Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campsites on Aran Islands

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

been trying to ring campsites on Inis Mor and Inis Oirr but no luck getting through to either. Anyone know if these campsites are still open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Yes to both. Was on both islands only last week. Inis Mór campsite is a field with a toilet block, just outside of Kilronan, Inis Oírr campsite is better equipped - turn left at the pier and keep walking for 5 minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

cheers mike, you dont happen to know if either allow dogs?

I didn't specifically ask (had no need to), but saw nothing that would indicate that it would be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

mike_ie wrote: »
    Inis Oírr campsite is better equipped - turn right at the pier and keep walking for 5 minutes....

turn left coming of the pier

swiftman wrote: »
    turn left coming of the pier

My bad... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

mike_ie wrote: »
    My bad... :o

ah sure it wouldnt be the worse thing in the world turning right. would end up in ned's. the best pub in ireland.

indeed. That's generally what my inbuilt autopilot does. Tie up the boat, straight up to Ned's for a feed and pints :) Great music sessions there at this time of the year too.

Advertisement