Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newborn baby bath support recommendations

Options
  • 30-07-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Can anyone recommend a bath support for a newborn baby? We just used a baby bath tub for our first baby but I never felt that happy and would like to have an additional support for our new baby.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Have you considered one of these?

http://www.tummytub.ie/

They're great and can be bought with a handy base that raises them up and also serves as a footstool for toddlers/kids in the bathroom for standing at the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Have you considered one of these?

http://www.tummytub.ie/

They're great and can be bought with a handy base that raises them up and also serves as a footstool for toddlers/kids in the bathroom for standing at the sink.

Some friends loved this for their babies but it didn't work well for me at all.

I got a sponge/foam insert from Mothercare and found it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Mink wrote: »
    Some friends loved this for their babies but it didn't work well for me at all.

I got a sponge/foam insert from Mothercare and found it great.

My friend has a tummy tub she calls it a glorified bucket!!! I just used the sink when he was tiny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Millem wrote: »
    My friend has a tummy tub she calls it a glorified bucket!!! I just used the sink when he was tiny!

Hah! We call it the same. ..but its one of the best things we bought. Bath Time was always one thing that really freaked me out. Id never had to bath a new born till I had one and I was so afraid id bump their heads off a tap lol...so we bought the tummy tub...it did till they were 6 months and then once they could sit up they went to the big bath. I then used the bottom of the tub to sit on as I bathed them...and now they use it as a stool for the sink and we use the bucket to keep thw bath toys in. Though they haven't used the toys in yonks now so i really should clear it out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The overpriced bucket worked for us too. On my first we had a baby bath but after pouring it's contents all over our floor one night we settled for the sink until he outgrew it. On our daughter we started in the sink and around 10 weeks (how long it took tony kealys to get one from their Northside shop to Walkinstown ggrrr but I digress!) we used the bucket and she loved it. It used to make her stop crying which was a blessed relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JTormey

Thanks for all the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

We used a softeze floating pillow from amazon. Its brilliant! And the babies loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Now that I think of it, we ditched the tummy tub and used the kitchen sink for a good few weeks. Then when he seemed to big for the sink, we got the foam/sponge insert thingy for the regular baby bath

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We used the foam insert and a baby bath until he was old enough to sit up steadily for a big bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I used this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tippitoes-BM3-Mini-Bath-White/dp/B0037ZTT2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406980839&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+bath
    It's brilliant, recommended it to a few people who agree. Uses very little water, baby sits up perfectly and can't slide forward, giving you 2 free hands.

Advertisement