Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 NFL Draft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Cornerback for my Ravens please at 58

Wouldn't be opposed to Duke Johnson either if he lasts that long

Lot of players I'd be happy with taking in this round.

Ronald Darby, PJ Williams or Jalen Collins would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I really hope we get DGB or a TE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its extremely unlikely but i hope the Eagles pick up Green-Beckham tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Chargers fan here, long suffering.. Delighted with getting Gordon in R1, more so because we didn't give up the entire farm (and Big Phil) to take Mariota at two as the worrying rumours were suggesting.. And we've now got what seems like a genuine RB threat that, good as he is in the passing game, Danny Woodhead just isn't.. O-line and pass rush in rounds 2 and 3 will do me nicely, if Randy Gregory is still hovering around a couple of places before our pick I wouldn't be averse to trading up to secure him, it's shades of Te'o again, getting a good player falling into our lap due to character concerns.. Can't see it happen though, too good a player to fall beyond the top 8 in round 2.. Rest of my wish list is a WR project in round 5, a roster player in 6... And that Christian Hackenberg declares next year and ends up as a Bolt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It appears that the draft is free for us tonight on the NFL site. Just click on the link below and then click to watch it. There might be one or two short videos and after that you are all set for the night.

http://www.nfl.com/live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

was free last night too

Its extremely unlikely but i hope the Eagles pick up Green-Beckham tonight

No hope unfortunately chip won't sign a guy who's not high charicter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

its free on NFL Now
    watching it through my Roku stick streaming device
    33 and 34 picked already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I have to say, I love all the booing. I never get tired of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

How many guys declared? How many get picked? Do teams have to pick or can they say we only wanted 1 guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Deco99 wrote: »
    How many guys declared? How many get picked? Do teams have to pick or can they say we only wanted 1 guy.

Dont know how many declare but there are hundreds who sign after the draft as undrafted free agents. There are probably any where upto 100s of guys who declared who don't get drafted or signed as undrafted free agents.

7 rounds of 32 picks plus numerous compensation picks (the number of comp picks varies from year to year).

I don't know what happens if a team wants to stop picking players, it wouldn't make sense so i don't know the protocol if that happened. They can pick players and decide not to give them a contract afterwards and then they become a free agent, free to sign with anybody else.

Well, that was another interesting night.

I think the Jets have had the best draft by a country mile so far. At the other end of the scale, the Saints have absolutely shit the bed, Colts may have just saved what appeared to be heading towards a shocking draft with the acquisition of Henry Anderson in a steal and if anyone knows what the Packers are trying to do could they please let me know, drafting a returner in round 3 :eek:

I was very pleased with my own team's business last night. Eric De Costa said he thought Maxx Williams would be gone by pick #40. He fills a need especially if Pitta can't return and jumping ahead of the Steelers to take him when they were all set to pull the trigger according to their beat writers is the icing on the cake! Two receiving threats in the first two rounds, Flacco will be a happy man. Carl Davis is definite value in the 3rd. He dominated at the Senior Bowl and he, Timmy Jernigan and Brandon Williams should all be able to chip in to help replace Ngata. A decent RB and CB early this evening and I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Happy enough so far with the Jaguar's picks.

I think Fowler in the first rd speaks for itself. The guy has talent and confidence oozing from him (he'd need it to pull of the draft day suit and shoes :)). While i do think Yeldon was a bit of a reach at the top of the 2nd, im happy enough that we could address a big area of need early enough. Think he'll be more viewed in a complimentary role with Shoelace as opposed to being our new every down back. Could be another Fred Taylor/MJD running back tandem coming to JAX. And finally the AJ Cann pick. Another solid complimentary player for the Jags O-Line. Yeh, our o-line was awful last year. But Brandon Linder is a year more experienced, Zane Beadles is solid and getting Stefan Wisniewski at C will help solidify the line. Pair that with Joeckel and Parnell and i think we're looking a lot more solid. Cann will fit in nicely to the new look o-line but cant imagine him pushing anyone out for a starting position.

Look for us to take a WR and maybe some DB help in the last 4 rounds today. WR core is looking good with Lee, Robinson and Hurns all going into their 2nd years. Throw Julius Thomas with Marcedes Lewis and we've got a very good TE tandem too. But all the help we can get Bortles will be appreciated so im predicting WR, DB for us today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Ravens have 3 picks in the 4th round

I'll take any of these players in the 4th :)

Tre Jackson, Guard, Florida State. 6'4" 330lbs.Guard is not a need now but both our starting guards are free agents next year and likely one of them will go to free agency. Going BPA here

Ifo Ekpure-Olomu, CB, Oregon, 5'9" 192lbs. Has dropped due to injury status but he can make the team. Would enter camp at the 4th on the depth chart and he can work his way up from there

David Cobb, RB, Minnesota, 5'11", 229'lbs. Looking for a bigger back to complement Justin Forsett. Forrest was super last year but he can't do it on his own for the next three years. Cobb will also have a mentor here

Grady Jarrett, Clemson NT, 6'1", 304lbs. The team already took a defensive tackle in the 3rd round and the Ravens don't strictly play a 3-4, they are very versatile. I would like a powerful lineman for the rotation and while it's not a need it's an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Grady Jarrett, Clemson NT, 6'1", 304lbs. The team already took a defensive tackle in the 3rd round and the Ravens don't strictly play a 3-4, they are very versatile. I would like a powerful lineman for the rotation and while it's not a need it'd an option

Do you think he can play NT? Some are worried about his size concerns. Would love the Colts to take him if he could play NT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Bears chairman was a little too awake and excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Pick number we at now?

trey wingo @wingoz

Shane Ray's father was never in Shane's life..but showed up at his pro day in a tee shirt that read "The original Shane Ray" #classy

Scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hazys wrote: »
    trey wingo @wingoz

Shane Ray's father was never in Shane's life..but showed up at his pro day in a tee shirt that read "The original Shane Ray" #classy

Scumbag
    He saw the dollar signs I think but yeah not a nice thing to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't get the logic of moving down 14 places for a 7th round pick, seems a very poor trade.

• Advertisement

34 year old Green Beret Nate Boyer is signing as an UDFA with the Seahawks....lets hope he has a legit chance of making the team and its not just a morale boost for the rest of the team

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2015/05/01/nate-boyer-green-beret-texas-long-snapper/26694629/

Who do you think had the best/worst drafts on paper then guys?

Personally, my favourites were Falcons, Jaguars and Jets (minus their 4th round pick of Petty) while drafts I disliked would be the Saints, 49ers, Packers and Colts (though Henry Anderson could/should end up being a steal).

On another note, here's Todd McShay's "way-too-early 2015 mock draft" he posted in mid-May last year after the 2014 draft. 13 ended up going in 1st round, 4 in the 2nd, 10 later than the 2nd and a few went back to school. Just goes to show how much changes in the space of a year and how difficult it is to predict what teams will do. The best mockers generally average around 6 correct picks, and that's even knowing team needs etc.

1) Oakland Raiders - Leonard Williams, DL, USC
    2) Cleveland Browns - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    3) Jacksonville Jaguars - Cedric Ogbuehi, OL, Texas A&M
    4) Washington Redskins - Dante Fowler Jr, DE, Florida
    5) New York Jets - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
    6) Minnesota Vikings - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
    7) St. Louis Rams - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
    8) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    9) Miami Dolphins - Mario Edwards Jr, DE, Florida State
    10) Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) - Landon Collins, S, Alabama
    11) Dallas Cowboys - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
    12) Atlanta Falcons - Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State
    13) Detroit Lions - PJ Williams, CB, Florida State
    14) Kansas City Chiefs - Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
    15) Houston Texans - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
    16) Tennessee Titans - Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
    17) Baltimore Ravens - Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State
    18) Chicago Bears - Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon
    19) Carolina Panthers - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford,
    20) Arizona Cardinals - Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson
    21) Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalen Mills, CB, LSU
    22) Cincinnati Bengals - Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina
    23) New York Giants - Ramik Wilson, LB, Georgia
    24) San Diego Chargers - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
    25) San Francisco 49ers - Devonte Fields, DE/OLB, TCU
    26) Indianapolis Colts - Tre’ Jackson, G, Florida State
    27) Philadelphia Eagles - Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State
    28) New England Patriots - Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
    29) Green Bay Packers - Eric Striker, LB, Oklahoma
    30) Seattle Seahawks - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
    31) New Orleans Saints - Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri
    32) Denver Broncos - Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Heh, he got Grasu to the Bears right, three rounds early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

and 3 of the players in that 32 actually ended up getting drafted by the Jaguars :) Fowler, Michael Bennett and Rashad Greene. Does that mean we'll be super awesome this year? pleeeeease?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

kev_s88 wrote: »
    and 3 of the players in that 32 actually ended up getting drafted by the Jaguars :) Fowler, Michael Bennett and Rashad Greene. Does that mean we'll be super awesome this year? pleeeeease?

If your OL can allow Bortles more than 2 seconds in the pocket, and keep him away from suffering David Carr syndrome, ye might have a chance.

I'm not Bortles biggest fan by any means regardless, but jesus he got a baptism of fire.

Spose Tannehill managed to survive his with Dophins, and I think he'll be great this year, but its certainly not fair on rookie QB's being thrown in like that. Its why Titans drafting Mariota, and not trading down, raises some eyebrows.

If the rookies, and the recent picks, don't consolidate that revolving door, and Mariota starts day 1, he's gonna be in a damn tough situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Rakeem Cato and Tommy Shuler still haven't signed as UDFAs anywhere which is so hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

2015 draft by position:

DB 47
    LB 37
    WR 34
    OT 26
    DE 23
    RB 23
    TE 18
    DT 18
    OG 16
    QB 7
    C 5
    P 1
    LS 1

7 is the lowest number of QB's drafted since 1995.

Looks like lael has been cleared as a suspect!!! Poor guy lost millions for nothing. Some team is going to get a great pickup by the looks of it and he has his choice.

With regards Eagles aparently bennie Logan (former lsu teammate) is petitioning him and the Eagles coaching staff to get him and Jason peters is his idol having said that he does not seem like an Eagles lineman.

Who do you think he will go to?

Looks like lael has been cleared as a suspect!!! Poor guy lost millions for nothing. Some team is going to get a great pickup by the looks of it and he has his choice.

With regards Eagles aparently bennie Logan (former lsu teammate) is petitioning him and the Eagles coaching staff to get him and Jason peters is his idol having said that he does not seem like an Eagles lineman.

Who do you think he will go to?

He's coming to the Cowboys baby
    We love the difficult ones in the big D

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    He's coming to the Cowboys baby
    We love the difficult ones in the big D

dont even know if he'd play on that line we have a lovely spot at right guard that he can compete with allen barbre for. rumours that he had dinner with rex how much of a cherry would he be on top of that bills offseason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Once day 3 arrrived he wanted to be undrafted instead of a low round pick

A drafted rookie signs a 4 year deal. An undrafted rookie signs a 3 year deal and the team can put a tender on him for the 4th year. If Collins shows his talent he'll get a high salary in the 4th year and overall it'll work out to be about 2nd round money. Or a team might give him a new deal immediately after the 3rd year

It's not all bleak. 2nd round money over 4 years is good, just it'll be backloaded to year 4 instead of front loaded like many contracts

Andrew Brandt, former capalogist for the Packers was on the Ross Tucker podcast explaining this

Maybe LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron will petition him to join Baltimore. However we're not short on linemen at the moment and he wouldn't be a starter immediately

Reports now that Collins has signed with Dallas.

I told everyone last night he was getting a star....
    You can all cal me mystic meg

Oh good, they badly needed another potential star o-lineman :mad:

seems like a poor move on his part. i dont know if he's going to start on that team...... also here the mandatory **** the cowboys

• Advertisement

seems like a poor move on his part. i dont know if he's going to start on that team...... also here the mandatory **** the cowboys

Well he got $1.65 million in guarateed money and will be under no pressure year one so it's not a terrible spot for him.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Well he got $1.65 million in guarateed money and will be under no pressure year one so it's not a terrible spot for him.

i would have thought he would have started day one as for the money i think every team would have offered him the max possible

i would have thought he would have started day one as for the money i think every team would have offered him the max possible

Had he been drafted in the 1st or 2nd he would have but he could do with a little work on his technique and adding a bit of strength. I'm sure he will get plenty of snaps in some short yardage and goal line situations and will probably have to cover some injuries.

Jesus, I'd be confident of putting up a couple hundred yards rushing behind that Cowboys offensive line myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Paully D wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd be confident of putting up a couple hundred yards rushing behind that Cowboys offensive line myself!

10 tds a season I'd be banging in. They managed to keep demarco murray healthy all season. They are the best in the league!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

So much for him saying he'd only go to a team where he would be the starting LT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Getting basically another first rounder for 1.5m, nice work if your the Cowboys.

Now, I wonder what offshore bank account in his dogs name will Jerry use to pay him a big bonus. :P

Dante Fowler carted off during an 11-on-11 drill. Hopefully it's not as serious as it may be.

Dante Fowler carted off during an 11-on-11 drill. Hopefully it's not as serious as it may be.

Video of it on Reddit. Looks pretty nasty at first glance, knee goes a bit funny.

(Video)

Ouch, that looked very nasty from that angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It's nice to see my drafting skill strikes again. Drafted clowney in my fantasy team last year and fowler for boards this year, and we all know how harmless non contact knee injuries are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ouch, that looked very nasty from that angle.

Schefter reporting it as a torn ACL. Out for the year.

Fowler out for his rookie season
    Torn Acl
    That's not good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

brinty wrote: »
    Fowler out for his rookie season
    Torn Acl
    That's not good

I wonder had he signed his rookie contract yet? First rounders don't usually sign for a few weeks don't they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement