Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Block Party - August 3rd

Options
  • 30-07-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Anybody thinking of heading to this on Sunday?

http://www.dublincityblockparty.com/

Lineup has Daphni (Which is Caribou under a different alias), Kerri Chandler, DJ Harvey.. Will be going for DJ Harvey alone.

10502420_1442688816000833_2238845403936781531_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

useded wrote: »
    Anybody thinking of heading to this on Sunday?

http://www.dublincityblockparty.com/

Lineup has Daphni (Which is Caribou under a different alias), Kerri Chandler, DJ Harvey.. Will be going for DJ Harvey alone.

10502420_1442688816000833_2238845403936781531_n.jpg

tix 40 quid for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thought about it, but with all the music indoors, and having seen Daphni and Chandler before, 40quid is too much for me. if i had known the full lineup when the early-birds were onsale i probably would have got one then tbh.

don't really care about seeing Harvey. from what I've heard, his fee is one of the reasons for the high ticket prices. can't imagine the vast majority who attend will have even heard of him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

Do ye think it will sellout?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Got tickets early for 23 quid. Sure tis a handy day out. Hope the weather keeps up.

degzs wrote: »
    Do ye think it will sellout?
    yeah, it will.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

have to laugh at this, the collective of pretentous twats and their cliques presenting this :roll eyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What exactly is the Tivoli grounds? Is it the back and carpark of the Tivoli or what?

All music indoors is a bit weird for a day time thing in the summer too. I am looking for something to do for the bh weekend but not convinced of this really.

yeah, that's it.
    apparently there was way too much red-tape involved for having an outdoor music event in that area...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

A V A wrote: »
    have to laugh at this, the collective of pretentous twats and their cliques presenting this :roll eyes:

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

A V A wrote: »

Took the words right out of my mouth. Proper wa**erfest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

How is this pretentious? It's the people who are involved in all the other festivals who are organising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet

Is it confirmed that the whole event is indoors? I couldn't see anything on the website. 40 quid does seem a bit steep alright. Aside from Castlepolooza is there any other decent events/gigs going on over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

wemmet wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that the whole event is indoors? I couldn't see anything on the website. 40 quid does seem a bit steep alright. Aside from Castlepolooza is there any other decent events/gigs going on over the weekend?

Sloaw Magic playing tomorrow and Sasha playing on Sunday, both in the Button Factory

wemmet wrote: »
    it's not the whole event, just the music. the food and other stalls will be outside in the car park part.
    Indiependence festival is on too, think it might be sold out though.
    there's an overnight warehouse thing on Sunday night: https://www.facebook.com/events/924636930886988/
    LTJ Bukem and Florian Kupfer in the Twisted Pepper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet

Nice one - cheers lads. Still uncertain about BP. Might give it a go yet but sure will see

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

it's not the whole event, just the music. the food and other stalls will be outside in the car park part.
    Indiependence festival is on too, think it might be sold out though.
    there's an overnight warehouse thing on Sunday night: https://www.facebook.com/events/924636930886988/
    LTJ Bukem and Florian Kupfer in the Twisted Pepper too.

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit but do you know what the story is with that warehouse gig?

Says its "invite only" on the fb page

Creeby wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit but do you know what the story is with that warehouse gig?

Says its "invite only" on the fb page
    dunno, has an email address there for invites:
    *Information on how to get an invite to the party, send an email to: Foundationpartyseries@gmail.com**

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Less of the abuse. Please report the posts and don't reply. Users have been dealt with so let's move on.

Anyone going i'd be interested in hearing how the days goes afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

So, did anyone here go to this in the end? Any good? I see it sold out in advance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

I had a great time, bar queue was ridiculous though but pretty much as you would expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Like lost art I had a great time at it.Real nice crowd at it.Harvey was great craic upstairs.The one downer was the bar situation.Bars running out of cans upstairs and the mess that was the downstairs bar.Bar situation could have been so much better and would have lead to a better gig.

Advertisement