Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dyn.com and dvr setup?

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

hi guys i hope this is the right place for this, i have a camera setup in my house that is connected to my router its a vodafone huawei hg658c.

I had some one in to set up the router and cameras so i can view it on the meye app on my phone but everytime the ip address changes i lose connection, so i set up a dyn account and got a host, i have my host connected to my router that it updates everytime the ip changes.

I have this working up to here using ddns section on the router, i can remotely view my camera system by going through my ip address and port 88 on an external pc, but when i try going to my host site it just times out.

I have figured i missed something here but dunno what i followed the dyn setup wizard to a T but it is leaving something short i think too, as i have it all working up to not being able to view it on the host.

thanks for any replys and just i understand what i have done up till now but wouldnt be great at networking so i'll probably need an explanation of how to do most of the solutions thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Im not clear on what the question is. Is it:

XX.XXX.XX.XX:88 works but yourUser.dyndns.com:88 doesnt work?

If thats the case and youve just set it up wait. DNS can take 24hrs or a little more to propagate.

Your IP is definitely updating correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Yeah its def updating you might have it there I was typing in just mydns.com is it that I have to put in mydns.com:88 I never tried that I'll try it now see what results I get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Thanks ed that was it, overlooked that completely Trying to get it all working misses that

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No probs. Without the 88 it'll go to http which is 80

Advertisement