Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

For those that have signed up monthly like me, and now wish to switch over to the even better value yearly offer don't forget to unsubscribe on xbox.com and sign back up through the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Also, with the ten percent off digital purchases just that part alone could pay for itself each year if you buy a few games let alone the likes of ultimate team packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

Also great having a few hours to try new releases if your thinking if buying. Was going to get NHL 15 but after playing it for 20 mins no chance.

Looking forward to getting into NFS.

Hopefully UFC gets added in the next couple months too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Buttros wrote: »
    Also great having a few hours to try new releases if your thinking if buying. Was going to get NHL 15 but after playing it for 20 mins no chance.

Looking forward to getting into NFS.

Hopefully UFC gets added in the next couple months too.

Was surprised with NHL myself, really enjoyed it and was shouting at the tv as if it were a real 'live' game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Furp wrote: »
    For those that have signed up monthly like me, and now wish to switch over to the even better value yearly offer don't forget to unsubscribe on xbox.com and sign back up through the app.

Not sure about the details of this post, but i am intrigued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

foxerv1 wrote: »

I signed up for 4.99 per month sub on ea access I'm very happy with it, and I want to switch over to the yearly sub at €25 which is even cheaper I believe I have to unsubscribe from the monthly sub first on the account page and then sign back up for the yearly subscription.

foxerv1 wrote: »

When you get 1 month or 12 months it sets it up as a subscription, that's the only option. so after 1 month is up it will take payment from your card for another month and keep doing so each month assuming there's funds on your card.

So, it's best to sign up for the cheaper 12 month for €25 instead of paying €5 per month which ends up being €60 per year.

You can click on the 'Cancel automatic payment' HERE:https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/Subscriptions/Manage under EA Access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    When you get 1 month or 12 months it sets it up as a subscription, that's the only option. so after 1 month is up it will take payment from your card for another month and keep doing so each month assuming there's funds on your card.

So, it's best to sign up for the cheaper 12 month for €25 instead of paying €5 per month which ends up being €60 per year.

You can click on the 'Cancel automatic payment' HERE:https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/Subscriptions/Manage under EA Access.

Ah ok, I thought it was a newer and even better value subscription model- have already paid my €25 for the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, how does the 10% discount work?

Looking to preorder Fifa 15 Ultimate Edition but doesn't seem to be giving me any discount....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Lord TSC wrote: »

Looking to preorder Fifa 15 Ultimate Edition but doesn't seem to be giving me any discount....
    I was looking at the price of Fifa Points and it doesn't display any discount for me on that either. Not sure what the discount is atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭irishchris

Lord TSC wrote: »

you need to enter into ea access first then preorder fifa ultimate edition and the discount appears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any downside to using the US store? Just noticing that FIFA 15 is $59.99 on pre-order. At today's rates that's €46

Any downside to using the US store? Just noticing that FIFA 15 is $59.99 on pre-order. At today's rates that's €46

Just a minuscale downside of not getting the game at midnight Irish time, you have to wait 'till Midnight U.S time. Well worth a few hours extra for the price saved tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just a minuscale downside of not getting the game at midnight Irish time, you have to wait 'till Midnight U.S time. Well worth a few hours extra for the price saved tho!

Cool. I bought the EA access through my Irish account, presume there's no problem buying individual games on a US account afterwards?

FIFA 15 for $59 sounds alrite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Fifa is out on Tuesday in the States, so you'd have access to it 3 days early, right?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Fifa is out on Tuesday in the States, so you'd have access to it 3 days early, right?

I've had FIFA 15 early access for the past 2 days or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Sorry for all the questions I have zero clue about the xbox one.

I am buying it for my boys for Xmas. Am I right in thinking that if I sign up to this then essentially it's like buying 4 games? They only want fifa 15 and whatever the latest COD game is. I was going to try buy a few cheap or used games to bulk up their collection. So if I'm understanding this right this will do the same job for much less cash :):)

Also I have my router set as American so I can use netflix can I do the same thing with the xbox and buy cheaper from America? I would love to save a few euro but don't want to risk the kids being barred off xbox live or something.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

danois wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions I have zero clue about the xbox one.

I am buying it for my boys for Xmas. Am I right in thinking that if I sign up to this then essentially it's like buying 4 games? They only want fifa 15 and whatever the latest COD game is. I was going to try buy a few cheap or used games to bulk up their collection. So if I'm understanding this right this will do the same job for much less cash :):)

Also I have my router set as American so I can use netflix can I do the same thing with the xbox and buy cheaper from America? I would love to save a few euro but don't want to risk the kids being barred off xbox live or something.

Thanks
    You don't get the latest EA games on this service. I would imagine (though cannot be certain) that it will be well into next summer before we may see FIFA 15 added to the vault. It will be months after release that games are added to this, months and months.

Currently you would get FIFA14, Need for Speed Rivals, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, Madded 25.

You can change the location of the xbox one in the settings section on the console itself, very easily. No need to mess with router settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Thats exactly what it is
    I signed up on day 1 and have a copy of Fifa 14, Need for Speed, Battlefield 4 (which is like COD and is brilliant), Madden etc
    Its full game and not demos and it costs 25 a year for the access. Amazing value
    Couldnt recommend it enough.

Final point you cna indeed set location to US and buy in $$
    There was more than a few cases of people doing that being banned on xbox live on the xbox 360. Never been a problem for me though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Thanks for that. I bought fifa 15 (standard version now I'm told he NEEDS ultimate!!)for them so doubt the fifa 14 would be much use but the others seem like a great deal.

I will leave the settings on it alone if there's a risk of getting them banned. I would never hear the end of it!

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare coming to the vault today (probably U.S. Time)

http://www.ea.com/news/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-joins-the-vault-on-ea-access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sweet! Been meaning to pick that up but kind of held off hoping that it would turn up.

Sweet! Been meaning to pick that up but kind of held off hoping that it would turn up.

It's a great little game and best thing is, all DLC is free once you have the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Really liked PvZ and I'm not usually one for those kind of games, gladly get this off access as I got rid of it ages ago so be good to play it again with the new DLC, it's actually up on access there now.

We should organise a few games we'd clean up was an organised team , even with new players or ones who aren't very good ...... like me :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it pretty much a competitive shooter in a cartoonish disguise? Never played it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Great stuff. What a bargain EA access has proved to be.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it pretty much a competitive shooter in a cartoonish disguise? Never played it myself.

Yes has different modes like normal TDM and Capture and a co-op horde mode not played in a few months so not sure what the latest dlc added.

You have different classes in the plants and zombies with different roles and abilities.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah pretty much like a cartoon version of Battlefield :D

maximoose wrote: »
    Great stuff. What a bargain EA access has proved to be.

Aye sure PVZ alone still goes from anywhere between 30-40 euro new or used.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare coming to the vault today (probably U.S. Time)

http://www.ea.com/news/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-joins-the-vault-on-ea-access

haha excellent!

Advertisement