Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 not charging – Strange problem

• 30-07-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a strange one.

The other night I went and charged my phone overnight, I plugged it in and it binged and had the charge sign at the top right of the phone. I awoke the next morning and it noticed the battery was down to 2% but still had the charge icon on top. I tried other plug heads and still no luck, it registered the charge alright but battery percentage would not go up. Turned it on and off etc and still no joy.

As I had to go to work I took my cable and plugged it in to my computer and it charged no problem. I then tried this again on my laptop and again no problem it fully charged.

Any ideas or similar experiences would be great to hear.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Odd alright. Sounds like the plug is faulty even if you tried a few other ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I plugged it into other plug sockets around the house and no joy.

Very strange indeed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is the phone still under warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Not sure. It was purchased April 2013 from the USA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well if it was bought in the USA I doubt they will look at it over here. I would say that the lead is somehow faulty tho and a new one would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Take a needle to the charging port and clean out all the fluff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

You say you tried other plug heads, but did you try a different cable? If it's charging using your PC then it suggests it's a problem with the equipment being used to charge it. Also have you tried a hard reset (hold home and lock buttons until the Apple logo appears)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Hi PCros,

Did this happen only once last night?

Have you tried turning off the iPhone and back on again, and seeing does this work?

iOs seems to have a bug in it, that sometimes stops charging when it's not entirely "happy".

After that try wiggling around, and putting it in half way ( mature people please ) does it bing with the sound or vibrate to show that it is registering the cable but not charging?

Advertisement