Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy an electric tooth brush?

Options
  • 30-07-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I brush my teeth, use mouth wash, dental floss and still from times to times, lets say every 3 months I have to go to the dentist to fill a cavity.

Is it worth to buy an electric tooth brush to avoid trips to the dentist?

Any recomendation for electric tooth brushes?

There's so many here www .oralb.co.uk/en-GB/products-category/electric-toothbrushes that I get lost on what to choose.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

half price in argos for the last few weeks :

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4429917.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I bought an oral b from the professional range and after a year or two it's still going strong. I cant remember the exact model but it has a pressure light with indicates when you brush too hard which was an issue I had with ordinary brushes, it also has a few settings but I never bother with them so that part was a waste for me. Would never go back now I'm used to it and it gives a really good clean. Boots and tesco often have half price offers on them.

Only issue I have is the lead to the power stand is very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

pawrick wrote: »
    I bought an oral b from the professional range and after a year or two it's still going strong. I cant remember the exact model but it has a pressure light with indicates when you brush too hard which was an issue I had with ordinary brushes, it also has a few settings but I never bother with them so that part was a waste for me. Would never go back now I'm used to it and it gives a really good clean. Boots and tesco often have half price offers on them.

Only issue I have is the lead to the power stand is very short.

So it means you have to have a plug in the bathroom? And if not I've to get an extenstion....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

http://www.colgate.co.uk/app/ColgateOralCare/ElectricToothbrush/ProClinical/UK/EN/Products/A1500.cwsp

use promotional code DENTIST2014 to get 55% off.
    you'd probably need to use parcelmotel for delivery though if not in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

http://www.colgate.co.uk/app/ColgateOralCare/ElectricToothbrush/ProClinical/UK/EN/Products/A1500.cwsp

use promotional code DENTIST2014 to get 55% off.
    you'd probably need to use parcelmotel for delivery though if not in the UK

Parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

tendjose wrote: »
    So it means you have to have a plug in the bathroom? And if not I've to get an extenstion....

Yes a two pin plug. I ended up getting an adaptor and charging it somewhere else in the house. Just needs to be charged once a week or so depending on usage so it's not a big deal. Just a little irritating.

So you guys think it doesn't matter the brand? A philips and a colgate were anounced here, but oralb seems to be much more customizable...

After reading many amazon reviews and having no money restrictions when thinking about health, this was the chosen one:

www .amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Professional-Two-Mode-Rechargeable-Toothbrush/dp/B0029Z9XP2/ref=sr_1_6?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1407785103&sr=1-6&keywords=electric+toothbrush

Advertisement