Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to get a personel loan or a credit card while on a work visa in New Zealand?

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Iv been here over a year on a WHV and just got granted a 3 year work permit a couple of months ago.. Have a few things coming up like a visit home and a few other bits that are going to cost some money so was thinking of getting a loan or a credit card to help,problem is I see banks only give these to citizens or permanent residents as far as I can see? Does anybody have any experience on this that could help? I was thinking about just telling the bank I was a PR but they probably check it anyway? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

When I first applied with ANZ they only asked that I was on a salary of at least $55K before they would give me a CC, never asked me about my residency and at the time I was on a 3 year permit just like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jameschch

pclancy wrote: »
    When I first applied with ANZ they only asked that I was on a salary of at least $55K before they would give me a CC, never asked me about my residency and at the time I was on a 3 year permit just like you.

Thanks for your response pclancy,they do seem to be asking about residency now though,anybody else have any experience in this matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

jameschch wrote: »
    Thanks for your response pclancy,they do seem to be asking about residency now though,anybody else have any experience in this matter?

I got a card and a loan with anz. No problem. 2 year working visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I also got a countdown onecard visa card, just fill out the form and say yes where they ask about permanent residency.

Advertisement