Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose bottom cupcake tin recipes

Options
  • 30-07-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

I have a 12 hole mini cupcake tin with loose bottoms (like you'd use for a cheesecake). Other than normal sponge recipes (like victoria or chocolate) anyone have any other ideas?

I bought them for a really specific purpose and haven't used them since!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭phormium

I have a couple of those tins, I use them for cheesecakes and mini dessert like things, chocolate mousse etc :)

I have not used them to bake anything, I can't think what you would use them for other than mini victoria sandwiches or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Some of these you might need to use little cases or else line your cupcake tin for but they're cute!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/unexpected-things-you-can-make-in-a-muffin-tin

I've made the bacon & egg toast cups in my mini muffin tin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭phormium

Some great recipes there but you could use the bog standard bun tins for those, the fancy loose bottomed ones don't seem to have major use other than cheesecake.

I spend my time counting the little metal circles convinced I will lose some and render my tin useless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clionam22

I use mine to make things like individual apple bakewell type cakes, shortbread base/apple filling/almond sponge with a crunchy crumble topping, & if I've got time to make custard I swirl some into the sponge before adding the crumble.
    Yeast bread bakes really well in them, the individual portions are handy.
    Also good for brownies-baked in 10mins

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Can I ask where did you buy them I think they are a great idea for making individual cakes like cheesecake, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Clionam22

I got mine from Amazon, search for 12 cup dessert pan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Make little tart cases from mushed up digestives and stuff with nice things?

Or pastry.

Here's an american pic... They've melted a mini mars bar into a base, put a giant marshmallow on top and put melted chocolate on top.

smores.jpg

Advertisement