Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

brijay wrote: »
    Does Fifa 15 full game come with ea access or only the few days early access?
    FIFA 14 = Free (rather, included in the sub)
    FIFA 15 = 5 Days early access to full game + 10% discount.

(FIFA 15, No EA Access = Demo, one match only)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

FIFA 14 = Free (rather, included in the sub)
    FIFA 15 = 5 Days early access to full game + 10% discount.

(FIFA 15, No EA Access = Demo, one match only)

Yeah it will be the 5 days early access of something similar to the NFL early access that's currently on. You'll get 6 hours or so to play as much of the full game as you want starting from 5 days before the games full release.

A lot of people misunderstood the 5 days early access and thought it was 5 whole days of playtime, madness I say! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I want too like madden but even the americans hatw the game, madden 25 is dead online, people quit out if they lose the coin toss or if their more then 7 points down, its quite bad

As Carroller says, there's a fantastic Madden forum here on Boards. Plenty of proper, sim-style games available over there and a dedicated franchise mode.

Well worth popping over if you're interested in the game.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I want too like madden but even the americans hatw the game, madden 25 is dead online, people quit out if they lose the coin toss or if their more then 7 points down, its quite bad

In fairness though the games are FAR too long to sit through an online trouncing.
    It's something like 5min quarters and the clock is obviously stopped for large portions meaning it can be 40+ mins.

I think less people would quit if it was a 2min quarter as the beating could only get so high.
    The time and being a novice just put me off the online games fairly quick.

Undecided but hopefully there's enough of a backlash over the Madden Access.
    If I didn't sell my BF and require Access I'd cancel my sub now as this was a sneaky move.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A lot of people misunderstood the 5 days early access and thought it was 5 whole days of playtime, madness I say! :P

Not sure if you're serious there or aware that EA ran a season ticket for the past two years which included exactly 5 days early access to their sports game.
    It was overpriced at E30 for the lot or E10 a pop and I got it for FIFA 13 myself.

People thought it was 5 days as that's what the older offer was(well it was listed as 3 days but the US being a few days earlier for releases meant you could get it for 5 days here).
    I have to say, 6 hours access is an insult... why bother getting excited for the game early in the week for a measly few hours play, you'd be better off leaving it till Thursday before using the access.

I don't see what they're gaining by limiting access, you're still downloading the full game and likely to purchase regardless of it being 6 hours or 5 days.

Those extra 4 days are hardly going to satisfy your requirements for playing the game, to impact sales so it's just cheap move on their part in my opinion.

I think this will hurt the subscriptions and bar BF, I'd be cancelling mine too.

But seeing that I still have another load of hours to play of BF, I'll need another 2/3 months(which still puts me in profit since I sold it for E26 before subscribing for a month}.

I'm not one to get up in arms over moves gaming companies or platform providers make as most are business decisions, yet gamers see themselves as more than customers who have more entitlements or rights..... but I just think this move is bad practice and only comes off bad on EA who wouldn't be losing anything by increasing access from 6 hours to 5 days as they previously did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

In fairness though the games are FAR too long to sit through an online trouncing.
    It's something like 5min quarters and the clock is obviously stopped for large portions meaning it can be 40+ mins.

I think less people would quit if it was a 2min quarter as the beating could only get so high.
    The time and being a novice just put me off the online games fairly quick.

Undecided but hopefully there's enough of a backlash over the Madden Access.
    If I didn't sell my BF and require Access I'd cancel my sub now as this was a sneaky move.

Not sure if you're serious there or aware that EA ran a season ticket for the past two years which included exactly 5 days early access to their sports game.
    It was overpriced at E30 for the lot or E10 a pop and I got it for FIFA 13 myself.

People thought it was 5 days as that's what the older offer was(well it was listed as 3 days but the US being a few days earlier for releases meant you could get it for 5 days here).
    I have to say, 6 hours access is an insult... why bother getting excited for the game early in the week for a measly few hours play, you'd be better off leaving it till Thursday before using the access.

I don't see what they're gaining by limiting access, you're still downloading the full game and likely to purchase regardless of it being 6 hours or 5 days.

Those extra 4 days are hardly going to satisfy your requirements for playing the game, to impact sales so it's just cheap move on their part in my opinion.

I think this will hurt the subscriptions and bar BF, I'd be cancelling mine too.

But seeing that I still have another load of hours to play of BF, I'll need another 2/3 months(which still puts me in profit since I sold it for E26 before subscribing for a month}.

I'm not one to get up in arms over moves gaming companies or platform providers make as most are business decisions, yet gamers see themselves as more than customers who have more entitlements or rights..... but I just think this move is bad practice and only comes off bad on EA who wouldn't be losing anything by increasing access from 6 hours to 5 days as they previously did.

I knew exactly what was on offer when I signed up for EA Access.

EA games that eventually drop to the Vault. 10% off digital EA games and 5 days early access at an estimated 5hrs playtime per game.

Seems good to me. 5-6 hrs early access is grand. Anymore and we'd have games completed with no intention of buying them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I knew exactly what was on offer when I signed up for EA Access.

EA games that eventually drop to the Vault. 10% off digital EA games and 5 days early access at an estimated 5hrs playtime per game.

Seems good to me. 5-6 hrs early access is grand. Anymore and we'd have games completed with no intention of buying them.

For certain games 5-6 hours is enough, I'm not sure anyone could "complete" the likes of Madden, FIFA etc in a few days.

Nolimits wrote: »
    For certain games 5-6 hours is enough, I'm not sure anyone could "complete" the likes of Madden, FIFA etc in a few days.

Indeed,

I view early access has a way to find out if a game is worth a day 1 purchase or will I wait for it to hit the Vault.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure if I'd complete Madden/FIFA in 6 hours, but I sure as hell would be finished with them. Just can't get into them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Dose any1 know will you be able to get fifa ultimate edition through ea access will pre-order some where else if not available

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I personally don't have a problem to play a game for 6 hours, it's more than enough time to evaluate whether you'll buy the game, as for the rest of ea access, it's a no brainer, good value if you haven't bought the games on offer. It made perfect sense to me as i've only had my xbone since june, cheap way to get games for it.

• Advertisement

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but there are strong rumours that NFS Rivals DLC will be the Deals with Gold this week.

"What has this got to do with EA Access?", you may well ask.

Well, the game is not showing up in the DwG pages and it has been appearing in the Vault for a number of people over on Reddit, so it may be the next addition to the Vault.

If true, best €25 I've spent in a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wasn't it known for a while that it was the next arrival? Good fun game, if a little repetitive.

Hope it turns up, wouldn't mind another go with it :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really would love a racing game. Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That was the 1st thing I thought when I saw the DLC on sale this morning, here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm really slow to pay the 5 quid a month just yet, a bit of diversity to the line up would definitely sway me. UFC as well maybe?

I'm really slow to pay the 5 quid a month just yet, a bit of diversity to the line up would definitely sway me. UFC as well maybe?

What ever you do don't pay $5 per month. Its only $30 for the year. Thats only €23 a year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Getting an XB1 today and was going to buy Battlefield with it but looking at this as it looks like a great service. Cant justify paying 45 euro for 1 game when I can get 4 games for less than 25 euro.

Is it fully available now to subscribe to? And whats the thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Getting an XB1 today and was going to buy Battlefield with it but looking at this as it looks like a great service. Cant justify paying 45 euro for 1 game when I can get 4 games for less than 25 euro.

Is it fully available now to subscribe to? And whats the thoughts on it?

yup its available to all. I think it's a great bargain as do most I think :) and that's coming from me who already digitally owned bf4. Theyve been hinting at need for speed being added to it soon so I'm looking forward to that :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    yup its available to all. I think it's a great bargain as do most I think :) and that's coming from me who already digitally owned bf4. Theyve been hinting at need for speed being added to it soon so I'm looking forward to that :)

Thanks for the reply. Is it a matter of just downloading the app and then subscribing? And then installing the game from the vault?

Thanks for the reply. Is it a matter of just downloading the app and then subscribing? And then installing the game from the vault?

Yes, that's correct.

Also many of us would recommend using the US store on your XB1 for game purchases and DLC.

When a new game comes out we get it for around €42. Beats having our trousers dropped at GameStop :)

• Advertisement

Cheers will defo try the US store for games and dlc's :)
    looking forward to getting it later!! Battlefield looks great but waiting mostly for some good racing games :)

Will let yas know how I get on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

@nemoisback66 - definitely worth it IMO. I feel I've def got my moneys worth so far from Peggle and Battlefield anyway, gave Madden a try but not my thing, had Fifa at Launch and traded it in but glad to have it back for a casual game every now and then.

For you buying the console today it's 4 good games for dirt cheap, and more to come over the next year. No brainer :)

Whether or not it'll be worth renewing after a year we'll have to wait and see.

maximoose wrote: »
    For you buying the console today it's 4 good games for dirt cheap, and more to come over the next year. No brainer :)

Yea it defo is, 4 games for half the price of 1 :) Will get a years subscription anyway that alone makes it worth while. And then see what games they release to the vault over the year before extending the subscription!

Thanks for the help!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I would assume that once a new game comes into the vault then one of the current games will be removed?

Carroller wrote: »
    I would assume that once a new game comes into the vault then one of the current games will be removed?

Ive read it somewere that they have no intention of removing games but will add more to the vault. It will make it interesting to see if this actually happens!

No, they have confirmed that they will just keep adding more games to it. No games will be removed.

Looks like they are aiming for this not to happen.

From an interview with the Program Manager (link: Kotaku)
    Will games that are currently available through EA Access remain available for the foreseeable future? Do you see any possible scenario where a game would be removed from EA Access for any reason?

We have no plans to remove games from The Vault. There's always an off-chance that we may run into an unforeseen scenario in the future where we have to remove a title. If that ever happened, we'd give members plenty of notice, but let me be clear – that's not in our plans at all. We want games in The Vault to stay in The Vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Could someone tell me the answer to this question:

I have 2 accounts, I buy EA access on one. Can I play one of the downloaded games from the vault on the account that does not have EA access but is on the same console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

TheGunns wrote: »
    Could someone tell me the answer to this question:

I have 2 accounts, I buy EA access on one. Can I play one of the downloaded games from the vault on the account that does not have EA access but is on the same console?
    Yep, though I think only the original account can use the trials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Yep, though I think only the original account can use the trials.
    Will pick it up then, seems great value and I'm not all that interested in games trials anyways

Advertisement