Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cowboy Car Salesman

• 30-07-2014 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I recently purchased a car from a Garage in Dublin (via an advertisement on Donedeal), the car had a signed service history and a fresh NCT so i did not take much notice when the salesman stated that the sale would be with "no warranty sold as seen". When i got the car home afte a fair drive i noted oil was leaking from the engine. When i got the engine checked out I discovered all the seals were siliconed and wait for it superglued. I immediately rang the garage and was told there is no comeback. The garage is not SIMI registered, have I any comeback or what to people suggest to inflict as much hardship as possible on their buisness.

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Your post is in the motorbike forum.

Perhaps a Mod can move it to either motors or consumer issues for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Yes, under the sale and supply of goods act they have to seel cars fot for purpose. Unfortunately this is not uncommon and these cowboys do manage to get away with it. If the car was under 2.5k you can go the small claims court route, if more you could be in for a battle but dont give up, its the worst thing you could do.

I wouldn't call thwm again id call in with your complaint in person and demand it fixed, if they refuse demand a refund and say your going legal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

aaakev wrote: »
    Yes, under the sale and supply of goods act they have to seel cars fot for purpose. Unfortunately this is not uncommon and these cowboys do manage to get away with it. If the car was under 2.5k you can go the small claims court route, if more you could be in for a battle but dont give up, its the worst thing you could do.

I wouldn't call thwm again id call in with your complaint in person and demand it fixed, if they refuse demand a refund and say your going legal

Surely it's the claim for cost of repairing the car in this case that is relevant to the Small Claims Court rather than the value of the car itself?

Advertisement