Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBus in management app (level 7)

• 30-07-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am accepted to do a Batchelor of Business in management applications course on line at Sligo It. it is a level 7 course.

I am out of education for many's a year but have a good strong technical background with engineering qualifications. I now think its time to add some business qualification to help broaden horizons.

I work abroad and I work shift but have a lot of spare time on my hands. 7 days work/7 days free. I commute each week, home and abroad.

I see a lot of positives from the whole online learning from Sligo IT here on 'boards'.

I am looking for someone who has done this course to see if its worth it and what sort of time needs to go into it ?
    are there any surprises or pitfalls ?
    should you buy the books that support the course or view them online ?
    any other information, good/bad/small or large would be welcome.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 Marieandhercat

ntech wrote: »
    I am accepted to do a Batchelor of Business in management applications course on line at Sligo It. it is a level 7 course.

I am out of education for many's a year but have a good strong technical background with engineering qualifications. I now think its time to add some business qualification to help broaden horizons.

I work abroad and I work shift but have a lot of spare time on my hands. 7 days work/7 days free. I commute each week, home and abroad.

I see a lot of positives from the whole online learning from Sligo IT here on 'boards'.

I am looking for someone who has done this course to see if its worth it and what sort of time needs to go into it ?
    are there any surprises or pitfalls ?
    should you buy the books that support the course or view them online ?
    any other information, good/bad/small or large would be welcome.

thanks in advance.
    I am also starting this course in september :)
    They are not very proactive in sending material or information I am finding.
    All i know is that there is an open day on the 12 September in Sligo. No further information available. I phoned them a couple of times and they were meant to get back to me but they haven't. I will phone them again now and see if I can get any more info.

They have a 2 year level 8 course but I saw another of the IT colleges in Dublin does the same Hons degree in only one year so that might be worth checking out after this year :)

The Induction Day for all first year online learners will be held on Friday, 12th September 2014 at IT Sligo.
    A detailed schedule of the day will be posted on the Online Learner General Support Moodle page one week prior to the event. If you have not already received details on how to access this portal you should contact me at gc-col @ itsligo. ie
    The general schedule is as follows:-
    Training on the online learning system (MOODLE), information on Examinations, Information Technology Services & Support, Library Services and how to access your online lectures. You will meet other the students on your course as well as your lecturers and have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have. Students who have paid their fees will also be able to have their photo taken and ID card issued.
    We strongly encourage all applicants to attend the Induction Day. Feedback from past students stated that the induction event gave them the ideal start to their online course at IT Sligo.
    f you cannot attend Induction, the main items you will be missing are:
    Opportunity to meet fellow class mates
    Opportunity to meet lecturers
    Introductory lecture or lab session on each of your modules to cover: Practical Lab session on Moodle the system which provides you with lecture notes and other resources and where you upload your assignment
    Practical Lab session on Adobe Connect the system where you can view live and recorded lectures
    Opportunity to tour IT Sligo Campus and Library
    Opportunity to clarify any questions you may have on the course of study you are about to undertake.
    Further information on the Induction day is available on the Online Learner General Support Moodle page.
    See you there!
    ITSligo Online

and you need to register between 20 - 28 August online!
    so maybe phone them and get the logs on your require to register.
    Gosh, I really had to chase them for this info!
    All the best, maybe see you on the 12th Sept! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ntech

thanks for the info, very helpful and informative - as you have said they are lacking a bit with the info on registration ad the schedule for 12th sept. anyhow I will talk to them in the next few days and the plan is to travel to Sligo for the 12th Sept. see you there ! :-)

Advertisement