Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lens potential issue

• 30-07-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just took delivery of a Fuji XC50-230.

Lens body seems to be ok (all plastic, as expected) but when I tilt the lens I can hear/feel movement inside.

Fairly new to interchangeable lenses in general - is this something I should expect.

It came last week, but haven't had much time to check it out.

Cheers,
    km

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

km991148 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just took delivery of a Fuji XC50-230.

Lens body seems to be ok (all plastic, as expected) but when I tilt the lens I can hear/feel movement inside.

Fairly new to interchangeable lenses in general - is this something I should expect.

It came last week, but haven't had much time to check it out.

Cheers,
    km

You could be hearing the IS free floating element moving around inside.
    Do you notice any jerky image movement when using the lens on a camera through the viewfinder at all...or clicks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

You could be hearing the IS free floating element moving around inside.
    Do you notice any jerky image movement when using the lens on a camera through the viewfinder at all...or clicks?

thanks - wasn't too sure - will get afull try out of the lens tonight - update fw etc and see how it performs.

Advertisement