Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone warranty

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I want to buy a brand new Galaxy S5 on adverts.ie, which is sealed too with Vodafone Ireland receipt, only a few days old.

If I have any problems with the phone in the future, can I go into any Vodafone store to fix the issue?

Basically - does that receipt cover me for proof of purchase, despite me not being the original purchaser?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It should do but failing that you can get the phone repaired under warranty in any of the phone mending places scattered around Dublin/Cork/Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It should do but failing that you can get the phone repaired under warranty in any of the phone mending places scattered around Dublin/Cork/Limerick

Ah nice one, thought that myself.

I was going to buy it from eGlobalCentral, a company that ships from HongKong, but that warranty wouldn't be valid over here then would it? It was about 35 cheaper from them but do you think its worth buying new from Ireland instead for peace of mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

If the phone was bought in Ireland, on O2, but the seller cannot provide receipt, can I still book it in for a repair under warranty within the 2 year timeframe Samsung give as standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Hi guys

I want to buy a brand new Galaxy S5 on adverts.ie, which is sealed too with Vodafone Ireland receipt, only a few days old.

If I have any problems with the phone in the future, can I go into any Vodafone store to fix the issue?

Basically - does that receipt cover me for proof of purchase, despite me not being the original purchaser?

Technically you have no contract with Vodafone when you purchase the product.

You are covered under terms of the warranty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Your receipt is proof of purchase, but you didn't purchase it - so there is no contract between you and Vodafone. This is only going to become an issue if you draw attention to it or say, someone is flogging knocked off phones with copies of a receipt.

Receipts are not the only proof (evidence) of purchase and neither are they conclusive proof a contact exists.

• Advertisement
Advertisement