Wednesday November 9th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And so, another game enters my backlog....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Surely this will really hurt new game sales if they release it so soon. Battlefront took a year but Mirrors Edge will have only been out like what 3 months?

Advertisement