Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is EA Access just available by paying per month now, or can you still pay a one off fee for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Liamalone wrote: »
    Is EA Access just available by paying per month now, or can you still pay a one off fee for the year?

Both, however paying per month will cost you more in the long run.

It worked out at about 23 euro when I bought the yearly sub from the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Both, however paying per month will cost you more in the long run.

It worked out at about 23 euro when I bought the yearly sub from the US store.

Sorted, £20 for the year through the EA Access hub. Now into my sister's house to take advantage of her fibre internet connection lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have to say, I'm having a great time with this game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm having a great time with this game :pac:

Plants v Zombies? Great game :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PvZ is free? Awwwwesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Would definitely be on for a few games of PvZ if ye are organising some.

Anyone playing FIFA 14 still?

I only started playing it there lately, anyone up for getting some of the coop achievements?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone up for some Garden Ops games on PvZ this week? Find it hard to find a match on the harder difficulties

Mr Freeze - I can help you with the "Bros gonna Bro" and "Best Friends Forever" achievements, should take no more than 10 mins!

Dragon Age Inquisition is now available to download and play for 6 hours trial of the full game with EA Access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Dragon Age Inquisition is now available to download and play for 6 hours trial of the full game with EA Access.

what size was the download to you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is the 6 hours a set time ie. 12pm -6pm or is it from when you fire up the game

dunworth1 wrote: »

I assumed its 6 hours of gameplay, no matter if its one sitting or over a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dunworth1 wrote: »

6 hours game time total, so you can play an hour a day for the next 6 days, for example.

calex71 wrote: »
    what size was the download to you know?

About 42gb, full blu-ray disc size!

And yes the game time is stop and start as you wish. I still have 4 hours remaining on NHL and 5 hours remaining on FIFA 15 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

And yes the game time is stop and start as you wish. I still have 4 hours remaining on NHL and 5 hours remaining on FIFA 15 :P

Hmmm. My FIFA 15 worked for a few days after launch, but eventually stopped working even though I still had 2 hours left.

Ouch....and if you purchase the game on its release, do you have to download again or does it just activate the 6hr version?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ouch....and if you purchase the game on its release, do you have to download again or does it just activate the 6hr version?

It's the full game, achievements even unlock if you acquire them. So if you purchase it, it's just like having a game pre-loaded for release night, you download a couple mb key to unlock it properly and it's yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I am game sharing with one of the lads who has EA Access and I have it downloaded but it won't let me play the trial, it keeps asking me to switch profile when I try launch it. I have all the other EA Access games and can play them no problem, this is the first time I have seen this message. Has anyone else got this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tony1980 wrote: »
    I am game sharing with one of the lads who has EA Access and I have it downloaded but it won't let me play the trial, it keeps asking me to switch profile when I try launch it. I have all the other EA Access games and can play them no problem, this is the first time I have seen this message. Has anyone else got this problem?
    The Trial seems to be linked specifically to the person who paid for EA Access. The other games are essentially digital downloads and follow those rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I got this yesterday and was disappointed I did only because I thought, where is the catch? I am going to be done somehow. From reading this, i am delighted. Why can you also buy the vault games though if they are also free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ah EA you clever swine.

Would never have bought DA: I as I has never played any games in the series before.

Now, 3 hours in and I am pretty certain I'll be buying on launch day, probably as a digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ah EA you clever swine.

Would never have bought DA: I as I has never played any games in the series before.

Now, 3 hours in and I am pretty certain I'll be buying on launch day, probably as a digital download.

Remember back in the day when every game used to get a free demo before release?

Now were're being charged for trails "demos" of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Remember back in the day when every game used to get a free demo before release?

Now were're being charged for trails "demos" of games.

It's not really the same thing as a demo though. It's the full game though only for a limited amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nolimits wrote: »
    It's not really the same thing as a demo though. It's the full game though only for a limited amount of time.

That's what some demos were back in the day. I remember the Res Evil 2 demo, think it was timed at 20mins but the faster you were the further you got. Remember getting to police station and talking to the dying police officer and maybe getting alittle further.

That's what some demos were back in the day. I remember the Res Evil 2 demo, think it was timed at 20mins but the faster you were the further you got. Remember getting to police station and talking to the dying police officer and maybe getting alittle further.
    Very different to a full unrestricted 6hr trial of a game.
    You can also continue on from where you ended the 6hrs if you purchase the game.

Very different to a full unrestricted 6hr trial of a game.
    You can also continue on from where you ended the 6hrs if you purchase the game.

And in the day and age of achievements, unlock them during the 6 hours too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can EA access be paid for with your MS account credit?

sweetie wrote: »
    Can EA access be paid for with your MS account credit?

No, only with a credit or debit card as it is a separate subscription service.

I knew it! UFC being added to the Vault December 17th awhhh yeahhhh :D

• Advertisement

I knew it! UFC being added to the Vault December 17th awhhh yeahhhh :D
    I challenge you to a dual sir :pac:

Thats before all the moves are learnt correctly so its an all out brawl.
    Looking forward to getting this :)

Advertisement