Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online offer - New customer

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible as a new customer to set yourself up online as I don't have a phone number?  I am buying a house that will be sale closed in the next week and wanted to enquire about this.  The last owners had a phone line - eircom phone and broadband connection which they will be disconnecting this week.  It is in an area that hasn't efibre yet - meant to be coming in August.

I would need/want off-Peak local and national calls and 30 free mins to mobile and unlimited broadband I think the area has sppeds up to 12mb presently adn aslo a wireless modem. How can I apply online without a phone number as a new customer to get the offer below? 

€30
    [font=Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]per month, first 6 months ONLINE OFFER for new customers*. Get unlimited broadband for the same price as our 30Gb product, €45 per month thereafter.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Is it possible as a new customer to set yourself up online as I don't have a phone number?  I am buying a house that will be sale closed in the next week and wanted to enquire about this.  The last owners had a phone line - eircom phone and broadband connection which they will be disconnecting this week.  It is in an area that hasn't efibre yet - meant to be coming in August.

I would need/want off-Peak local and national calls and 30 free mins to mobile and unlimited broadband I think the area has sppeds up to 12mb presently adn aslo a wireless modem. How can I apply online without a phone number as a new customer to get the offer below? 

€30
    [font=Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]per month, first 6 months ONLINE OFFER for new customers*. Get unlimited broadband for the same price as our 30Gb product, €45 per month thereafter.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi adelcrowsmel

Yes it's possible to order online, once the correct address is entered the order will recognise that the installation of a new line will be required.

While it may be easier to order online I would recommend ordering over a call to sales on free phone 1800503303 as the timeframe is much shorter - online orders can take up to 28 to 30 working days to complete where as ordering over a call usually takes up to 15 working days. Prices may vary from ordering online so it's ultimately your decision.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hi Al,

Thanks for the reply.  When I put in the county and town and then the house number and street address it doesn't find it and tells me to phone so looks like I can't do it online and avail of the offer?

Hi Al,

Thanks for the reply.  When I put in the county and town and then the house number and street address it doesn't find it and tells me to phone so looks like I can't do it online and avail of the offer?
    Hi adelcrowsmel

That can happen if there was not a working line the before, if the website cannot locate your address I'm afraid you will be unable to place an online order or avail of an online offer.

Al

Hi Al,

Hi adelcrowsmel

That can happen if there was not a working line the before, if the website cannot locate your address I'm afraid you will be unable to place an online order or avail of an online offer.

Al
    There is/was definitely a working line in the house up to this week anyway...the person selling the house to me had eircom phone and broadband there and they are just disconnecting this week. I'll ring anyway and see if anything can be done but I think its a little unfair if you physically cant order online that you miss out on an offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Al,

Hi adelcrowsmel

Al
    There is/was definitely a working line in the house up to this week anyway...the person selling the house to me had eircom phone and broadband there and they are just disconnecting this week. I'll ring anyway and see if anything can be done but I think its a little unfair if you physically cant order online that you miss out on an offer
    Yes adelcrowsmel
    yes, and if you call 1800 503303 and advise them that you wanted to but were unable to order online they should be able to leave a note on account advising of this. You should be able to get offer then. If not PM me your landline or order number and we can have a look.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davidlacey555

Hi, have a very similar issue, signing up for the same online deal, but it wont recognize my bank details, iban bic. Tried for hours online, but to no avail... Rang sales desk who refuse to honor online deal over the phone. Is their any way around this please help!!!!!!!

Hi, have a very similar issue, signing up for the same online deal, but it wont recognize my bank details, iban bic. Tried for hours online, but to no avail... Rang sales desk who refuse to honor online deal over the phone. Is their any way around this please help!!!!!!!

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi davidlacey555

I recommend attempting this on an alternative browser, online operations have confirmed that there is no issues with the direct debit facility at present.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement