Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Battlefront enters the vault on the 13th of December.

Love when this thread is bumped! Always good news :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Brilliant, so glad I held off buying it now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Brilliant, so glad I held off buying it now

Seriously, why buy any EA game nowadays? Amazing value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

do they ever take games out of the vault?
    Im on a month free trial, but will be renewing a 12month sub cause of big choice of games. the kids love plants vs zombies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

BadCharlie wrote: »
    do they ever take games out of the vault?
    Im on a month free trial, but will be renewing a 12month sub cause of big choice of games. the kids love plants vs zombies

As far as I remember, EA have said that the will never remove games from the vault.

Here is an article on Gamespot about it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-promises-not-to-remove-games-from-ea-access-fre/1100-6421567/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Will the free 3 month trial stack with paid membership?
    I realised I never used up the free trial and planning on getting 12 months for Christmas

Star Wars battlefront can be downloaded now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

5re78mG.jpg?1

Could be downloaded anyway, as long as you installed the trial.

• Advertisement

Going to take 2 days at least for me to download. 3 meg line :(
    Still downloading the other vault games. Should be finished in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I find your lack of faith.... Disturbing.

Review_MBAdmiralMotti_stillA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

After a bit is downloaded, you can play as Darth Vader, and with a handful of soldiers, dispatch loads and loads of rebels that are attacking the Hoth base. While downloading the rest of the game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My nephew who is 8, on Saturday through the normal MS store on the Xbox and only went and bought Star Wars Battlefront - €26!!! I was in a different room and only realised when the receipt came through to my phone :eek::o:(
    I just had to laugh - I knew it was due to hit the Access soon enough. Not 3 days later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

GBX wrote: »
    My nephew who is 8, on Saturday through the normal MS store on the Xbox and only went and bought Star Wars Battlefront - €26!!! I was in a different room and only realised when the receipt came through to my phone :eek::o:(
    I just had to laugh - I knew it was due to hit the Access soon enough. Not 3 days later though.

Should have rang microsoft they refunded me after my son bought Farm simulator :D

Currently upto 50% off all Star Wars Battlefront dlc for EA Access subscribers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

What do people think of titanfall 2 chance of hitting ea access down the road seening as we didnt get a proper trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tkd93 wrote: »
    What do people think of titanfall 2 chance of hitting ea access down the road seening as we didnt get a proper trial?

Did Respawn not say that TF2 will not be going to EA Access?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Apologies this has prob been posted before and ive checked around but can't seem to get it fixed.

Signed up to Ea access, but it keeps telling me my account is in active even though my B/A has been debited.

I have tried logging in and out but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thinking of joining access and have a few questions. I see there are 38 games in the vault and EA have said they won't remove any of these games.
    Once you have signed up to EA access, you can download any/all of these games, correct? What happens to the games on your Xbox if your subscription ends? I presume you cannot play the games anymore? How does it check if your subscription is still active? Does the Xbox have to go online to check your subscription every time you start a game you've downloaded from the vault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BDJW wrote: »
    Once you have signed up to EA access, you can download any/all of these games, correct? Yes

What happens to the games on your Xbox if your subscription ends? They remain on your xbox, unless you manually remove them

I presume you cannot play the games anymore? You presume correctly

How does it check if your subscription is still active? By pinging your account on the EA servers

Does the Xbox have to go online to check your subscription every time you start a game you've downloaded from the vault? Yes, however this is a seemless background process

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

CDkeys has the 12 months EA Access code for €21.65 with the 5% discount code from their facebook page, €22.79 without the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

marcbrophy wrote: »
    :)

Thanking you kindly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

nava wrote: »
    CDkeys has the 12 months EA Access code for €21.65 with the 5% discount code from their facebook page, €22.79 without the code.

Just in time for me to renew :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

GBX wrote: »
    Just in time for me to renew :D

You can have at least 2 more on top of the active membership, I have now until August 2019

Battlefield 2 bad company
    And
    Battlefield 3
    Free in the vault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Had a feeling they would do that eventually looking forward to finally finishing bf3 off :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Glad I didn't buy them in CEX now

Not seeing the Battlefield ones there at the moment :confused:

Also cdkeys do 1 month memberships for €2.29 I think if you don't think you'll get use of it for 12. I know I've no interest in the sports ones and have played most of the rest.

• Advertisement

Not seeing the Battlefield ones there at the moment :confused:

Also cdkeys do 1 month memberships for €2.29 I think if you don't think you'll get use of it for 12. I know I've no interest in the sports ones and have played most of the rest.

I'm downloading them at the moment. Today was the first day I could see them in the vault.

Advertisement