Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Slurry Tanker to Buy?

Options
  • 30-07-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I am new to Boards.

Just wondering what do you guys think the best Tanker make in Ireland to buy is?

I was looking at a Cross tanker and went to the factory. Have to say I was impressed.
    Serious finish on their tanks..

What do you all think?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Cant comment on cross but we have had both redrock and abbey tankers over the years and never had a days bother with either. I would go for a tanker with recessed wheels tho

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Welcome to boards OP, galv rossmore here for about 20 years, had to change the vanes a couple of times, and a tyre. Pumps are nearly all the same.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have an Abbey here, must be getting on for 20 years as well. 1300 gallons. On the Russian tyres. No problem with the tank, pump went about 5 years ago. If buying today would go for a 1600 with the recessed wheels, as hilly ground hereabouts. Got a loan of a 2200 gallon a few years ago, but the tractors I have struggled to pull it on the hills. If money no object, get a galvanised one. Neighbour contracts, and has two Connor tanks, no problems with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

have any of you farmers got a dribble bar or trailing shoe?

how much would a 2000 gallon tank with a basic simple trailing shoe cost to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

how much would a 2000 gallon tank with a basic simple trailing shoe cost to buy?

Stupid money. I got a tiny 1100gls rossmore tanker, and priced up trading it in for something better with the view to doing more of our own slurry. But the cost of it against just getting in a contractor didn't add up at all. One less job for me so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Hired in a trailing shoe this year and thought it was a great job, wider spreading window and way less smell.could see it becoming the norm as its help to keep neighbours happy and bound to be better nitrogen wise as its not going up in the air.we will keep our 1300 as its handy to be able to do bits here and there especially in the spring and the parlour tank but drawing any distance will be left to contractor in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Conor had a very basic dribble bar set up in punchetstown a few year ago on a 2000 gallon and if i remember rightly he said it was around 10k for tank and the same for the bar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

keep going wrote: »
    Hired in a trailing shoe this year and thought it was a great job, wider spreading window and way less smell.could see it becoming the norm as its help to keep neighbours happy and bound to be better nitrogen wise as its not going up in the air.we will keep our 1300 as its handy to be able to do bits here and there especially in the spring and the parlour tank but drawing any distance will be left to contractor in the future.

Have seen a lad advertise on DD. has to trucks with big tankers. Think they hold sonething like 30k litres. He has an umbilical system then on a tractor. Trucks fill up in your yard and they head to your out farm.
    Be a handy way of getting slurry out in spring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Have seen a lad advertise on DD. has to trucks with big tankers. Think they hold sonething like 30k litres. He has an umbilical system then on a tractor. Trucks fill up in your yard and they head to your out farm.
    Be a handy way of getting slurry out in spring

Had it done, even 2/3000Gal can be used to supply. Handy to finish with pig too

Advertisement