Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EA Access games will be added to the service permanently, says Peter Moore
    Games added to the EA Access library on Xbox One will remain there, with Electronic Arts' suite of offerings through the subscription service being "permanent," chief operating office Peter Moore told CVG.

"The Vault will get its share of AAA titles," Moore said. "We haven't made any announcements to that extent about exactly when, where and how, but the Vault will be substantial."

"New game additions will be determined by franchise and timing," he explained. "We have to make decisions along that way, so there's no template, like 30 days after a game ships it goes into the Vault.

"I think one of the key things is that once a game goes into the Vault it stays there, it's not going to be taken out, that's a commitment we've made," he added.

Sounds good. No word yet on whether your access to the Vault is reset if you drop the subscription and rejoin though.

Still waiting for Ubisoft Access though.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just got an email available for every1 now in the game store I had to search for it but hav downedloaded now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Otacon wrote: »
    EA Access games will be added to the service permanently, says Peter Moore

Sounds good. No word yet on whether your access to the Vault is reset if you drop the subscription and rejoin though.

Still waiting for Ubisoft Access though.
    What do you mean by reset? I can't work out what you mean by this

I'll say this for the service, it is painfully slow to download from. Madden 25 is taking a fecking age. 35mims and only 17% through.... Come on ya slow mofo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'll say this for the service, it is painfully slow to download from. Madden 25 is taking a fecking age. 35mims and only 17% through.... Come on ya slow mofo!

must be you're internet mate, I downloaded battlefield in 60minutes on my connection :P

this is definitily great value, never played a madden game before but always meant to buy one as I like american football. Plus I traded in battlefield 4 so the service is paid for
    this is a subcription I can see myself holding onto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can you pay for the year in Ireland which is 3.99? How much does it cost? Also any way to buy the US subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I had no problems, im not sure how long it took, but within about 45 mins while I was playing Fifa online I had 89%, if I'd switched off the console it would probably be a lot quicker.

Can you pay for the year in Ireland which is 3.99? How much does it cost? Also any way to buy the US subscription?

a year for Ireland one is 25e
    US costs 29.99$ so no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The price difference for a year membership is negligible ($29 is about €23, plus bank charge for non-Euro transaction ... The Euro Price is €24.99). Hardly worth the hassle ...

But, for buying Full Games and DLC with additional 10% off, I think I may be switching to the US Marketplace :D

What do you mean by reset? I can't work out what you mean by this

As games get added to the service, one way of incentivising people to stay subscribed would be to remove access to older titles from the Vault if you stop and then restart your payments. If someone does re-sub, they would then only get whatever the latest batch of games added to the service, rather than access to everything from the start, thus 'reseting' their access.

As I said, there has not been any confirmation either way whether this will happen.

• Advertisement

Octacon wrote:
    As games get added to the service, one way of incentivising people to stay subscribed would be to remove access to older titles from the Vault if you stop and then restart your payments. If someone does re-sub, they would then only get whatever the latest batch of games added to the service, rather than access to everything from the start, thus 'reseting' their access.

As I said, there has not been any confirmation either way whether this will happen.

There has been a confirmation by Peter Moore, Chief Operating Officer at Electronic Arts.
    "I think one of the key things is that once a game goes into the Vault it stays there, it's not going to be taken out, that's a commitment we've made."

Or Michael Lewis, Lead Producer for EA Access.
    “We don’t have any plans to remove games from The Vault. As an example, even if Madden NFL 15 were to enter The Vault at some point, you’d still be able to keep playing Madden NFL 25 if you like.”

That's not to say that in 2018 they will still have multiplayer servers still up for Madden 25 (the 2014 game), but you will probably still be able to play offline.

There has been a confirmation by Peter Moore, Chief Operating Officer at Electronic Arts.

Or Michael Lewis, Lead Producer for EA Access.

That's not to say that in 2018 they will still have multiplayer servers still up for Madden 25 (the 2014 game), but you will probably still be able to play offline.

The original post I made also confirmed that games would not be removed from the Vault, but there is no confirmation that users whose subscription ends and then re-sub at a later date will have continued access to all of the title within it.

Also, it's a quoted post. How did you get my username wrong?

:(

The original post I made also confirmed that games would not be removed from the Vault, but there is no confirmation that users whose subscription ends and then re-sub at a later date will have continued access to all of the title within it.

Kotaku have a post with details from an interview with a representative from the company’s corporate communications team as well as Michael Lewis, the lead producer for EA Access

Q. Will you lose access to the games included in The Vault if you cancel your subscription? Will players retain their progress in a given game if they cancel their subscription for whatever reason and then decide to come back?

A. Games in The Vault are available as long as you are a member. Also, progress within the game is saved — so even if you lapse as a member, then decide to come back, you’ll be able to pick up where you left off.

Q. Will progress carry over to standalone EA titles as well? So: say I first start playing Battlefield 4 when I become an EA Access member. Could I then cancel my subscription and purchase a standalone copy of Battlefield and still have my progress carry over?

A. Your games and your progress are handled the same way as any other game on Xbox One, meaning that your game and progress is saved locally on your machine. If you decide to end your membership but purchase the game, either physically or digitally, any progress will then carry over. In the scenario you’ve outlined here, you’d be able to just load your Battlefield 4 game and pick up where you left off.
    Also, it's a quoted post. How did you get my username wrong?
    :(
    I'd been cutting and pasting the quotes from Peter Moore and Michael Lewis and forgot to 'Quote' your original post so copied and pasted that as well - just misspelled your name. Simple typo, nothing more. :o

Kotaku have a post with details from an interview with a representative from the company’s corporate communications team as well as Michael Lewis, the lead producer for EA Access

That answers that then. Hadn't seen that interview.
    I'd been cutting and pasting the quotes from Peter Moore and Michael Lewis and forgot to 'Quote' your original post so copied and pasted that as well - just misspelled your name. Simple typo, nothing more. :o

No problem. Better than the usual Octagon!

They have said that they don't plan on removing content from the Vault - that, explicitly, their plan is that once it is in the Vault it will remain there. They have the 'out' in the terms and conditions in case they do have to remove a title for some unforseen issue, but it isn't planned to be part of a process that titles will be cycled out.

I don't see why they would have commented on your point either way, based on what they have said there is no need. Stuff in the vault, stays in the vault - and they said that if you stop, and then start, your access you'll have access to the save files (so therefor games) you had previously

I don't see why they would have commented on your point either way, based on what they have said there is no need. Stuff in the vault, stays in the vault - and they said that if you stop, and then start, your access you'll have access to the save files (so therefor games) you had previously

The original article I read (the one from my OP) didn't mention didn't mention the bolded bit, hence my question, as that was sort of how PS+ worked (a comparable service).

Anyway, I've seen Fingleberries link now so that question has been answered for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Downloaded the EA Access Hub last night and got Fifa and Battlefield. Its actually outrageous value considering the price of new games. I would happily have paid €50 or even €100 for the year if there were 10+ quality games on there which is looking likely. If Sky Go would only cop on and work on the Xbox One id be one v v happy customer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just a suggestion, maybe the topic title should change from "EA Access" coming to Xbox One to something like "EA Access on Xbox One" since its fully released now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just a suggestion, maybe the topic title should change from "EA Access" coming to Xbox One to something like "EA Access on Xbox One" since its fully released now.

Makes sense :o

Downloaded the EA Access Hub last night and got Fifa and Battlefield. Its actually outrageous value considering the price of new games. I would happily have paid €50 or even €100 for the year if there were 10+ quality games on there which is looking likely. If Sky Go would only cop on and work on the Xbox One id be one v v happy customer
    Absolutely. I already owned FIFA and Peggle and had been on the fence about BF4 for a long time because of the issues at launch.

When it looked like it was going to be 50% off on DwG (€30), I was seriously tempted (before it didn't show up, but now we know why).

After signing up for EA Access, I've essentially got it for €25 and have Madden 25 to go with it. :)
    Even if I don't renew next year, it's unlikely that I will still be playing it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Done :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Noticed NFL in gamestop today. 55 quid second hand.

25 quid for the digital copy with this, Peggle 2 a fee bonus and more free stuff to come over the year. Sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It is stuff like the ea access that has me smiling from ear to ear all due to going with the XBox one at launch... so glad I didn't listen to all the hype re ps4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It is stuff like the ea access that has me smiling from ear to ear all due to going with the XBox one at launch... so glad I didn't listen to all the hype re ps4

Personally speaking, I'm just glad that Microsoft have realised that they are losing badly, and are doing everything they can to make the Xbox One an easier sell.

EA Access, Tomb Raider and the speed with which Xbox One is getting updates, it's quite frankly amazing for a company that was known to be quite unresponsive just 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Signed up for this on saturday as had been looking at Madden for a while. The fact that BF4 and peggle 2 are included was just a no brainer to me. Fair play to EA for doing this and to microsoft for not putting up barriers unllike Sony.

No for a plex app and I will be more happy.

Only downside now is the amount of space on the drive lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Tippex wrote: »
    Signed up for this on saturday as had been looking at Madden for a while. The fact that BF4 and peggle 2 are included was just a no brainer to me. Fair play to EA for doing this and to microsoft for not putting up barriers unllike Sony.

No for a plex app and I will be more happy.

Only downside now is the amount of space on the drive lol

And thats even fixable with the COD bundle and/or an external HDD drive.

So glad the Xbox is in a much better position than it was in November..
    Microsoft have been iterating their dashboard at a steady pace & stuff like the updates & EA Access are proving Microsoft isn't ready to cede this generation to Sony..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"Lace up your cleats, because the Madden NFL 15 free trial starts Thursday for EA Access members. You'll get six gameplay hours with the full game. That's multiplayer, Madden Ultimate Team, Franchise mode, and everything in between. Your progress will carry over should you choose to buy the game. http://bit.ly/1AsSj6G
    What mode are you going to play first with your trial?"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EAAccess/photos/a.143123539191514.1073741828.141502686020266/144251225745412/?type=1&theater

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Lace up your cleats, because the Madden NFL 15 free trial starts Thursday for EA Access members. You'll get six gameplay hours with the full game. That's multiplayer, Madden Ultimate Team, Franchise mode, and everything in between. Your progress will carry over should you choose to buy the game. http://bit.ly/1AsSj6G
    What mode are you going to play first with your trial?"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EAAccess/photos/a.143123539191514.1073741828.141502686020266/144251225745412/?type=1&theater

I want too like madden but even the americans hatw the game, madden 25 is dead online, people quit out if they lose the coin toss or if their more then 7 points down, its quite bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Join the boards franchise. although numbers are limited with the switch to XB1 it its great to play with people who take it seriously like a real game and dont try an onside kick every 5 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Does Fifa 15 full game come with ea access or only the few days early access?

Advertisement