Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 NFL Draft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

come on chip - blow this draft wide open!!!!

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm just sitting here about to laugh at the Bucs if the draft Winston. Everybody says they will and it's so crazy that players with charges against them are being predicted to drop out of the first round but this guy and all his off field stuff is going number one.

his off the field stuff is different though and a lot of it is either of questionable severity or questionable real...ness (no idea what word i wanted there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Must be 30 people in that Bucs war room.

I believe some teams keep it small and the scouts are not allowed in. The Patriots do that afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

For Pats fans, there's a PFW in Progress live draft show taking place on patriots.com right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

How do the Bucs and Titans with so many needs turn this down? Some teams will never be good.

@RapSheet
    What package are #Eagles talking about to go to No. 1 or No. 2? Two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, Fletcher Cox, Boykin, Kendricks, more. Wow.

why would they not take that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lmfao, imo that is a waste of a pick. The off the field stuff aside I just don't think he is good enough to succeed in the nfl.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Must be 30 people in that Bucs war room.

I believe some teams keep it small and the scouts are not allowed in. The Patriots do that afaik

Around the Pats table it might only be Belichick, Caserio and Rob & Johnathan Kraft. You certainly won't find any Jerry Jones style showboating there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I expect those two teams to be picking good and early again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭irish_man

Can't believe it didn't happen. i'm nearly disappointed now. Difficult to succeed in Tennessee

Around the Pats table it might only be Belichick, Caserio and Rob & Johnathan Kraft. You certainly won't find any Jerry Jones style showboating there.

The story of Jerry and Stephen Jones fighting each other over the phone in last year's draft was hilarious...almost picked Johnny Football lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Not watching

Who's picked who so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Winston to the bucs and Mariota to the Titans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My favourite thing about the draft has to be the suits. I wish I could pull some of tht fashion off....!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My favourite thing about the draft has to be the suits. I wish I could pull some of tht fashion off....!

#neverforget

ziggy-ansah1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So disappointed :(

So disappointed :(

ya thought you mite be i think yowl get over if pretty quickly if mariota lights up a few games his upside is wayyyyy higher than metts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Byron Jones
    Address a need at CB
    Happy Cowboy
    Glad I didn't stay up to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Fantastic job by Elway with the Broncos trading up to 23 to take Shane Ray. Ray and Miller will be the most lethal pass rushing duo in the NFL.

The trade was a great piece of work. The Broncos save $3million in cap space by trading Rameriez who lost his job at C last year and is not suited to Kubiak's ZBS and gave up a fifth round pick this year and next year when the Broncos will have compensatory picks available.

Really impressed by the work of the Broncos management.

Really impressed by the work of the Broncos management.

You won't be saying that when you see Gino Gradowski at center

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

not in love with the Mariota pick.

Chap is going to have to run for his life and is a Jake Locker waiting to happen:(

However i'll support him as he's our QB.

Whiz has said that Mariota will be the day 1 starter.
    Metts agent has already asked for a trade...

Onto the 33rd pick.

I would have thought they'd go WR.. with Strong and OGB on the board.
    But i think they could go OLB with Gregory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Happy the Eagles picked Agholar, he was one of the 3 WR's i like along with Dorsett and Green-Beckham, who i would like to see them pick up to as im not a fan of Cooper and Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'm surprised that the Raiders took Cooper over Williams but the pick still works because, along with the signing of Crabtree, Carr now has much better offensive weapons to work with. Tonight will be crucial to see if we can get help on the defensive side of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

This is exactly what not to do with Mariota

phatkev wrote: »
    This is exactly what not to do with Mariota

agree, he's going to struggle imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

agree, he's going to struggle imo.

Ye must still be looking to trade him right. I mean this has to be all talk to try and keep his value up. He doesn't exactly fit yer scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Heffo001

not in love with the Mariota pick.

Chap is going to have to run for his life and is a Jake Locker waiting to happen:(

However i'll support him as he's our QB.

Metts agent has already asked for a trade...

Onto the 33rd pick.

I would have thought they'd go WR.. with Strong and OGB on the board.

I like the Mariota pick. Rather than considering him another potential Jake Locker, I prefer to go with Gruden's description: "He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4." :D

Interesting board for the first pick tonight all right!

Do they draft someone to help Mariota succeed? Maybe TJ Clemmings to shore up RT or maybe a WR like DGB, Devin Smith or Jaelen Strong.

Lot's of options that could be a good fit on defence as well: Randy Gregory, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Eddie Goldman.

Looking forward to seeing what the pick is.

Ravens have lots of strong possession type receivers with average speed so a deep threat to replace Torrey Smith was needed. Draft a reciever but a specific type of reciever.

6'2"
    212lbs
    4.24 40 time

Sounds encouraging I guess. The Ravens FO stated Perriman was the final player left they had a 1st round grade on and they would have traded out if he was gone.

I fully believe it, the Ravens have a long track record of trading out of the 1st

Heffo001 wrote: »
    I like the Mariota pick. Rather than considering him another potential Jake Locker, I prefer to go with Gruden's description: "He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4." :D

Interesting board for the first pick tonight all right!

Do they draft someone to help Mariota succeed? Maybe TJ Clemmings to shore up RT or maybe a WR like DGB, Devin Smith or Jaelen Strong.

Lot's of options that could be a good fit on defence as well: Randy Gregory, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Eddie Goldman.

Looking forward to seeing what the pick is.

Yeah im 50/50 on where they go with the next pick.

Expect they take a WR to give MM as many options to succeed as they can.

Ok watching the draft last night - im after having a few hours sleep - after coming to work and listened to around the nfl podcast from last night - and just some of my opinions on last night and the fallout.....

1. Badly run - at one stage towards the end of the draft Carolina, Baltimore and Dallas all had their picks in and we were going to ads.... also they showed Dallas war room before an ad break clapping and shaking hands when the pick went in.... and then showed the same clip 2 ads later and Rich Eisen was like there is the war room now.... lies! they could have tighted up a lot of production.

2. Browns didnt sh!t the bed.... totally! I think for Browns Danny Shelton is a great pick - keep on his fitness and he will be a top NT. Erving i didnt get until you think that Mack is probably gonna be gone from Center next year! Its not the worst pick by any means but still they could have got a wide receiver here. Think of this Erving is the biggest center in the league now at 6ft 5inches - if Manziel gets a run he is one of the smallest QBs in the league

3. Jets fans can relax that they picked the Best Player on the Board - all i can think is the AFC East has some tough D lines - and that Tom Brady is gonna be under serious pressure

4. Titans made a mistake and could quite possibly have cost the team serious progression! I seen a tweet last night for 2 first round picks and a 3rd Round + Bradford + Kendricks + Fletcher Cox + Boykin for Titans pick. Now considering when Titans didnt trade the whole build up to the draft died.... set the tone.... no real trading.... and teams had to pay high prices to move up! but for the Titans if they were offered half that you would have to take it - even 2 first rounders - Bradford & Kendricks and thats a great deal... For what - a guy that might be good! I dunno i was confused by it

5. The cost of trading up.... as mentioned in the above point - the cost of trading up was a bit much this year - Vikes moved up from the second to the first for Teddy last year for a 4th rounder - for Chargers to move 2 spots - 4th this year and fifth next year. Broncos gave up 5th this year 5th next year and manny ramirez! Just seems so much to move up!

6. Safe Picks - i think a lot of team were more conservative with their picks this year - Giants took a OT - expected - vikes with waynes - expected - i suppose the only 2 or 3 picks with some interest for me was Ray to Broncos, Gurley to Rams and Dorsett to Colts. Aside from those the picks we all just safe... rather than boom bust players like Gregory, DGB

The Draft itself was a lil disappointing in full - but i still couldnt have missed it :D

Roll on Round 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

There's rumours going around that Gregory suffers from anxiety and depression and that this has taken him off of a lot of teams draft board. Sad if true, but ultimately teams don't want to take that risk.

1. Badly run - at one stage towards the end of the draft Carolina, Baltimore and Dallas all had their picks in and we were going to ads.... also they showed Dallas war room before an ad break clapping and shaking hands when the pick went in.... and then showed the same clip 2 ads later and Rich Eisen was like there is the war room now.... lies! they could have tighted up a lot of production.

The Patriots pick was in but not announced yet as there was a delay as usual. Eisen asked Mayock what he thought of the pick now that it was made and then immediately corrected himself as NFL Network wait for the podium so they can't discuss it yet. So Eisen asked Mayock to predict a pick

Mayock throws his hands in the air, "guesses" Malcolm Brown, we cut to the podium and then cut back to Eisen congratulating Mayock on a correct pick

Cringeworthy production :rolleyes:

there was another one were the camera man went to byron jones instead of breshad perriman for the ravens pick - all made sense when Cowboys eventually picked jones! like i understand ads and that but why when the picks are in go to ads for the minute between picks but have Goodell stay out there - here he comes - nope... not yet oh no wait her he comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Heffo001

Yeah im 50/50 on where they go with the next pick.

Expect they take a WR to give MM as many options to succeed as they can.

Which WR would you go with at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can see Cowboys knocking on the Rams door with an offer for Stacy soon, tbh. While he tailed off last year, I'd find it hard to see him struggle much behind that Dallas OL.

Obviously I don't want it to happen though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Knex. wrote: »
    Can see Cowboys knocking on the Rams door with an offer for Stacy soon, tbh. While he tailed off last year, I'd find it hard to see him struggle much behind that Dallas OL.

Obviously I don't want it to happen though :pac:

Few would fail behind the Dallas o line at present

Stacy has requested a trade request and it was granted! could move in the next few days

just watching chip kellys presser he said they talked to the titans but didnt offer any players as they didn't get into any real discussions and they where never close to getting the pick as it was a really steep price "its like driving into a nice neighbourhood and seeing a really nice house and they tell you the price and you turn around and drive away"

Cynic in me would think he's bound to say he never offered players, considering he now has to work with them again for a year.

Hardly want them in an environment where they believe themselves not to be wanted or valued.

• Advertisement

Cynic in me would think he's bound to say he never offered players, considering he now has to work with them again for a year.

Hardly want them in an environment where they believe themselves not to be wanted or valued.

very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Time is round 2 at?

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Time is round 2 at?

Midnight, I believe someone on here said the other day.

Jets fans can relax that they picked the Best Player on the Board - all i can think is the AFC East has some tough D lines - and that Tom Brady is gonna be under serious pressure

Gonna be under serious pressure? But that's nothing new, because the AFC East has had some of the best D lines in football for some years now. Even if the Jets didn't draft Williams, Brady would still be facing the kind of D lines that give QBs sleepless nights.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Time is round 2 at?

Midnight, I believe someone on here said the other day.

It's at midnight alright and the 4th-7th round picks start at 5:00PM on Saturday.

Gonna be under serious pressure? But that's nothing new, because the AFC East has had some of the best D lines in football for some years now. Even if the Jets didn't draft Williams, Brady would still be facing the kind of D lines that give QBs sleepless nights.

different level now though you have legitabmatly 3 of the top 5-6 d-lines in the nfl now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's at midnight alright and the 4th-7th round picks start at 5:00PM on Saturday.

Ah, didn't realise they do round three tonight as well.

Is Sexy Rexy turning that Bills front four into a 3-4 D?

apparently whisenhunt said that they worked mariota out under centre and they feel he can play there system. that does not sound promising sounds like he's not going to do a whole lot to cater to mariotas strengths

Winston being Winston, he wins, even after all the stupid sh1t he has done, he still goes No.1...that being said
    Bust

Screen-Shot-2015-04-30-at-11.55.29-PM.png?f90378

jesus lads a lot of ye not fans of winston I'm not saying he's going to be a hall of famer or anything but he's a guy that you can build a Super Bowl team around. thats something the bucs (and a lot of other teams) have not had it a long time

• Advertisement
Advertisement