Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping Gear

Options
  • 30-07-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I just won VIP camping tickets to independence in mitchelstown this weekend. I hadn't planned on going at all so all last minute trying to get organised for it now!

Can any one recommend where to look for a smallish semi decent (but not too expensive) tent in Kilkenny? (max 2 people)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's a camping shop in the old Arcade down by TSB in the High Street, I've not bought any tents in there but I'd imagine its a good bet.

Also I've seen tents in Aldi (in Callan anyway). They are 4 or 6 man but it might work out cheaper....you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Padmore and Barnes also do tents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Try Argos. The last time I was in the outdoor store by PTSB the prices were madness for some of the stuff and if your only getting a tent for minimal use I wouldn't go spending more than 50e on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Oh and Halfords as well. Check argos and Halfords online. They will be definitely cheaper than Padmore and the camping shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Halfords are a good bet for camping gear.

While you're there pick up a camp bed for yourself. They;re a tenner and are much more comfy than having a rock projecting into your spine all night

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

Padmore and Barns have an amazing selection tbh. Great store.

Advertisement