Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom billing

Options
  • 30-07-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭

hello,
    Got a call from someone to day saying they are from 'eircom billing' it sounded a bit dodgey as all they seemed to want to confirm some old details of the number. Can you confirm that this was not you?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sheesh wrote: »
    hello,
    Got a call from someone to day saying they are from 'eircom billing' it sounded a bit dodgey as all they seemed to want to confirm some old details of the number. Can you confirm that this was not you?

thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi sheesh

That sounds quite odd because when eircoms agents call they would never ask for account numbers or personal data, what number did they call from do you know?

Also, do PM me your eircom account number & I'll check your account for any eircom outbound call activity.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

hello,

thanks

Hi sheesh

That sounds quite odd because when eircoms agents call they would never ask for account numbers or personal data, what number did they call from do you know?

Also, do PM me your eircom account number & I'll check your account for any eircom outbound call activity.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi alan no I didn't give out any details.

they wanted to speak a person that was associated with the account years ago.

the number is ex-directory now and they asked to speak to the person who was when we were listed.

The converasation went something like this: I'm changing the name to 'john smith'

caller: hello this is l**** f*** from eircom billing can i speak to john smith?

me: john smith isn't here

caller: we have had some complaints about connections in the area

me: We've had no problems

caller:so am i speaking to john smith?

me: no he's been dead for 20 years.

she hung up

I'll pm you the number that the call came in on

it looks like they were trying to confirm the name on the old phone book was still the same but they were trying to say they were from eircom

e.g. when the number was listed it was in the name of 'John Smith' they asked to speak to john smith, I said that he was not there, they said that there were complaints about the phones in the area and wanted to see if our were right 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hello,

thanks

Hi sheesh

Thanks
    Al
    Hi alan no I didn't give out any details.

they wanted to speak a person that was associated with the account years ago.

the number is ex-directory now and they asked to speak to the person who was when we were listed.

The converasation went something like this: I'm changing the name to 'john smith'

caller: hello this is l**** f*** from eircom billing can i speak to john smith?

me: john smith isn't here

caller: we have had some complaints about connections in the area

me: We've had no problems

caller:so am i speaking to john smith?

me: no he's been dead for 20 years.

she hung up

I'll pm you the number that the call came in on

it looks like they were trying to confirm the name on the old phone book was still the same but they were trying to say they were from eircom

e.g. when the number was listed it was in the name of 'John Smith' they asked to speak to john smith, I said that he was not there, they said that there were complaints about the phones in the area and wanted to see if our were right 
    Hi sheesh

I can confirm that this was not eircom calling. There have been reports of this type of call happening over the past few months. These calls are from scamming groups trying to gather information and should be treated with suspicion and totally ignored/hung up on.

For more information on this issue you may find it helpful to contact the malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement