Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Mass Effect Andromeda trial is now live, download is 43GB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't remember the last time I was so stoked for a game. I've played through the original Triology and the DA games so often, I am so happy to finally get a new game to add to the catalogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

The Mass Effect Andromeda trial is now live, download is 43GB.
    I was wondering about this, I set it to download last night. Do trials download the whole game and only give you access to a limited part?
    I downloaded the Battlefield 1 Trial last month and bought the game through the Xbox Store the following week and as soon as I bought it it was ready to play, no further download

skerry wrote: »
    I was wondering about this, I set it to download last night. Do trials download the whole game and only give you access to a limited part?
    I downloaded the Battlefield 1 Trial last month and bought the game through the Xbox Store the following week and as soon as I bought it it was ready to play, no further download

Thats been the case with nearly all of the trials, saves and progress , achievements etc all carried over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

skerry wrote: »
    That's absolutely correct.

It's not a demo, it's trial access to the full game. You download the full game and it allows you to play a certain portion or time (for Mass Effect you get about 60-90 minutes into the single-player campaign or essentially the first planet, the unused remainder of the 10 hour trial you can use in multiplayer). All achievements and progress is saved.

After you buy the game, it unlocks the rest of it for you - no further download necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

EA Access Trial for Mass Effect is quite generous. I thought that the Single Player portion was for the first planet that you landed on and was surprised that it went on for a good bit after that. There are lots of back and forth quests and talking with everyone I was able to fill up about 8 hours of Single Player before I hit the end of the trial.

Then I started on the Multiplayer. Damn. I had forgotten how addictive Mass Effect Multi Player really was. Instantly bought the game after using up the full 10 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

NHL 17 is now in the vault.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I wonder do they still have that thing were you can stop the hockey for a fist fight? That's the only way I'd be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    I wonder do they still have that thing were you can stop the hockey for a fist fight? That's the only way I'd be interested.

They sure do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I downloaded NHL 16 a couple of weeks ago and haven't even played it yet!
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    They sure do :D

That is exactly what I was looking to hear :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Remember this?

14344_front.jpg

What a game, I'd love a new version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

maximoose wrote: »
    Remember this?

14344_front.jpg

What a game, I'd love a new version

I've been playing it on the original Xbox for the last few days. Brilliant game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So NHL 16 is free and you also get 10 hours demo of 17? Am I right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

GBX wrote: »
    So NHL 16 is free and you also get 10 hours demo of 17? Am I right?

NHL 17 is free

I only renewed my subscription at the start of march but when I go to the vault its showing €62.99. Onlu showing 16 for free

GBX wrote: »
    I only renewed my subscription at the start of march but when I go to the vault its showing €62.99. Onlu showing 16 for free

Go to your ready to install list in my games and apps. Should be there.

Of course.. Forgot that part. :D:o Thanks

FIFA 17, Medal Of Honour : Airborne & Dragon Age: Origins are all now in the vault

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Medal Of Honour : Airborne any good?

Shít, gotta get rid of that disc version of Fifa now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

They aren't in just yet - Fifa doesn't go in until the 21st, the other two are "on the way"

marcbrophy wrote:
    Shít, gotta get rid of that disc version of Fifa now!

21 cash, 28 vouucher CeX right now. That will drop VERY fast so SELL SELL SELL!

Already down from the 24 cash it was on Friday!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

MiskyBoyy wrote:

It would be handy if they sold the EA Access subs so i could just do a straight swap 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Trade in at Gamestop, use your GS Card if you have it to get the 10% extra credit and buy EA Access or Xbox Credit.
    Thats what i did with GTA when it was on sale in the Xbox Store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was wondering the same thing myself

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Trade in at Gamestop, use your GS Card if you have it to get the 10% extra credit and buy EA Access or Xbox Credit. Thats what i did with GTA when it was on sale in the Xbox Store

If i forgot my GS card can they still find my account on their system by using my name or email? And how much are they offering for FIFA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DanC90 wrote: »
    If i forgot my GS card can they still find my account on their system by using my name or email? And how much are they offering for FIFA?

They can. Think they can also issue you a replacement card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If I recall correctly, it reviewed okay at the time, nothing great. It suffered from the fact that COD:MW was coming out that year, and suddenly FPS set in the modern era were in vogue. Airborne looked kinda old school in comparison.

The main innovation in it was the fact that you parachute into the level at the start, choosing where you landed. I enjoyed the demo at the time, but like everyone else, I moved on to COD then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The modern warfare series <3

Advertisement